Lee Dunn Video v Crewe. How long was 2ndHalf

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Lee Dunn Video v Crewe. How long was 2ndHalf

Post by portugull »

I would love to know how long the second half actually lasted on saturday. i kept looking at my watch and i reckon that the second half lasted at least 53 minutes. at no time did either trainer come on the pitch in the second half but there were a number of substitutions. 4 minutes seemed way too long but i am not at all sure about the 90 minutes. it seemed like he played 93 and then added 5.

i do not know when the new stand is opened whether we plan to have a new clock which is a feature at many grounds.

i am convinced the referee got his timing wrong and it has cost us dearly. i know its too late to change the result but i am still so miffed that yet again the officials have had such an impact on the result. from reading the posts on other threads i do not think i am alone in believing the ref got his timing wrong.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

The Ref didn`t get it wrong as such, he deliberately took the piss because of the way Rene went off and laughed as he wasted time! This was nothing more than the Ref trying to pay back Rene for taking the piss! Officials should NEVER behave in that way, he is a disgrace to Refs everywhere and should be disciplined by the F.A but as we all know the `Toothless Blazers` do Jack about anything!
97 minutes had expired even after the 4th Official put the board up for what was an unfairly long 4 minutes anyway! As I have said before on numurous occasions Refs seem to hate coming here and usually find some way of punishing us.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

The Beeb said 90 + 9, with their equaliser coming at around 93:30 apparently.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Well if we stuck 2 past them then it wouldn't be an issue. It is all swings and roundabouts. How many times have we wanted 4+ minutes on the board and got it due to time wasting.

If only we hadn't drew at D&R, if only we scored another at Oxford, if only if only if only

Let's just hope for Saturday now and move on.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Totally. We failed to defend properly the last 15 minutes ( plus stoppage time ) and we should have been out of sight by then anyway. Yes the ref was a complete faff but if we do our jobs properly and Rene finds the net a couple of times with some gilt edged opportunities instead of laughing like a big girl and trying to waste time then we wouldn't be moaning about this. Rene, laugh and joke mate when you've found the onion bag a couple of times and we're 3-0 up, until then have some respect. It was obvious that the ref added lots of time on, the clock was at 4.50 before the board had even gone up and where he got the 4 minutes from i just don't know but WE cocked it up not the ref so let's take it on the chin and move on to saturday. If it is to be the play offs, it's not the ref on saturday that condemned us to it it's our inability to finish teams off. Simples!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

I agree with Paul (Awayday) This has been our problem all season....not putting away our chances. It's great being able to defend well, but 1 goal up is always risky. Penalty, deflected shot, own goal anything can happen, including the ref. adding 5/6/7 mins. Can't blame the ref, we just have to be less wastful, in front of goal, and added time won't mean a fig. :goal:

Bloody annoying though. First half one of their players was injured. Stayed on the pitch and received treatment to a foot problem. Was down for 2/3 mins. Went off, after trearment, and some time later (Still in the 1st half) sat back down, in the centre circle. Again play was stopped, he received more treatment and then hobbled off to be replaced by a sub. All of this took another 2+ mins. End of the 1st half he adds a total of 2 mins. Strange.

Maybe, when they bring in goal line technology,( :clap: ) they could also introduce a time keeper, rather than the ref. keeping time. That way the clock could be actually stopped for the duration of an injury. Mind you the "game" will end up lasting about 2 hours, so maybe not such a good idea. :lol:

COYY. Lets get behind the boys at Hereford. We CAN do it. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Awayday wrote:
If only we hadn't drew at D&R, if only we scored another at Oxford, if only if only if only

Let's just hope for Saturday now and move on.

What Paul said. :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I checked the FIFA Rules on added time. On page 96 Rule 7 the ref instructs the 4th official how much time to add on BUT it is a minimum. The ref can decide to play longer.
It is amazing how many goals are scored every week after 90 minutes. I would still like to know how long the 2nd half lasted but I guess we are not going to be told.
The video will provide the answer.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

someone next to me was timing it,

i felt it was too long, but according to his watch it was bang on :-/
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i think the problem some have mentioned, and it was the opinion we formed at the time, was that we had already played about 3-4 minutes over the 45 by the time the board went up to indicate a further 4 minutes. and comparing the two halves, where stoppages in the first half only resulted in 2 mins added on, and a fairly interruption-free 2nd half resulted in 4 mins added. had the goal been awarded from the goalmouth scramble straight after the crewe goal, i'm sure we'd have all been happy the ref played too long !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

I thought the 4 mins was overcooked at the time but in the cold light of day it probably wasn’t.

We made 3 subs at 81, 85 and 87 mins. Professional clock using by Dinger? They made 2 subs at 37 and 66 mins.

As I understand it they add 30 secs per substitution and 30 secs for goal celebrations. So that makes 2 ½ second half mins + other stoppages.

Rene’s amble might well have accounted for another 30 secs. That is the risk you run for gamesmanship and it was probably a fair cop if so.

As for the result, it is history.

If my Aunty had bollocks she’d be my Uncle....
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

I am more concerned that your Uncle does have bollocks but prefers to be called Aunty LOL
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

You leave Aunty Dave out of this...
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

yellow wrote:You leave Aunty Dave out of this...

Southampton Gull - Have you seen what Yellow has just called you...???