All ticket games

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jaxx_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Jaxx_Gull »

Ace mate, I take it you're staying overnight and not travelling back same day? that would be hellish!
LOVE.LIFE.LIVE.TUFC.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

ferrarilover wrote:Again, Scottish, you're just making a fuss. Give the club reception a call and buy your tickets over the phone. Pick them up on the day. No need to get all dramatic and drive down 'with or without a ticket.' Why are people so desperate to bash the club?

Gullintwoplaces, only the first half refers to your previous post, that may not be clear, sorry. Your previous post seemed to be having a go at plod for rearranging games, which you seemed to disagree with. My counter argument is that they do it for the good of the majority who have no desire to have their day ruined by idiots who seem to think that football means drinking contest, then football. Not your whim so much, but it was funnier to put that.

Matt.
Just have a look at the attached link and you will see what I mean. This person (An Assistant Chief Constable, god help us) thinks that clubs, which must include ALL clubs, I guess, should pay for the cost of policing a wide area around the grounds. So if a small club is unfortunate to draw Millwall at home in the FA Cup it would actually cost the club MORE than thet would take on the gate!! This is the thinking of the police leaders, and they will break football if this goes ahead. It is so, so wrong to punish innocent clubs for the fact that some other teams (Millwall, Cardiff, Leeds) have neanderthal fans. The only solution would be to eject the Millwalls, Leeds's and Cardiffs from league football if this goes ahead.

All these berks want to do is ameliorate the impact of public spending cuts by passing the effect onto others, in this case footballl teams. What next, make the residents of dodgy estates pay for the cost of policing their resident burglars?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17660363
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Just got my three tickets. Phone lines very busy. COYY
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Here we go again - we could not fill the home end on a good friday so its difficult to see us selling out against Southend or Crewe.
Went to the Accrington game, four of us were going to the Southend match but probably won't bother now.

It also apears that the local "Gestapo" stewards have invented a new rule for the Accrington game. Outside the popside entrance you are not now allowed to walk along a public road.
There is a queue on the pavement by the turnstiles so the stewards were stood in a line a foot or two in the road.
Apparently you have to walk between the queueing fans and the one foot gap between the edge of the pavement and the stewards.
It seems this is necessary to stop yourself getting killed by the stream of 70 mph speeding cars along that road.

I was wandering along the road approaching the turnstiles so thought I was doing the obvious thing by walking around the outside of the steward in the road.
As I did so I was met with "Get on the pavement" - I ignored him and as I attempted to walk around him He actually moved out and blocked my way.
I asked him what he was doing and under what power he was obstructing my passage along a highway. He didn't have a clue what to do next and said "get run over then".
That would have been some task as there wasn't a motor vehicle in sight.

These numbnuts make it a pleasure to attend Plainmoor, all of them should be sacked.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

secured my tickets for crewe this morning. quite relieved about that as i booked my hotel months ago !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

brucie wrote:Here we go again - we could not fill the home end on a good friday so its difficult to see us selling out against Southend or Crewe.
Went to the Accrington game, four of us were going to the Southend match but probably won't bother now.

It also apears that the local "Gestapo" stewards have invented a new rule for the Accrington game. Outside the popside entrance you are not now allowed to walk along a public road.
There is a queue on the pavement by the turnstiles so the stewards were stood in a line a foot or two in the road.
Apparently you have to walk between the queueing fans and the one foot gap between the edge of the pavement and the stewards.
It seems this is necessary to stop yourself getting killed by the stream of 70 mph speeding cars along that road.

I was wandering along the road approaching the turnstiles so thought I was doing the obvious thing by walking around the outside of the steward in the road.
As I did so I was met with "Get on the pavement" - I ignored him and as I attempted to walk around him He actually moved out and blocked my way.
I asked him what he was doing and under what power he was obstructing my passage along a highway. He didn't have a clue what to do next and said "get run over then".
That would have been some task as there wasn't a motor vehicle in sight.

