Buckle Taking Credit for Torquay success this season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Buckle Taking Credit for Torquay success this season

Post by hector »

Listening to his interview and while he acknowledges Martin Ling has done well, we are doing well because of what he left behind...everything was in place he says. Well it wasn't after he ransacked our squad and coaching staff.

He appears to have learnt very little from his Bristol Rovers episode. Still as arrogant as ever.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yeah of course Bucks. You signed Saah, Howe, Atieno, Morris, Olejnik and Bodin / Jarvis didn't you. Prick.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

And of course Buckle knew all along that Manse was not a right back, and Oastler was...DOH :slap:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Don't get this thread; it's old stuff.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that these over-emotional, thoughtless and over-the-top, even inaccurate, anti-Buckle diatribes say more about the posters than about the man himself, and have long since become repetitive and boring, if not downright offensive.

Time to move on..
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Am now tending to agree with you, Scorer. Was funny while he was at Rovers, but all a bit old hat now. He left a year ago, he's with a club not presently, nor likely to be in our division any time soon, shall we just forget him and move on?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

We are all going to die one day...lighten up.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

its just harmless fun to be fair, i like to know what Buckle's up to! It provides me with warmth and comfort to know that we are in a better position now than 12 months ago :)
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Any chance to insult the little weasel is a chance not to be missed.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Every new manager inherits something from his predecesor (spelt wrong probably) so whats his point??? Buckle will find this out at Luton won't he. They will be lucky to make the Blue Square play offs anyway so he will have to start again next season.
Oblivion!!!!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Gullscorer wrote:Don't get this thread; it's old stuff.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that these over-emotional, thoughtless and over-the-top, even inaccurate, anti-Buckle diatribes say more about the posters than about the man himself, and have long since become repetitive and boring, if not downright offensive.

Time to move on..

I think when there is someone publicly taking the credit for our success this season and saying this only yesterday, then it is relevant and interesting to a lot of Torquay fans. Why is it over-emotional and thoughtless? It is simply reporting what he said. Don't be so pompous and ridiculous. 'downright offensive'. Simply stupid thing to say.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Got to agree with Hector here. The only post that is over-the-top on this thread Gullscorer, is yours. If Buckle publicly mentions TUFC we have every right to discuss it here. However, I have no interest in what he does at Luton whatsoever. He got his comeuppance at Rovers and so I'm done with the bloke.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

We can have a pop at the Buck when he is in the press saying he has laid down the foundations for Torquay. He must be talking about his house.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I'm sorry, did I miss something here? Is this not the interview he gave to BBC Radio Devon a week or two ago? If not, please point me in the right direction. What interview? Where?

If it is indeed the same interview I listened to last week, then what Buckle said in that interview was the plain truth (and I'm paraphrasing here) that the squad he left behind (and discounting those who left the club with him last year) contained some promising quality players whom Martin Ling has since developed with the new players Ling brought in to bring them to their current position. Buckle fully praised Ling's acheivements and took no credit at all for himself away from Ling for those.

If Buckle has said as much in a new interview then I stand to be corrected, but if it's the same one, then what he actually said bore absolutely no relation to the way you heard it, which could only have been coloured by your own jaundiced prejudiced attitudes.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Gullscorer wrote:I'm sorry, did I miss something here? Is this not the interview he gave to BBC Radio Devon a week or two ago? If not, please point me in the right direction. What interview? Where?

If it is indeed the same interview I listened to last week, then what Buckle said in that interview was the plain truth (and I'm paraphrasing here) that the squad he left behind (and discounting those who left the club with him last year) contained some promising quality players whom Martin Ling has since developed with the new players Ling brought in to bring them to their current position. Buckle fully praised Ling's acheivements and took no credit at all for himself away from Ling for those.

If Buckle has said as much in a new interview then I stand to be corrected, but if it's the same one, then what he actually said bore absolutely no relation to the way you heard it, which could only have been coloured by your own jaundiced prejudiced attitudes.
Read the thread. I said it was from his interview yesterday. It may have escaped your notice but he started a new job at Luton yesterday and he gave a press conference, you know, like managers often do when they are appointed to a new job. Perhaps you were too busy pontificating to notice.