Bristow's Bench seating plan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Bristow's Bench seating plan

Post by Trojan 67 »

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Ticke ... 11,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've had a quick tot up and it's 1746 seats, including 17 Press seats with tables. Add on the three seats in what I suppose is Police/Stewards box and Matchday announcers box and the total seats comes to 1749.

They fibbed then, they said it was 1750. ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Have I missed something or is it the case that all of the BB is available to home fans, with no area set aside dedicated to away fans? I would have thought the area with the letter 'T' on the seats was most likely to have been designated as AWAY fans only and yet it appears that home fans can choose a seat in that area if they want to? I guess I was thinking that this would be the case based on the Old Grandstand arrangement. Surely some away seating will be made available to away fans or do they feel that 1050 in the away end is sufficient allocation for travelling fans. I guess most times it will be, but even this year in L2 there have been a few occasions (Plymouth, Swindon, Bristol Rovers) when it sold out. Maybe it's just a case of the powers that be feeling that no segregation is required in the BB and any away fans that want to sit will be free to choose to sit where they want to in the Bench?
PaulR
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PaulR »

T and O sections are for the away fans only.
http://www.rockettrides.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

How common is it for new stands to have the seats out of sych going up, where the person that is sitting behind is inbetween you and the person next you looking over your shoulders rather than looking directly at your head?
I think this is a good idea especially for the tall and the small. Being tall i feel guilty when someone small is directly behind me with my head being directly in their view.
Also, the space between seats and leg room is greater than family stand and FL regs, it could be a very comfortable stand.
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

Can you honestly tell me that seat Y235 will be able to see the corner flag ?
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

PaulR wrote:T and O sections are for the away fans only.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up - mkaes total sense - it's just that I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere before.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

PaulR wrote:T and O sections are for the away fans only.
http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Ticke ... 11,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At the very top of the page where the photo of the Bench is superimposed on top of the whole width of the stand, at the bottom of block T is says away fans. Add on the 260 seats of block O to the 237 in block T and it's 497 seats for away fans. That to me is a fair allocation and in any case, the old grandstand before it's fire, never went all the way down to the Babbacombe End goal line. The two blocks of T and O probably matches up to the end part of the pre-demolished grandstand and as no home supporter has sat in that section/part of the ground previously, then it won't be missed.

In blocks R and U the bottom rows are highlighted in red which I'm supposing means seats at a lower level for wheelchairs/the disabled/people with mobility difficulties.

So, besides T and O, give us the R, r, r . . .
Give us the Q, q,q . . .
Give us the U, u, u . . .
Give us the A, a, a . . .
Give us the Y, y, y . . .

What have we got ?

(8) TORQUAY ! . . . :clap: :clap: :clap:

TORQUAY ! . . . :clap: :clap: :clap:

TORQUAY ! . . . :clap: :clap: :clap: (8)

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

6 seats for a group of us, towards the back of block Q right on the half way line......sorted!

Looking forward to the great view!

Some info for anyone else looking to be right on half way in "the bench" - the back 2 rows of block Q(above the press box area) are not being sold, they are apparently reserved for directors only.
....aka jmgull.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Does this mean the Directors area in the Family Stand is open for use?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

If we struggle in League 1 next season it will be nice to see O A Y all season from the popside lol
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

cambgull wrote:Does this mean the Directors area in the Family Stand is open for use?
No I don't think so, I think its just for those that don't like the view from behind that goal (can't blame 'em)

I wasn't quite right earlier, my ticket is in the 2nd row from the back of block Q, it seems that only the back row is reserved for Directors not the back two rows.
....aka jmgull.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

jocktheknife wrote: No I don't think so, I think its just for those that don't like the view from behind that goal (can't blame 'em)

I wasn't quite right earlier, my ticket is in the 2nd row from the back of block Q, it seems that only the back row is reserved for Directors not the back two rows.
Damn, I was hoping I'd be able to sit in the Director's box and spend the entire game doing my best Borat "King of the Castle" impressions.

For those that don't know...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Only if we don't go up. Bobby will need to borrow one for the Exeter game.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats