Any of US already celebrating promotion? i dint think so.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Any of US already celebrating promotion? i dint think so.

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

Strange this, any idea where on this site where we have said we're already up?

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthre ... -promotion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Strange indeed, Gazza, out of the Torquay fan's I have spoken, I have not heard a single fan say, we are already up, and where is thier a single post on here claiming we are already up, I can't see one.

However not worth getting them in a twist over to be honest.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I think we're incredibly pessimistic as a fanbase, seeing as we're 2nd in the league but not many of our fans think we're favourites for promotion.

Not to mention that that is an awful post - we haven't sold out the home ends for Southend or Crewe, we are limited to 600 tickets for Wimbledon and no-one has any idea how many Hereford tickets have gone already - so 0/5.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

if you read down their forum they are saying if they win all their games they've got a chance of pipping us and Crawley to 3rd place .. fair play they do have a chance while it's mathematically possible but they seem to always get ahead of themselves after a couple of wins or when Freddy Eastwood scores .. Baffles me
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Gazzableedsgull wrote:Strange this, any idea where on this site where we have said we're already up?

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthre ... -promotion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are however, guaranteed a play-off place. :nod:

Maybe they've read it wrong and misinterpreted the aforementioned.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

i like the bit where they are talking bollocks that we took 90+ away fans at their place i thought we had a away following of 229 that day
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

"Fair dues though at the below
All home ends sold out for Southend and Crewe games

1000 tickets sold for wimbledon away

already 60% of tickets sold for hereford away"

Everything he's posted there is WRONG! The home ends arent sold out for either game yet when I went in the club shop there was still seats avalible in the Family Stand.

No ones even mentioned the away end on here...

How can we sell 1,000 tickets for Wimbledon away when we only got 625?

And I doubt the 60% is right so far considering they only went on sale today...

Unless there already celebrating promotion on the other forum or one no one knows about then hes a clown trying to stir things up..
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

1000 tickets sold for wimbledon away

already 60% of tickets sold for hereford away"

Think they were takling about their games not ours here.... :)
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I am wondering what forum they are looking at, don't forget there is another Torquay Fans Forum..................
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

To be honest I wonder if they got that impression from the end of season party thats been organised. I can see how that could come across if you dont understand all our fans live in a state of nervousness when it comes to our beloved club
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thats a good point Yidlad, thinking about it, it may well be they have read about the end of season party and have missunderstood what thats about.
Formerly known as forevertufc
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

There's two posts on the party, both give one reason as 'We can celebrate promotion', although one adds 'fingers crossed'. I guess our wishful thinking is seen from outside as arrogance!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Only a fool would think we are already up. No denying that it has been a fantastic effort but I still think we are just going to come up short. We have a small squad and are carrying quite a few knocks. It seems that Howe is three quarters crocked according to Ling.
With all the other contenders having bigger squads than us we are not going to go up via the play offs thats for sure.
So its automatic or nothing I fear.
Its a massive game on Saturday and if we beat Southend we still have a great chance.
Having watched Southend play Crawley on the box a few weeks back I thought they were poor.
Lets hope the refs decisions go our way for a change.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I honestly think that Crawley are going to implode. Yeah, I know that they have lost that fat idiot (ok, pot, kettle and black spring to mind, I know!!), but they have also lost several first team players and are really looking short of players now....they have a bigger squad than us, I appreciate that, but I think they will struggle in the next couple of games. Lets hope that by the time their suspended first teamers come back in, that they will be a few points short of the autos.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:Only a fool would think we are already up. No denying that it has been a fantastic effort but I still think we are just going to come up short. We have a small squad and are carrying quite a few knocks. It seems that Howe is three quarters crocked according to Ling.
With all the other contenders having bigger squads than us we are not going to go up via the play offs thats for sure.
So its automatic or nothing I fear.
Its a massive game on Saturday and if we beat Southend we still have a great chance.
Having watched Southend play Crawley on the box a few weeks back I thought they were poor.
Lets hope the refs decisions go our way for a change.
Have to agree with this - especially the fantastic effort part. We look tired as a team and most have played many more minutes than those around us. You cannot question the spirit and effort but the worry is the tiredness and heavy legs will overtake this. We have a chance and should be very proud of that but would say Crawley and Shrewsbury have a bigger chance than us. Whatever happens it has been a fantastic season and leaves in a very strong position to start next year in - regardless of the league we are in.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/