CONGRATULATIONS TUFC!!!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

(8) "Congratulations . . .

And Celebrations" . . .
(8)

Thanks for that Cliff. :clap:

But we're slightly ahead of the game at the moment and hope to be celebrating more than qualifying for a play-off spot. :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Just in case.....

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/KeyDates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dates for the diary!!!!
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

Awayday wrote:Just in case.....

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/KeyDates" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dates for the diary!!!!
I'll keep May 19th 2013 clear just in case we don't automatically go up next season... :)
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Incredible acheivement so far, my head is working out all possible scenario's. I always say its better to have the points in the bag, and we do. I feel our destiny for auto's will be 80% decided come 9.40pm next Tuesday. Shrews have 2 testing matches, whilst as mentioned Crawley have some local derbies. Lets not be downbeat, we are 2nd and like most fans getting 4pts from Easter would probably have been taken prior to the 2 matches. As for the final match I would prefer Hereford rather than Accie, all is not lost but we do need 3pts on Saturday I think to reallly put the pressure for the Tuesday matches.
Lucy
Loggerheads
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Loggerheads »

I can see Shrews, Crawley and Torquay all dropping points in their next fixtures.

However on my wish list is a scenario where we (Shrews) win against Rotherham and Vale, Torquay draw with Southend, and Crawley draw at least one of their next 2 games. We would be 4 points clear of Torquay and Crawley with 3 games to go!
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

To know that we have secured a play-off spot is a massive achievement for us and Martin and the boys have done an excellent job to get us in the promotion mix.

For me we have to win our remaining two home games if we stand any chance of finishing in the top 3. Beat Southend and Crewe and I can't see us not finishing up there. I don't buy that one team has a tougher run in than the other. We have four tough fixtures coming up. AFC Wimbledon will no doubt want to gain revenge after we trounced them at Plainmoor earlier this season. I just hope Hereford are down by the time the last day of the season arrives, otherwise I can see it all hinging on the last day. Us needing points to go up and them needing points to stay up.

I will be slightly disappointed if we don't go up automatically but I won't be too downhearted if we have to settle for play-offs. Honestly, this season has surpassed my expectations and Martin Ling and the players should take huge pride that we're in this position right now.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Hate to be down beat but great we are in play-offs which means nothing yet. It is purely a second opportunity if we slip out of autos. I am only pessimistic cos last year I had tracked back through season and was sure we would do it. We need all the support we can muster for the last two home games and hope by end of crewe game we are still there. Lets all drag someone there to add to our vocal support and hope we can shout them over the line
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Loggerheads wrote:I can see Shrews, Crawley and Torquay all dropping points in their next fixtures.

However on my wish list is a scenario where we (Shrews) win against Rotherham and Vale, Torquay draw with Southend, and Crawley draw at least one of their next 2 games. We would be 4 points clear of Torquay and Crawley with 3 games to go!
As long as we (Torquay) finish above Crawley I would be happy !!!!!!!!!!!
Loggerheads
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Loggerheads »

Loggerheads wrote:I can see Shrews, Crawley and Torquay all dropping points in their next fixtures.

Part 1 accomplished, move onto home match v P Vale on Tuesday, win that and we could be promotesd at Accy next saturday :)
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Always expected Shrewsbury to overtake us eventually, they deserve to go up. Just hope that we go up with them!
Loggerheads
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Loggerheads »

I hope you do as well, would be nice to keep our annual visit to Torquay even though the results have not gone for us for a few years. I think and hope the top 3 stay as they are.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I have no special love for Shrewsbury (other than all the points they've given us recently ;-) ), but since it's two from three and its Shrews, us and Cheaty, I can only root for the Salop.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"