Whatever happened to.........

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mysonjackg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Whatever happened to.........

Post by Mysonjackg »

the little welsh guy who used to whip the crowd up before games towards the end of last season.?

Haven't seem him this season and just wondered why? Personally thought it was a great idea, especially before the play off semi final last year where he had all sides of the ground involved. Surely something we should be doing again this time round - even on Saturday? :scarf:

Just remember the atmosphere from the Shrewsbury home game, which given we are missing one side of the ground this time around could do with being as loud as possible.

Thoughts?
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Rubbish idea!

How on earth do you expect the old farts on the popside to talk to each other if inconsiderate people are singing and shouting loudly.

I mean, whatever next? Flags? Goal music? Opera singers? You make me sick with your crazy talk.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Mysonjackg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Mysonjackg »

On reflection, I now understand.....

What a stupid idea! :Oops:

I'll go away and right my lines....... :red:
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Quite right!

Let's all turn Plainmoor into a library this Saturday. All together now. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

apparently he wanted paying and as he had started out just to help out on match days the club said no. so he left
A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by A J »

Roadrunner is correct from what I have heard before. It was Steve Laister. He turned up on 'The Hotel' if anyone watched it? He was trying to sell his mobile website company.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

That bloke was embarrassing, we nearly stopped going to the matches because of him. Anyone remember that cow and the free ice cream from last home match last season? Think it was against shrewsbury in the play-offs.
Mysonjackg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Mysonjackg »

I agree, that part was a bit cheesy. Not quite sure about the half-time entertainment... But, still reckon the before match warming up of the crowd was a great idea. Even if this guy is no longer on the scene, there must be someone who has the capability to try and whip the crowd up a bit. Although I only get to one or two away games, the atmosphere from the gulls supporters is always great and must be a help? At home, the support can be great when we are on top or chasing the game, but just imagine what it would be like if we could generate such an atmosphere from the start.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

It's GILBERT's job to get the crowd going.I notice that he's been AWOL a bit recently. This Gilbert is just about o.k. so far (much better than the last one), but when Shrewsbury came down earlier this season, bringing Lenny the Lion with them, it was clear that - in comparison - Gilbert's performances need freshening up a bit. Perhaps TUFC could finance a course for him at the well-known Mascot Academy.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Or at least get a few pointers from the guy who does (or at least, used to) Pilgrim Pete and Foxy for the Plymouth Raiders. He was awesome, used to do cartwheels all over the place as Foxy and didn't he win one of those mascot races one year?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

wivelgull wrote:It's GILBERT's job to get the crowd going.I notice that he's been AWOL a bit recently. This Gilbert is just about o.k. so far (much better than the last one), but when Shrewsbury came down earlier this season, bringing Lenny the Lion with them, it was clear that - in comparison - Gilbert's performances need freshening up a bit. Perhaps TUFC could finance a course for him at the well-known Mascot Academy.
I have to ask....what is it with you and the bird????
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Seeing the AFCW mascot in the stands during the game at Kingsmeadow helping with the atmosphere made me realise it's something Gilbert should help doing. Off topic but I went and saw the Harlem Globetrotters a while ago, and the mascot had a show of its own before the game and at half time, which really helped improve the crowd. Surely there has to be a way that Gilbert can be used more to create more of a matchday experience, rather than just walk around waving and giving out sweets?!