Individual Player Chants

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Individual Player Chants

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I know we have a few chants for our players which are sung when they come out onto the field of play and at other times during a game. At away games especially, the players seem to enjoy the recognition and applaud the fans. We've got 'Rene Howe Super Rene Howe naa naa naa naa naa naa naa naa naa naa naa', we've got ' Nicholson, Nicholson', we've got Lee Lee Lee Mansell, we've got, 'der der der der Danny Stevens', we've got, Saah, Saah will tear you apart again' and we've got,'Eunan, Eunan'.

It is making me very upset that not every player gets this recognition in terms of a chant or song :'( and i feel all 11 players that step out onto the pitch at kick off should have a song/chant sung from Bobby right through to Rene. I think Damon has one but i'm not sure. Surely it is time that we all got our heads together and came up with the goods for all the lads? Any chants about any players welcomed...............................................................
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

You know what, I was just thinking about the same sort of thing. You can always tell when we're doing well as all the players have an individual song. The last time I remember us like this was the 03-04 promotion season, where i think only Craig Taylor didn't have his own song (although Brian McGlincheys and Arjan van Heusdens were effectively the same).

By my reckoning only Lathrope and Morris of the regular starters don't have individual songs of note. Both seem to get the "theres only one ........", which to be fair is traditionally Mark Ellis'.

Perhaps it would get a good response if we were able to come up with something clearly individual for Morris. Obviously Ling and Manse were aware of him getting some abuse, so if we can really gee him up at Barnet it might give all the lads a bit of a lift.

It's got to be demoralising for Lathrope and Morris that even McPhee and LRT have more individual songs for them, and there was even more Billy Kee singing at Burton than there was for Morris and Lathrope!
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

To the tune of "heartbeat". Lathrope, I would scared if you tried to tackle me, de de de de, de de de de de, de de de de, de de de Damon lathrope, defensive lynchpin in midfield for Torquay, de de de etc.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

I made up a Danny Stevens one about 2 years ago and some idiot took credit for it as soon as i moved back to Leeds :lol: anyway! it goes to the tune of Liverpool's old Torres song and Southampton's Ricky Lambert song .. He Stands at only 4ft3 Danny Danny, He'll take us to the Premier League Danny Danny! He gets the ball, He takes the piss, he hasn't grown since he was 6, Danny Stevens Torquay's goal machine! Na na na na na na na na na na etc .. And one for Damon could be "Damon Lathrope is a Football genius .. clap clap clap clap clap clap" etc

I posted this on the "Yellow Army" part of the forum about a month ago but not sure if people saw it .. however i think this could be a decent club anthem for us?

how about this ..WHEN I WAS A YOUNG BOY MY FATHER SAID TO ME LISTEN ERE MY SON YOUR T U F C! HERE, WE ARE, YOU'LL KNOW US BY OUR NOISE, PRIDE OF SOUTH DEVON THE FAMOUS TORQUAY BOYS!! OOOOOAAAHH OOOOOOOAAAH OOOOOOOAAAHH OH!!! .. just after a minute in its good. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Gazzableedsgull on 26 Mar 2012, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Racking my brains now. I've got on for Bobby if anyone is interested. To the tune of Whigfields' 'Saturday Night' dance classic.

Saturday's here and he's gonna make a save, it's Olejnik
He's big and he's strong , looks like he lives in a cave, it's Olejnik.

Got one brewing for Tai now........................
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

Naaa Na, nanananaaaaaaaaa, nanananaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Taiwoooooooooooo, Naaa Na, nanananaaaaaaaaaaa, nanananaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Taiwoooooooo
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

To the tune of Wham's 'Wake me up before you go go'.

Wake me up, it's Atieno
Give him the ball and he'll score a goal so
Wake me up, it's Atieno
Keep him scoring all night!!!!!!

( obviously more relevant at night matches but you get the general idea!)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

To the tune of Billy Joel's Uptown Girl

Joe Oastler, he's a superduper Torquay defender, that's what he is......whoaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. Joe Oastler, he's a superduper Torquay defender, that's what he is.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

F**k me i'm on fire!! Must stay off the curry :lol:

In the words of Jimmy Cricket..........there's more!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

austrianandygull wrote:F**k me i'm on fire!! Must stay off the curry :lol:

In the words of Jimmy Cricket..........there's more!

god help us............................. :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

How about Hockers' old tune for Damon Lathrope?

You don't, wanna **** with Damon, cos Damon, will **** kill you!

Wonder what the swear filter will think of that!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Only trying to make an effort SNW so leave me alone :'( :red:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

austrianandygull wrote:Only trying to make an effort SNW so leave me alone :'( :red:

as i said andy............ 8/ =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by tattooedjackass »

I really hope you can pull out a great song for Morris and make him feel better and show him we do appreciate what he does!
My Life To Live!
COYY
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: okane

Post by tufc4life1 »

We've got one for damon sang it Saturday

super damon lathrope he wears a magic hat
and when he signed for torquay he said I'm having that
he wouldn't sign for norwich or swindon coz their shite
instead he signed for torquay coz there fu***ng dynamite!!!

That's his song and it worked well when we all sang it,

As for bobby he's got one
BOBBY OLEJKNIK dududududu BOBBY OLEJNIK,

Ian morris hasn't but was thinking along the lines of the song ballotelli's got,

Oooooh Ian morris he's our winger he's fu***ng class
he'll shoot at every chance and he'll dribble 40 yards
he's better than ronaldo and he's better than kaka
oooooh Ian morris

;-) if someone could find link to the baletelli song people would know the tune :)