Any of US already celebrating promotion? i dint think so.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Blimey. I find myself agreeing with everything Brucie says!

Looking forward to tomorrow. Every game is like a playoff final now, so we all need to dig in and make as much noise as possible.

I don't think anyone is in any doubt as to the size of the task ahead, but we are within sight of the finish line. One last effort.

COYY!!!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I am going to disagree, but not out of spite. Shrews are a threat and I think will end up 2nd anyway. Crawley on the other hand have had a few distractions in the past fortnight. They have a number of red cards to deal with, along with a new management style, which of course will bring in new tactics. As Torquay proved in the last 10 minutes of the Oxford game, the players know is at stake, and they will dig in when they have to. Yes we are going to have tiredness creeping in, but we have had the same size squad since the first year in the BSP and we have made it to the play offs every season since (this is now 4th time).

Our only difference this year is Ling actually knows who to look for and how to buy players, where as Buckle had 2 or 3 people around him doing it for him.

We are not celebrating promotion but we should be celebrating another successful season for Torquay. We have 12 precious points to play for until the end of the season and 6 of those points will be against teams also fighting for play off spots.

As for Brucies point about automatic promotion is our only chance..... rubbish absolute rubbish. Whilst we still have a game to play we have every chance of getting promoted this season as any team in the top 7 places.

May I remind you of Chesterfield v Swindon........... I think all of us had Swindon down as a certain win and Chesterfield (who I believe on paper were the under dogs) snatched the win from them.
oldpedant
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldpedant »

forevertufc wrote:Strange indeed, Gazza, out of the Torquay fan's I have spoken, I have not heard a single fan say, we are already up, and where is thier a single post on here claiming we are already up, I can't see one.

However not worth getting them in a twist over to be honest.
Maybe the post on 'Promotion T-shirts' could be considered as implying we wre already up.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

oldpedant wrote: Maybe the post on 'Promotion T-shirts' could be considered as implying we wre already up.
Very true, however if you look at the number of new threads, and the massive number of new posts on this forum every day, how many have actually suggested we have promotion already in the bag. hardly if any.

I would suggest the Southend fan who wrote this, has picked up on the odd post and has mistakenly believed that us Torquay fan's as a whole believe we are already up, which could not be further from the truth, I would say the majority on here still belive we will fall short.
Formerly known as forevertufc