Leeds United pre season game at Plainmoor

General chat about anything else goes here.
selkie
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Tony Currie

Post by selkie »

batesout
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: andy provan

Post by batesout »

And this lot.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by batesout on 30 Jun 2012, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
batesout
New Signing
New Signing

Post by batesout »

Ive recieved 2 tickets for the popside. thought this was torquays kop end?
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

batesout wrote:Ive recieved 2 tickets for the popside. thought this was torquays kop end?
That's ok you'll be perfectly safe if you behave yourself! You are visiting a sleepy seaside resort in the tranquil Westcountry, not Millwall.

Very carefully selected videos in the last couple of posts as not much to sing about in the last few years. I noted your user name and will speak to my mate in the pub this evening who gets Christmas and Birthday cards from Ken as his cousin is married to him. I am sure he will convey your best wishes to Monaco (or if you can wait a few months I'll pass them on personally).

Hope you enjoy your trip to the South West (and don't forget your knotted handkerchiefs, bucket, and spade, passport for entering Cornwall for your games in Kernow, Cornish phrasebook, and plenty of extra cash as the Cornish will rip you off big time if you are English (and don't mention you travelled through Deb'n or you'll never get a room for the night) ;-)
batesout
New Signing
New Signing

Post by batesout »

stefano wrote: That's ok you'll be perfectly safe if you behave yourself! You are visiting a sleepy seaside resort in the tranquil Westcountry, not Millwall.

Very carefully selected videos in the last couple of posts as not much to sing about in the last few years. I noted your user name and will speak to my mate in the pub this evening who gets Christmas and Birthday cards from Ken as his cousin is married to him. I am sure he will convey your best wishes to Monaco (or if you can wait a few months I'll pass them on personally).

Hope you enjoy your trip to the South West (and don't forget your knotted handkerchiefs, bucket, and spade, passport for entering Cornwall for your games in Kernow, Cornish phrasebook, and plenty of extra cash as the Cornish will rip you off big time if you are English (and don't mention you travelled through Deb'n or you'll never get a room for the night) ;-)
hopefully bates will be well gone by the time you visit monaco. :clap:

im just glad ill be safe on the popside :lol:
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Have we actually annoced ticket sales for the home end yet on this game or any other for that matter? Not seen anything on the OS about it yet and I'm sure they stated before they would do mid June.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

AlexGulls wrote:Have we actually annoced ticket sales for the home end yet on this game or any other for that matter? Not seen anything on the OS about it yet and I'm sure they stated before they would do mid June.
I think they are waiting to see how much room there is left! ;-)
batesout
New Signing
New Signing

Post by batesout »

stefano wrote: I think they are waiting to see how much room there is left! ;-)
Thats probably a good idea to be fair. :scarf:
batesout
New Signing
New Signing

Post by batesout »

ferrarilover wrote:Ok, Lancaster, you're a Leeds United fan, so that shows you up immediately as a retard, so I'm going to make this nice and simple for you to understand.

No one here gives a toss about you or your club, how many supporters you have, how 'amazing' that support is or that you think you're a 'bigger' club than Birmingham City. We are Torquay United fans, we dislike Exeter and Plymouth and some of us have a mild disdain for Bristol Rovers and Northampton Town. If you want to go shouting about how many supporters you have, I suggest that Manchester United, with their 78,000 all seater stadium would have something to say about the Elland Road Massive. If you want to talk about being amazing supporters, then I suggest you're in the right place. It's easy following Leeds about, right in the middle of the country, easy links to everywhere, loads of coaches organised by the club etc. Try being a Torquay fan on a freezing Tuesday night in January when you have to take two days off work just to get to Burton Albion away, which in itself is a 5 hour trip. If you want to talk about history, then visit Real Madrid. If you want to talk about hard, then visit West Ham, or Millwall. If you want to talk about present success, then take a wander over to European Champions Chelsea. If you want a chat about the standard of your football, Barcelona is your destination. If you want to talk about rivalry, Argentina is your boy, for River Plate and Boca Juniors. Face it, you're not the best at anything, you mean sod all to us, and we really aren't going to be impressed by anything you can bring to the table, because at every turn, we can each readily think of at least one other club that does it better.

See you on <insert friendly date here>, with your 999 friends and no more. Please do try to buck the trend and not behave like a complete bellend, which seems always to be a side effect of wearing or indeed merely possessing a Leeds United shirt.

Matt.
Matt looks like Lancasters made you look a fool :lol:
you best edit the 999 :na:
Wobblehead
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Wobblehead »

Afternoon all

Coming to the game with my trusty old vw camper and 14 year old in tow.

Is there anywhere for a couple of nights wild camping, i.e, quiet dunes, quiet lanes, could I sneek onto or near the scout camp as I can't see many camp sites about

Sensible answers on a postcard

Thanks

Wobblehead
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

There are hundreds of campsites dotted around if you do your research. I'm sure you'll find somewhere easily enough although being the holiday season you'd better book early.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Wobblehead
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Wobblehead »

Thanks Dave
Can find campsites, but non near Torquay??

Anyone in the know?

Thanks
batesout
New Signing
New Signing

Post by batesout »

Wobblehead wrote:Afternoon all

Coming to the game with my trusty old vw camper and 14 year old in tow.

Is there anywhere for a couple of nights wild camping, i.e, quiet dunes, quiet lanes, could I sneek onto or near the scout camp as I can't see many camp sites about

Sensible answers on a postcard

Thanks

Wobblehead
Book ladies mile dawlish we are stopping for a week and doing the full tour.
25 mins £5-00 return to torquay on the train, and the last train leaves at 11-46pm back to dawlish.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Wobblehead wrote:Thanks Dave
Can find campsites, but non near Torquay??

Anyone in the know?

Thanks

I stay here quite often, not the cheapest around but only a 10 minute drive to the ground and the owner is a Torquay fan. Decent facilities but no bar, if you want somewhere friendly and easygoing you'll enjoy it there.

http://www.higherwellfarmholidaypark.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Southampton Gull wrote:
I stay here quite often, not the cheapest around but only a 10 minute drive to the ground and the owner is a Torquay fan. Decent facilities but no bar, if you want somewhere friendly and easygoing you'll enjoy it there.

http://www.higherwellfarmholidaypark.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Higherwell is a great place right near the village of Stoke Gabriel where I am from and my parents live. Stay there and go to Hunts cider farm just down the road.