Hereford United v Torquay United - 5/5/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

"Incredible story for Crawley" said on BBC. They spent lots of money and they got promoted.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

I trust our fans are being generous to Hereford and not singing, "Going down?"

Ah, well, Wembley again...

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
Mendipgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Mendipgull »

stevegull wrote:"Incredible story for Crawley" said on BBC. They spent lots of money and they got promoted.
Still wonder why Evans jumped ship, maybe he knows something the rest of us dont.
I grassed on Waller.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

it would have been well gutting if we had beaten crewe last week now!! :-/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Well done to our lads for a fantastic season (so far) and a gutsy performance at Hereford in a game it sounded as though we should have won.

No fears for the play-offs. We are a better team than Cheltenham and Crewe and so will go up by that route (the team just missing out in 4th place this time Southend very rarely goes up so they will be out of it in the play-off semi).

It's rarely boring being a Torquay fan and long may that continue (I certainly wouldn't want to go back to the mid-table 70's or the abysmal desperate 80's)

Wembley Scoreboard 27 May 2012 5.50pm: Torquay United 3 Crewe Alexandra 0 :keepie:
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Mendipgull wrote: Still wonder why Evans jumped ship, maybe he knows something the rest of us dont.
The bigger story is why Crawley wasn't too fussed by him leaving. I think Evans left because he was no longer going to be able to spend money like a drunken sailor on shore leave, and Crawley was happy to see the back of him because they realized that he was no good without a load of money.
TUST member 203
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

BEST CASE SCENARIO: Promoted via the play-offs;

WORST CASE SCENARIO: Our season of consolidation saw us finish a heady 5th in the table. What can be achieved when we push on from consolidation. Plus our a great fixture list involving Plymouth Argyle, Exeter City, and Bristol Rovers and a brand new stand to see us crowned champions for the first time since we came into the Football League in 1927.

Keep the smiles on your faces everybody :scarf:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

we should bombard the bbc with tweets and emails and hopefully by time FL show is on they'll have to concede that they bought their way up

what happened to that nice girl who used to read out letters?? i guess she was axed as part of the cuts?
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

id completely forgotten the fa cup final, how bad is it that its sandwiched in at the emd of the last days league fixtures

used to be the highlight of the season didnt it, rubbish, blame the premier league for that, devaluing all football

glad i'm tufc fan
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

stefano wrote:BEST CASE SCENARIO: Promoted via the play-offs;

WORST CASE SCENARIO: Our season of consolidation saw us finish a heady 5th in the table. What can be achieved when we push on from consolidation. Plus our a great fixture list involving Plymouth Argyle, Exeter City, and Bristol Rovers and a brand new stand to see us crowned champions for the first time since we came into the Football League in 1927.

Keep the smiles on your faces everybody :scarf:
next season we will stand no chance of getting anywhere near the top of the table i'm sorry to say

the argyles, bradfords, rovers, rotherhams of the league will not stand for another season of decay, will spend big and almost definately push us small fry out of the way

i'm one of lifes optimists, but also a reallist, and we need to take our chance in the playoffs or settle for mid table next time, no disgrace in that of course!!

now then, lets get the latest ticket fiasco thread started!! all ticket or not, cue loads of whining posts!!
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 05 May 2012, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
Mr_T1nker
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by Mr_T1nker »

bixieupnorth wrote: next season we will stand no chance of getting anywhere near the top of the table i'm sorry to say

the argyles, bradfords, rovers, rotherhams of the league will not stand for another season of decay, will spend big and almost definately push us small fry out of the way

i'm one of lifes optimists, but also a realist, and we need to take our chance in the playoffs or settle for mid table next time, no disgrace in that of course!!

no then, lets get the latest ticket fiasco thread started!! all ticket or not, cue loads of whining posts!!
Wasn't this the general consensus at the start of this season ??
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

bixieupnorth wrote: next season we will stand no chance of getting anywhere near the top of the table i'm sorry to say

i'm one of lifes optimists, but also a realist, and we need to take our chance in the playoffs or settle for mid table next time, no disgrace in that of course!!

no then, lets get the latest ticket fiasco thread started!! all ticket or not, cue loads of whining posts!!
We said that at the end of last season .
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

it was and as we've proved towards the end of this season, our small squad has possibly cost us promotion

we had a great chance to get out of this league and i just cant see that chance coming again next time round, i really hope i'm wrong

we should be experienced at the playoffs so hopefully it wont be of concern how big the teams are anyway!
still keeping the faith
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

bixieupnorth wrote:it was and as we've proved towards the end of this season, our small squad has possibly cost us promotion

we had a great chance to get out of this league and i just cant see that chance coming again next time round, i really hope i'm wrong

we should be experienced at the playoffs so hopefully it wont be of concern how big the teams are anyway!
Guess you need to change this then "still keeping the faith"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

its not about torquay that mate, its a musical thing!!

i'll always be a torquay fan whatever they throw at us, just a little depressed at a poor three point haul from final five games?

expect the worst and then you'll never be disappointed is the old quote isnt it?? only applies to my football, rest of my life is very positive
still keeping the faith