Damon Lathrope

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
loyalgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Damon Lathrope

Post by loyalgull »

Thought this deserved a thread of its own.

It has been reported by the BBC this morning that a deal to keep Lathrope at the club is "a done deal, without a shadow of a doubt." Cracking news in my opinion. I don't think Damon gets anywhere near enough praise and I honestly believe without him this season, there is no way we would have kept as many clean-sheets and therefore be in the hunt for automatic promotion. He covers so well when others are out of position and his passing is always simple and effective.

In terms of attacking, despite not scoring this season, he has actually had a number of great efforts in recent weeks. I remember Ling saying a couple of weeks ago that he or Oastler may score the goal that takes us up. Whilst I may not go that far, I do have a sneaky feeling he may grab a goal tomorrow. Couple of pounds on 21/1 first goalscorer anyone?

http://www.bet365.com/home/FlashGen4/WebConsoleApp.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17861082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

great news, unsung hero
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

He's become so much of an unsung hero that he is now the sung hero!!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

How he has changed my opinion of him this season. Well done to him and well done to Ling for playing him where he is best.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

yeah, great news. has been one of our most consistent players, and must surely be one of the first names on the team sheet now. Well done Damo. :-D
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I really wish we wouldn't announce things like this. It may be pessimism on my part but to me that just reads that he's out of contract soon and we have nothing in writing with him. We did it with Eunan earlier this season and it took ages to get ink on paper, then again with Ellis who never signed. I'm probably just still scarred by Jo Kuffour.

If we had Lathrope, Easton, Mansell and O'Kane here next season, then we'd have an excellent choice of midfielders, and crucially someone of quality to cover/rotate.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Martin Ling has gone with what he's been given (budget) this season. He won't be at the disadvantage of a late start to this season as he will be in the next. In the beginning of his reign, he put his fingers in pies and pulled out what was necessary for this season.

He's had his fingers in pies all this season with a view to the next one. Everyone in his plans for next season have been given extensions.

I don't know how he does it, but when his fingers leave the pies, he pulls a wabbit or two aht the 'at.

:clap: :bow: :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Next season should be a good one. Hopefully his budget can be improved a little, if only to bring in a couple quality squad players who can fight for first team positions and someone for the right (and maybe left) wing(s).

This season is starting to show why it's important to have good replacements for players so they can recover from injuries and fatigue properly and not have to carry on with knocks and pain killing injections. These reasons alone could turn our season from promising possible promotion to disappointment in the space of just a few games.

The answers are in the building, so let's make sure the building has lots of answers then!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

If the building has the budget we'll be fine ;-)
Dave

cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I'd be thoroughly disappointed if the building wasn't at least given a slight increase of it's budget next season, no matter which league we're in!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

And ain't it some building with the current building in progress towering over the rest of the building.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Gulliball wrote:I really wish we wouldn't announce things like this. It may be pessimism on my part but to me that just reads that he's out of contract soon and we have nothing in writing with him. We did it with Eunan earlier this season and it took ages to get ink on paper, then again with Ellis who never signed. I'm probably just still scarred by Jo Kuffour.

If we had Lathrope, Easton, Mansell and O'Kane here next season, then we'd have an excellent choice of midfielders, and crucially someone of quality to cover/rotate.
Have faith in the credibility of a gentleman's handshake agreement!!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

I dont trust gentlemans agreements with footballers.....bayo need I say more
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Won't be celebrating until it's official, but it would be excellent news. He's come into his own this year, partly down to his own hard work and partly down to the faith of Mr Ling.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele