Tuesday Night Games

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Tuesday Night Games

Post by Awayday »

I for one are happy with the season thus far, play offs has exceeded my expectations (especially after the performance away at D&R nearer the begining of the season).

If we end up in the play offs then so be it, but I cannot believe the remainder of our season is dependant on 3 games on a Tuesday night.

I am not concerned about Swindon's game, the title is theirs.

We are all going to be hanging around the radio tonight waiting to see how Port Vale and Northampton get on. 2 weeks ago I would have said Crawley would beat Northampton quite easily, however how much has changed for them in 2 weeks. Steve "Man Eye Liner" Evans has left, they have something like 4 suspensions to deal with and they are playing a team who need a win from 4 to secure League football status next season. I have a feeling that the Cobblers could get a draw tonight.

Port Vale, drew against Morcambe on Saturday who are in a similar league position as Port Vale. Again I have Shrews down as a win, but would be happy if Port Vale could get at least a draw.

I think the point I was trying to make is I think Tuesday is the night Crawley drop points and we have a better idea where we are going into to our game at Wimbledon. I think if we are 3rd and going into Saturday we have a better chance of winning than if we are 4th and "needing" a win.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Anybody know who crawley still have missing?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

popside_yidlad wrote:Anybody know who crawley still have missing?
Mills,Torres and the lad who was sent off Saturday, the other 2 from the Bradford fight are availble for this game.
Formerly known as forevertufc
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

It is reasonable to expect Crawley to maybe draw or lose one of their remaining games at least but i am confident it won't be tomorrow night sadly. At the end of the day though we HAVE to win our three games and forget about what the others are doing. I honestly believe that 9 points from us will be enough to see us promoted and it is that simple. If Crawley cope with the pressure and win 4 out of 4 then they deserve to go up. (TWATS!). That said, i will be watching the events of tuesday night unfold with a sense of nervousness and hope.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Nice post paul, More than a few on here have been losing their heads some what this last week or so, I really don't get it, nor do I get how people can sit back and say Crawley's run-in is any easier than our's.

We have fantastic away fron home all season, from our last 6 away's we have won 4 drawn 1 and lost only to Swindon, we now face Wimbledon and Hereford away, 2 games not only should we be looking to win, their is no reason on current away form , that our team will do anything else but win these two games.

Then that leaves Crewe home, they have not been so hot of late, drawing 3 of thier last 4 games, and should Crewe fail to beat Cheltenham on Saturday their season could well be over, were at home another winnable game.

Forget Swindon, and Shrewsbury, they will finish 1st/2nd , it's a battle now for 3rd between us and Crawley, all we need is for Crawley to drop points Tuesday, and it's right in our hands, been saying for a few weeks now, Northampton are very much improved , and Dagenham are flying unbeaten in 7 now for them, and Crawley play both, this is not over by along chalk.

However if the team should fail and we end up in league 2 again next year, cast your mind back to when Lingy was appointed, and the likes off Ricey and McPhee were brought back as cover to players who were signed like Howe and Morris, and Stevens given a new contract, come on most of us thought we would do well to finish 18th, and we have atleast a play-off place, regardless of how this season ends, how can we all not be happy with whats been a great season, and could yet end being beyond our wildest dreams.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

I agree that 1st & 2nd are already decided. I had Swindon and Shrews at the begining of the season, with Oxford in 3rd. Until we played them I also had Bristol Rovers in the play offs along with Gillingham, Southend and Burton Albion. I never thought it would be us, Crawley and Cheltenham fighting for play off positions.

If we were to end up in the play offs I would hope we finish 4th and end up playing Oxford and Cheltenham. I think if we end up against Southend we will be in big trouble.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Screw Southend, they were absolute shite, it's Oxford I'm scared of.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Agree with Matt. I would prefer Cheltenham or Crewe ( if they usurp Oxford ) but would want to avoid Oxford if possible.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Awayday wrote: If we were to end up in the play offs I would hope we finish 4th and end up playing Oxford and Cheltenham. I think if we end up against Southend we will be in big trouble.
ferrarilover wrote:Screw Southend, they were absolute sh*t, it's Oxford I'm scared of.

Matt.
I'm not scared of anyone. Why should we be?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Lets put the playoff talk on hold until Saturday, worst case scenario on Saturday is we are 3pts behind Crawley, best case is we only need a point for auto promotion. COYY. If Wigan can beat Man Utd why cant Northampton do the same to Crawley
Lucy
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Wow, Lucy (I assume is your name?!), didn't realise that's our best case scenario. Now I would happily pay someone for that scenario to occur! That would be unbelievable. Come on Northampton & Daggers!!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

NickGull wrote:Wow, Lucy (I assume is your name?!), didn't realise that's our best case scenario. Now I would happily pay someone for that scenario to occur! That would be unbelievable. Come on Northampton & Daggers!!
I use my daughters name as my login for good luck. But as for the rest it could happen, you never know :scarf: :scarf:
Lucy
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

gullsflyinghigh wrote: I'm not scared of anyone. Why should we be?
Because they looked a bloody good side capable of tearing us to pieces at times. Southend on the other hand...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Yep, if Crawley lose to Northampton tonight and to Daggers on Saturday, then their maximum possible points for the season will be 83. If Torquay also win at Wimbledon Saturday, we will be on 83 points, needing one more point (hopefully at home against Crewe) to secure automatic promotion..
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

lucy6lucy wrote:Lets put the playoff talk on hold until Saturday, worst case scenario on Saturday is we are 3pts behind Crawley, best case is we only need a point for auto promotion. COYY. If Wigan can beat Man Utd why cant Northampton do the same to Crawley

See this is where you are going wrong. Let's talk play offs that way if we do win automatic promotion that is a massive bonus. I would rather be happy after Hereford that we are in play offs than disappointed that we didn't make automatic promotion.