Away kit for 2012/2013 season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I have always felt that Vandanel have given us some decent shirts as well as some howlers. The yellow one with blue sleeves wasn't bad, although we had two poor seasons in it, so that rather clouds the memory.

I loved the last blue away kit. I felt it was one of our best ever and the two white away kits we had (one of which we have worn 3 times lately) were good shirts as well as last years home kit. The black away kit took some getting used to but i quite like it now.

Initially, I quite liked the home kit for this season but although I bought the shirt, I rarely wear it. The stupid The Gulls' logo on the back is a point of some embarrassment.

However, at least with Vandanel, what we get, that we would not get if we were with say, Nike or adidas, is a bespoke shirt that is designed specifically for us. If we were with Nike or adidias we would just get a yellow version of what everyone else with those companies have.

E.g. Southend with Nike, have the same kit as Dundee United, which is the same kit as Man Utd had about 4 years ago. Swindon with adidas have the same kit as WBA away. They are dull and uninspiring.

If there was someone better than Vandanel, who produce us a bespoke kit, then go for it but if not, I'd rather stay with them, than go to Nike/Adidas
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Gillingham have released their new Home and Away kits for next season, to go on sale in July. They're with Vandanel, so hopefully we'll have ours out in July too. Still misses most of the summer but after 3 years of not getting it on sale until after the season has started it would be an improvement.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

bixieupnorth wrote:can't understand why we're still sticking with that two bit company, so much better out there
I imagine it's pretty simple - economics. I bet that Vandanel offer a much better deal on the split of shirt sales than, say Nike or Adidas.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

happytorq wrote: I imagine it's pretty simple - economics. I bet that Vandanel offer a much better deal on the split of shirt sales than, say Nike or Adidas.
Definitely. When it's a cheaper deal a club like ours has to take it. I seem to remember a few years ago Argyle announced that Adidas would be providing their kit and look where they are now!! However, to try and link that to their downfall i guess is like saying they swapped blue pens for black pens at around the time they went tits up...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
gulltastic
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: o'kane

Post by gulltastic »

The new home kit was shown off on the last home game of last season. Diddnt see the new away kit anywhere yesterday though. Anyone els seen a glimps of it? Im itching to get a new TUFC shirt
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

gulltastic wrote:The new home kit was shown off on the last home game of last season. Diddnt see the new away kit anywhere yesterday though. Anyone els seen a glimps of it? Im itching to get a new TUFC shirt

nope, we are sticking with the same one :(
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

rachii12 wrote:
nope, we are sticking with the same one :(
Sorry - am I reading your post wrongly? Is there not a new away kit planned for next year?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

happytorq wrote: I imagine it's pretty simple - economics. I bet that Vandanel offer a much better deal on the split of shirt sales than, say Nike or Adidas.
wouldnt more people buy a better kit tho?? i think almost all of vandanels have been howlers, and as for the having a bespoke kit, ours are just variations on a few standard designs i think you'll find?
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

good sites here

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.footballkitnews.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

as for that gillingham kit, well excuse my language but that is f++king awful!! its for their centenary i see, glad its not ours quite yet!!

if we end up with one like that i shall be so embarrassed, that is the worst thing i've seen for a long while, and there have been some shockers recently, yak!

http://www.footballkitnews.com/4372/new ... -red-blue/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

bixieupnorth wrote:as for that gillingham kit, well excuse my language but that is f++king awful!! its for their centenary i see, glad its not ours quite yet!!

if we end up with one like that i shall be so embarrassed, that is the worst thing i've seen for a long while, and there have been some shockers recently, yak!

http://www.footballkitnews.com/4372/new ... -red-blue/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Agreed, looks like a rugby league or Aussi rules shirt.
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by popside_yidlad »

If you got rid of loose strong I actually like it. Then again I do play rugby league so could explain it. I certanly dont think its worse than the qpr away kit, all those salmon and mint coloured kits either
Rach
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Rach »

Richinns wrote: Sorry - am I reading your post wrongly? Is there not a new away kit planned for next year?

I read you wrong :lol: no apparently our away shirt is going to be blue, our home shirt is staying the same though
markygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by markygull »

swindon away looks nice - very boca juniors-like

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/s ... -one_15384" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Champions League Winners 4 years in a row 2033 - 2036 with TUFC on FM2010 :)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Hope we go for a nicy navy blue with some sort of yellow trim.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/