Individual Player Chants

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

manchestergulls wrote:always though mansell would fit this song (suarez for liverpool)

when he scores a volley or
when he scores a head
i just cant get enough, i just cant get enough,

he scores a goal and plainmoor goes wild,
and i just cant seem to get enough of,

dadadadadadadadada lee lee mansell,
dadadadadadadadada lee lee mansell.

That's quite good, but it would need another verse at the start something like: His name is Lee Mansell and he plays in the midfield, I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
manchestergulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by manchestergulls »

not a player chant more a team (take me home)

take me home the torquay road,
take me home, take me home,
to the place where i belong,
down at plainmoor, to see united,
take me home the torquay road...............(repeated)
http://www.facebook/manchestergulls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
follow me on twitter @manchestergull
take me home to place where i belong, down at plainmoor to see united, take me home the torquay road.........
londongull63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by londongull63 »

For anyone who wasn't at Barnet, it wasn't a new chant but when Ian Morris came on as sub he got a rousing "There's only one Ian Morris" to show support when he came on and ran straight to the touchline where our fans were and gave them a clap back.
He also played well and made a difference and we started attacking a bit more. And when he was scythed down by the last defender, the Barnet guy was possibly lucky not to get a red card. I think he got yellow because they were both going for the same ball but Morris got there first and the defender made a desperate lunge and took Morris's legs. If Morris was through and dribbling with the ball and the same foul came in it would probably have been a red.
But then again they would argue Bobby should have got a red before their penalty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The New York Yankees fans have a thing now where they chant a players name until he acknowledges them. They go through the batting order (just like in cricket, the players all bat and they go in a specific sequence, but not necessarily from 1-10 in talent order) and, as far as I know, simply chant the players name, rather than anything else, until that player waves. They do this when they are all out fielding, rather than as they come up to bat. Some players live it and milk the chanting for a while, others don't like it so much and just raise a hand straight away.
Maybe something we could adopt (more stringently than we do now)? Go from Bobby at the back, on to right back, centre halves, left back, then the midfield, same order, then Rene Howe? Or do it numerically. Shouldn't be too hard, since we always put out the same starting XI, so there's not too much to go wrong.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Excellent idea Matt.
A variation on this could be..

If you're wearing number 7, wave your hand - lee mansell
If you're wearing number 7, wave your hand - lee mansell
If you're wearing number 7,If you're wearing number 7, If you're wearing number 7, wave your hand - lee mansell :scarf:

and so on :whistle: (8) (8)

If you're wearing number 16, wave your hand – Chris McPhee
If you're wearing number 16, wave your hand - Chris McPhee
If you're wearing number 16,If you're wearing number 16, If you're wearing number 16, wave your hand - Chris McPhee

If you're wearing number 10, wave your hand – Eunan O’Kane
If you're wearing number 10, wave your hand - Eunan O’Kane
If you're wearing number 10,If you're wearing number 10, If you're wearing number 10, wave your hand - Eunan O’Kane

Now, this is where it gets less elegant

If you're wearing number 1, wave your hand – Bobby O
If you're wearing number 1, wave your hand – Bobby O
If you're wearing number 1,If you're wearing number 1, If you're wearing number 1, wave your hand – Bobby O

Enough of that!

What was the chant for Michael Poke - guessing it was a variation on the Hokey Cokey?
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

(8) He's slow :O he's fat :O

He's our first choice left back :nod:

Our Nico, our Nico . . . . . . (8) :clap: :bow: :clap:

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:He's drunk, He's pissed
He's very Rarely kissed
Trojan, Trojan....
Edited for truth and accuracy
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

if you're still looking for something more for LRT, what about the "ryan gigs, ryan gigs, running down the wing........." song to the tune of robin hood. just replace "ryan gigs" with "LRT".
Brady

I Wish I Was There
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Not an individual player chant but i would find it amusing if we sang this to the tune of Rhiannas 'we found love'.

'We've got 3 points in a hopeless place, we've got 3 points in a hope-less place' IF we're winning or if we arae drawing just change the we've for we'll'.

good for when we play at grim outposts instead of 'so and so's a shit hole, i wanna go home'. We could also sing 'we've scored goal in a hopeless place when we score.

Apologies if this suggestion is either already in use in some form or if it is shite.

Finally can i just say that in normal circumstances i wouldn't be seen dead singing a Rhianna song or even admitting to knowing who Rhianna is as i'm a metalhead but as it would be incredibly difficult to create a Torquay song in German ala Rammstein then i'll take one for the team as it were and sing it. Just don't tell Cambgull Luke though as he thinks i know decent music! :whistle:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He also thinks you're gay ;-)

Do you keep cats? :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I'm not gay but i've got 4 cats. I also live and work at an animal shelter so in theory i've got 60 dogs, 20 cats, 16 rabbits, 10 guinea pigs, an assortment of domesticated poultry and farm animals, a handful of rodents, 12 ferrets, a couple of snakes and a plecostomus which somebody didn't want. Can't understand why, they're lovely things :Z .

Being with animals is the the best feeling , that's why i love standing with you lot at away games so much. :na:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

You've just lost 25 billion man points now Andy, which puts you around 24,999,999,990 into the negative. Rhianna... disappointing.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"