How do you think the season will end for us?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Promoted - Automatically
31%
Promoted - Play offs
7%
Defeated in Play Off Final
10%
Defeated in Play Off Semi
51%

Total votes: 67

stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Pretty self-explanatory. Where do you honestly think we will end up?
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
gulltastic
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: o'kane

Post by gulltastic »

bit of faith people. we are still right in it. if all the fans are so negative how do u think the lads on the pitch take that?
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

at least 5th place or better after 46 games
promoted after 49 games
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

Thought it would be interesting to guage opinion on our chances, and clearly people are not confident.
knh31667
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: dave caldwell

Post by knh31667 »

if we lose against crewe and crawley win its the playoffs,so would it be better to finish 5th so we possibly play cheltenham in the semi?
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

I still think we will go up automatically.. Ling knows what he is doing and like our result against Wimbledon shows, football is a funny game! I think we will win our next to games and I don't see crawley matching us, if they win all their remaining games then fair enough. But I still think we have a great shot at autos.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

In tears.

Whether they be of joy or despair no one knows..... :ping:
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by stevegull »

General consensus is the only way we'd go up is automatically with just two people backing us to win the play offs!! And the Swindon fans thought we were presuming promotion! Clearly we have some of the most pessimistic fans in the league at this stage. I doubt the Southend or Cheltenham fans are so uncertain of their ability to play in the play offs!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

My view is this, I think we'll be promoted automatically, but due to Crawley's failings rather than our success. I think we'll be all sat here at the end of the season wondering how on earth we did it.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

yellow wrote:In tears.

Whether they be of joy or despair no one knows..... :ping:

:clap: :bow: :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I'm still confident. I think we needed a shock to the system, Wimbledon was that. It'll stop us strolling through matches. If we take 6 points, and Crawley do aswell, then fair enough, I guess.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Voted for automatic promotion and hopeful it will happen.

What's been noted is the large percentage for defeat in any subsequent play-off semi final. :-/

The following reckoning is this, if we fail in the pursuit of automatic, we will have played recently against all our possible play-off rivals and them of playing against us.

Crewe (home) result at this time unknown.
Southend (home) 0-0
Oxford (away) 2-2
Cheltenham (away) 1-0 win to us
Gillingham (away) 2-0 defeat
Rotherham (away) 1-0 win to us

With the exception of Gillingham, I don't see anything too disastrous to warrant the negative vote, as long as we come back to form and every player performs to their full potential.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

My gut feeling is telling me the ship has sailed but who knows. Pressure does strange things to teams and it is literally do or die for Hereford as well in both their games so we'll see. We must win both games and I think we'd be extremely unlucky to get to 86 points (my magic number all along) and not win promotion.

Wouldn't fancy the playoffs just because we'd be hitting them with no momentum, more disappointment at missing out on the top 3 and our players are already walking wounded. It would be a massive effort to win another 3 games for promotion. Our best chance was if we drew Cheltenham who are sinking like a stone and then who knows with a one off game.

46 games is coming down to a 2 game shootout but whatever happens we've over achieved yet again this year, even more so than last season which was remarkable in itself. All credit to the staff and all the players.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

can you imagine how the lads would feel if they saw this?
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

The lads won't see this. They tell me they don't look at the forum. It's a recomendation from above which is sensible. I think they would be permenantly down in the dumps if they looked at how pessimistic we saw things and it doesn't do players any good to see themselves being slagged off in print.
That said I suppose I have to hold my hand up and say I voted a defeat in the semi's, two reasons mainly.
If I say win in final I bet it would put a hoodoo on it. Because you can bet your skidmarked pants we wouldn't.
If I say Mansell will get a hatrick you can bet your wife he would score an own goal. so I will go the opposite way.
Secondly If we miss the auto's I can see that we would find it hard to lift ourselves for the semi against a team that would be on the up. I think the players may well be gutted we missed. As Martin ling said earlier. It's a mental thing.
So here goes. We will get what we get and I will keep hoping upon hope. You never know. Funnier things could happen.
MAtt could suddenly wear Blue clothes and underpants and buy a pink car.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843