Rene, the ball boy?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
londongull63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Rene, the ball boy?

Post by londongull63 »

Did we have any ball boys yesterday? Every time their full back wasted time taking his throws we had an injured Rene having to waste energy running to get the ball for him. As the full-back was waiting for the ball rather than time-wasting with it in his hands, he didn't have to fear a booking. Come a play-off game if we're chasing the game and the other team are working the line and every time they wasted up to a minute for each throw it could even end up vitally important.
You could argue that if we're leading it serves us, but I noticed at Oxford their ball boys rushed to give the ball back when they were losing and just sat on their arses when they were ahead which admittedly isn't very sportsmanlike but it's just part of home advantage that we should be utilising. (There's lots of "unsportsmanlike" little advantages like this I've heard about in ice hockey which I can't remember exactly but some are to do with there being 3 periods and the home team gets 2 attacking one end which is better because it's quicker for their subs, who aren't at the centre line, to get on)
If opposition do it to us, it's only fair for us to do the same
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

I do think our ball boys/girls need a little bit of a shake up.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

they probably didnt have their tickets and the over officious stewards would have denied them entry!
still keeping the faith
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

yes can someone at the club liven the ball boys up, they sit there and look like they are asleep, they should be off there feet as soon as the ball is out of play, its embarrasing.
A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by A J »

Can't we just employ Guy Madjo from Aldershot for the role? He was brilliant! :lol: