TROJAN LEARNS THE BELL SECRET

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bruciesbootcleaner

TROJAN LEARNS THE BELL SECRET

Post by bruciesbootcleaner »

it seems after a representations by a few irate gulls fans,
johnnie barlett, had an ultimatium from simon baker,
"your bell is no longer welcome he was told"
in a midnight phone call to "chez barlett" on friday night!
the contents of the message was relayed to trojan in great detail by johhnie barlett,
prior to saturday`s match!
poor old john was very despondant, & could nt understand anyone who objected to the ringing of the bell!
trojan did enquire of johnnie " what do u think about these people protested against his act of campanology"
his reply, unfortunatly is not repeatable on this forum!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Well it looks like a case of 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' then. In this case it tolls for nobody, the massed ranks of the yellow army have spoken and perhaps they doth protest too much?!

I'm not bothered either way about a bell, he can ring it if he wants. I'll be at the other end of the popside though to save my eardrums! Anyway, i'd rather listen to him ringing that bell than i would any song that makes the charts! :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

The bell is not the real issue to me - it’s the fact he verbally represents a racist and sexist bigot. His passion for the club is not in question but some of the things that he shouts out represent us as fans in a very poor light indeed.

A recent example is when he spent 90 minutes verbally bullying the linesman on the pop side for no other fact then he had ginger hair. Does he really think he would give any 50/50 calls our way after his onslaught??
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Does it every week. I had a laugh with the one on Saturday. Ref made yet another ropey call and a groan went up. I shouted down, "wish you were reffing this one, Lino. You're alright". It got a laugh from the supporters and, unusually, a small acknowledgement from the lino himself. **** ing mouth all mighty then pipes up with a spew of foul mouthed nonsense.

Matt.

Mod edit: Removed comment.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Saying that you wish someone dead throws you in the same boat as him. Awful comment to make.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Can ferrarilover's comment please be removed?
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Terrible thing to say, Matt.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

The secret to a perfect ring is a well polished bell end!

I guess Matt is volunteering to have a good rub on JB's bell then?
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

its a pity that some people who only been supporting torquay for only a few years,don't know the other side of his characters,was it john bartlett who in the 70s when the club was broke help to fund the club with money from his saving,yea! it was and he didn't even shout his mouth off that he did this... :-D
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

bruciesbootcleaner wrote:It seems after representations by a few irate gulls fans, Johnnie Bartlett had an ultimatum from Simon Baker, "your bell is no longer welcome" he was told, in a midnight phone call on friday night!
Yeah, he said something along the lines of "why the fook is the chairman phoning me up at home about my bell ?!".

I said the Harry Potter lookalike/owner of Argyle will be phoning you next saying your bell is banned from Home Park.

Johnnie stuck his beer breath face into mine and said he can go fark himself too !

:lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"