Best/Worst case scenario come Wimbledon away

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Best/Worst case scenario come Wimbledon away

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

now this topic is for those that like to anticipate what might happen without knowing what will happen.

i'll start with the Best case scenario.

This coming weekend we play Southend, if we get 3 points we will be 9 points above Southend with 3 games left, surely that leaves it to 2 from 3 for the autos, we will have 82 points. if Shrewsbury (who play at home to Rotherham) and Creepy (at home to Wimbledon) drop points, potentially on Saturday evening we will be 6 points above Creepy and 4 points above Shrews, providing they both lose. which is unlikely but not impossible. This then bring us to Tuesday and the games in Hand that Shrews and Crawley have, Shrews play Port Vale (another Home game) and Crawley play a resurgent Northampton side. Even if the both win we could still be 3 points ahead of Crawley and 1 ahead of Shrews with the same amount of games played.. happy days.

Worst case scenario, We lose to Southend, and Shrews and Crawley Win, meaning Southend will be 3 points behind us and Crawley will be above us in 3rd on GD and Shrews will be 2 points ahead. if they both win again Tuesday then potentially we will be 5 points behind Shrews and 3 behind Crawley. Southend play a week on Friday at home to Barnet, so if they win that we can drop down to 5th by the time we play Wimbledon away. This could affect us psychologically also.

Now i know its ifs and buts but i think we have to prepare (as fans not as a club) that the Play offs may be the more realistic option and not to get all disappointed if we miss out. personally i think Shrews will finish second, there home form is amazing and considering their next 2 are at home i cant see them losing! you never know! but Crawley however could drop points although not this weekend against Wimbledon i think but i think Northampton will cause them trouble on Tuesday. before today i said we need to match Crawley's results, now we have to better what they do.

Just thought i'd post more out of interest than saying we wont go up Automatically, long way to go and i believe we will go up in the Autos i just think it will be on the last day.
Last edited by Gazzableedsgull on 10 Apr 2012, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

You've certainly covered a lot of bases there Gaz but i'm afraid i don't share your optimism for promotion mate. The noticable aspect for me in recent weeks is how poorly we have been playing but we have been getting away with murder luck wise. Yes we are getting the job done just about and hanging on in there and arguably at this stage of the season that is what it is all about; however, i just feel that we should be more assertive in the games we have left, more aggressive and offensive instead of sitting back and trying to hit teams on the break with one up top. In our last five games we have been mostly appalling AND lucky and if our luck runs out and we continue to play poorly then we will get found out by teams like Southend and Crewe especially. I do believe Tai's goal today could be the catalyst for a final push from the lads especially having been down to 10 men and a goal down but we need to start dominating games again and not keep inviting pressure on ourselves and defending a slender lead.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

The way I see it is as I have all along. We wont know whats realistic for us until everyones played the same amount of games as that will be a true reflection of the league so far. I personally think we HAVE to be four or five points clear of Crawley and/or Shrewsbury before they play there games in hand as I cant see either dropping points before the end of the season looking at there run in. So unless the form book goes against what it should we'll face the Playoffs.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular

For once i'm praying that we get help from other teams, the run ins that the others have are better than ours, i know people say there are no easy games and i'd rather have points on the table as well but the other teams will be relishing the chance to go above us now.
I feel points are only good on the table if they are 3 points because while that draw keeps us second, the chances of staying there are quite slim now. I know people are against the play-offs again but its another 2 or 3 games on tele and another day at Wembley and not that scum Old Trafford. i'm at that stage now where i'm waiting for Saturday to come around and it is taking forever!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!! cant believe its only been 6 and half hours since we last played :lol:
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

love your enthusiasm gaz, i'm the same mate. I can't wait for saturday.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

With all the games left to play, it is going to end :

1. Swindon (edited)
2. Shrewsbury
3. Southend
4. Crawley
5. Torquay
6. Cheltenham
7. Oxford

Oxford will beat Crawley in the play offs, we will hammer Cheltenham for an Oxford v TUFC final at Wembley.

TUFC to win 2-0 Mansell & Howe.

Any questions?
Last edited by Awayday on 10 Apr 2012, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

southend 1st and 3rd ?? That's some effort by them 8/
Brady

I Wish I Was There
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I hadn't even noticed that!

Awayday, you make it sound so easy, I really wish it was. But 5th? I'd hope we end up above Southend at least.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

1. Swindon
2. Shrewsbury
3. Southend
4. Crawley
5. Torquay
6. Cheltenham
7. Oxford

At least with those teams if we finish 4 or 5 the playoffs are travellable (?) and the away leg is a weekend game
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Have you factored in Creepys possible points deduction for brawl / salary cap / being shite ????
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

Forest gull wrote:Have you factored in Creepys possible points deduction for brawl / salary cap / being sh*t ????
They won't get a points deduction, otherwise they would have had one years ago for exceeding weight restrictions on the M23
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular

Rumours are that Evans didnt just leave because of Family reasons but Crawley have breached the salary cap and are being deducted points. just rumours though so you know.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I will be disappointed and gutted if we don't go up automatically, 1) because we are 2nd ATM and 2) I don't think I can take another play off! However I will try not to get too dishearten if we do finish in the play off's, as to be fair, that is a remarkable finish in its self this year!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Its more than likely that it will be the playoffs now especially with injuries and suspensions coming in. We only ever use Atieno/Rowe-Turner/Jarvis from the bench so not much choice where Oxford the other day had Rendell and Constable on the bench........ :-/

Howe hasnt trained for a couple of weeks and doubt will do for the rest of the season, cannot afford for him to get injured or sent off otherwise we will really be in the brown stuff.

Plenty of rumours coming out of Crawley and the only one that could cause them trouble is the overspend on their players. Did hear one coming from Rotherham yesterday that the local council may not allow the new stadium to open, apparently there is a lot of extra concreting required around the technical area 8/
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i cant see any points being deducted, FA havent got the bottle unless its financial problems then they're only too keen to whack ten or 15 points off

i'm certain, as my attempts at the dreaded BBC predictor have been telling you all for weeks that its playoffs, and a loss in those playoffs that is our destiny this season

truly gutting i know, hope i'm wrong as i usually am

can the OP please amend the spelling mistake in the title?
still keeping the faith