Torquay United v Crewe Alexandra - 28/4/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

Kernowgull wrote:What? We were superb today.
WHAT!!!!!!! how many misplaced passes and shots that were sent into nothingness do you need to see. RENE was awful danny stevens even worse had to say tho thought SAAH played well. And no not BRUcie just a realist without rose tinted spectacles. What game did you watch or are you crewe supporter in disguise.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Just realised Southend are now in the auto promo mix now playing Maccs with absolutely nothing to play for !!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I''d rather Crawley were playing anyone else instead of Accrington. They're experimenting with their side and have just conceeded five today. I can see us both winning next week which won't be enough for us. 3 points from the last 4 hasn't been anything like good enough to expect promotion.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

no words for how gutting that was

We barely let Crewe have a sniff up untill we scored and 20 mins afterwards.

Firstly it was NEVER a penalty, deserved save from Bobby

and their equaliser smacked of desperation and the ref had to hide his smile

The only disgrace was the officials
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Popside Joe
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Asa Hall

Post by Popside Joe »

We can't have been that bad. Crewe are one of the form teams in the division.
tufcfans
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan!

Post by tufcfans »

I must say I thought we were brilliant today. We got our passing back that we had lost for a few games and were passing it for fun at some times. I might even go as far as saying it was one of the best performances and games of the season and a brilliant last home game (hopefully). And you could see how every player wanted to win and hopefully they will be able to pick themselves up and beat the Hereford!
And what happened with the disallowed goal at the end?!
Torquay United Online Newspaper (Torquay United Fans Daily) http://www.paper.li/TUFCFANS/1309719474 and other online newspapers here: http://paper.li/~/publisher/674697#
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

yellowmonkey wrote: WHAT!!!!!!! how many misplaced passes and shots that were sent into nothingness do you need to see. RENE was awful danny stevens even worse had to say tho thought SAAH played well. And no not BRUcie just a realist without rose tinted spectacles. What game did you watch or are you crewe supporter in disguise.

Stand and face the corner until you thought about what you have said :slap:
Last edited by usagullmichigan on 28 Apr 2012, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Every one of our players put in a shift against a very good side. We played some incredible football at points, and the pitch was bobbling everywhere.

If you weren't entertained by that, I suggest you get a new hobby, as lower league football is not for you.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

yellowmonkey wrote: WHAT!!!!!!! how many misplaced passes and shots that were sent into nothingness do you need to see. RENE was awful danny stevens even worse had to say tho thought SAAH played well. And no not BRUcie just a realist without rose tinted spectacles. What game did you watch or are you crewe supporter in disguise.
Sorry mate, but I have also just got back. I completely and utterly disagree with your comments (except the bit about Saah), you must have been to a different game to me. I thought the lads gave a first class performance against a very talented Crewe side. How on earth can you say that Rene was awful, and Danny? Both had good games, Danny got a great goal, Rene won a lot of the ball and created several chances. Jeez, I think you need to reflect a bit mate. I am GUTTED that we didsn't win, we could and should have won, but Crewe were always dangerous. We more than matched them though, and if we have to play them in the play-offs then we have a decent chance.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

sod it off to pub!!!! to stand in corner
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

yellowmonkey wrote:sod it off to pub!!!! to stand in corner
Think you need to forget the pub and start spanking. :lol:
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Just got home myself and I thought we played well today, Crewe couldn't handle our passing game, the whole team stood up and were counted - each and every one, great penalty low and hard to corner but even greater save by Bobby! Gutted as the team were by conceding in the fourth minute of time added - where the ref got 4 from I don't know, whilst on the subject there were some very poor decisions by the officials today for both sides - they had a very poor game!
However, would we be supporting Torquay if it wasn't going down to the last minute of the last game of the season - just a shame it's not in our hands but regardless it has been a fantastic season - not at all what anyone was expecting!
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Absolutley gutted! I don't believe it, we could have been 2 points in front of Crawley! Instead we are level on points with them going into the final game of the season, unbelieveable.

We played very well today I thought, we passed it around nicely, Danny and Eunan were up for it. Rene Howe held the ball up very well and hardly ever mis placed a header. Saah was brilliant, so was Bobby and Morris with the rest playing pretty well too. The only player I thought had an off game was Lathrope, he never got it going today.

I celebrated 5 times today and we only scored once! Torquay's first goal, Hereford's 1st, 2nd and third and Bobby's penalty save. But then it was complete shock when they scored in the 90th minute, absolutley gutted!

Crewe are a good side and probably deserved a point in the end but I'm so peed off! It will be heartbreaking if we both win on Saturday and Creepy go up with GD.

Dunno what else to say now, bring on Hereford on Saturday and please, please, please do it United!!!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

I'm sorry but to concede a goal under the circumstances is not promotion material, where's the fight gone ! How many lifelines do you chuck away. If Crawley had won, it would have been all over by now. Hereford will be well up for a fight. Accy please do us a favour like last week and the week before and the week before etc etc
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I don't think the problem is Hereford, its the being behind Crawley bit. We must win, they must drop points.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"