These numbnuts make it a pleasure to attend Plainmoor, all of them should be sacked.
Brucie does actually make a point here. I experienced a similar scenario, stepped off the pavement for a couple of seconds to see what was going on, whether there was a seperate queue for season ticket holders. Was then forced to get back on the pavement straight away. As Brucie says its not exactly a busy road! And no steward is bothered after the game when the majority of people are walking along the middle of the road.. Common sense does not always seem to prevail with our stewards...

As for the attendance at this game, I still think this all ticket business will put off the casual fan - like it did with the Shrews play off game last season- but we'll have to wait and see.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

Still Can't get through me. Frustrating that when we announce all ticket games we seem to have one phone! Is this the case or do we have 4/5 phones being answered? Always thought the club should take online orders and payments for games that are over a week in advance, plenty of time for someone to sort through the Emails and then send the tickets out via P&P. Aww well I'll just waste my afternoon sitting by the phone all day like I did for the OT tickets last year. 3 days I wasted trying to get tickets :lol:
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Ticke ... 34,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Call Back Service introduced to increase chances of getting a ticket. Good move by the club.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

AlexGulls wrote:http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Ticke ... 34,00.html

Call Back Service introduced to increase chances of getting a ticket. Good move by the club.
I have just used it for my Hereford tickets.... you get an automated reply, hope it works :)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

On my only visit to Plainmoor this season a bloke near me was told off for taking photographs during the game! Is this club policy because if so its backwards. I'd never been to Plainmoor before the Port Vale game i went to last month and wanted to take some but couldn't. If it isn't club policy and i get reprimanded for taking photos at the Crewe game then i', going to tell them to f**k off!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

Some clubs dont like it some dont seem bothered...I think before the game its alright but not allowed during the game for a reason I cant remember..
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

brucie wrote: It also apears that the local "Gestapo" stewards have invented a new rule for the Accrington game. Outside the popside entrance you are not now allowed to walk along a public road.

I asked him what he was doing and under what power he was obstructing my passage along a highway. He didn't have a clue what to do next.

My experience on Good Friday went like this . . . I rounded the corner on the Boots & Laces side at 14:45 to be confronted by a four deep queue back to the bowling centre. As I did and do, I walked straight past the enormous queue. Half way up, the first steward said, "Where you going?" Without breaking my stride I said, "The Buccaneer, Babbacombe."

Got level with the turnstiles and the second steward said, "The start of the queue is back there." Without breaking my stride I said, "I know."

Then I did a swift right turn and headed for the under 16s entrance. I said to the turnstile operator, "Adult season ticket holders are ok through this one, aren't they ?"

"No problem," he said.

:nod:

The reason I don't queue anymore is because the last time I was in a queue for something, I didn't get what I wanted as the best were all gone.

Aye, I ended up with a chipolata size dick instead of a foot long chopper.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

"Trojan 67 wrote:
Then I did a swift right turn and headed for the under 16s entrance. I said to the turnstile operator, "Adult season ticket holders are ok through this one, aren't they ?"

:red: Naughty boy Trojan, naughty step for you again I'm afraid
I hate smart ass queue jumpers, just because you have to be surgically detached from your pint glass before the game doesn't give you the right to ignore the age old English tradition of queuing like the rest of us sheep
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

lexusguy wrote:"Trojan 67 wrote:

:red: Naughty boy Trojan, naughty step for you again I'm afraid
I hate smart ass queue jumpers, just because you have to be surgically detached from your pint glass before the game doesn't give you the right to ignore the age old English tradition of queuing like the rest of us sheep

Admit it. Your just jelous of his genius... :whistle:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

lexusguy wrote:
:red: Naughty boy Trojan, naughty step for you again.

You are havin' a laugh ! The difficult bit was not getting past the queue outside, it was trying to push through to my favourite perch on the Pop (farthest back naughty step).

I'm disappointed with you Lexus, not only you but also Bartlett and Jenks. I thought you were my mates, but after doing the easy bit to get in, you all failed miserably to reserve my pride of place.

And who keeps throwing torn to little bits 50/50 tickets into me 'oodie ? :@
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"