Lunch with Lingy/ yellow army singers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Lunch with Lingy/ yellow army singers

Post by Dave »

I will try to keep this brief, was in no10's today when Martin Ling came in to answer some questions , keep it to just a few points.

Firstly Martin Ling said he was offered backing to sign players, Lingy said it was his decision alone not to go out and sign any players, his reason for that was along the lines of,the squad had done it's job and he felt bringing any one in now could harm things.

Martin Ling also confirmed he did try to bring back Billy Bodin, and confirmed what we pretty much know, Swindon rejected our offer due to seeing us as a major threat, Lingy said he recomended Bodin to walsall and that is were he thought Bodin was going.

Mark Ellis was covered aswell, Martin Ling said something along the lines , that contract talks have been stopped due to him not wanting any talks effecting Mark Eliis's performance levels, Martin Ling did say, that Mark Ellis has given him and the board an indication that he does love the area and the club and would like to stay at the club, their is but to this of course he also said that Mark wants to make sure that staying with us is right for him due to footballing and alos his soon to be wife, but Lingy does expect Mark to still be with us next season, however if he should leave as we know a compensation fee is due.

Right on to the singers, please can you stay in the middle, what a difference to the atmosphere today, I was sat in the family stand today, not only could you be clearly hear from the family stand, they were joining in with the yellow army chants, and clapping along to the we love you chant, I think because you were closer, also the section down by the family stand on the popside were joining in aswell, coments were made by people from the club in the gulls nest, who thought things had gone a little quite of late, however thought the atmosphere was much better today.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Yes, I thought the atmosphere was much better today on the back of a greater concentration of the singers and drum.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
loyalgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by loyalgull »

Must agree with the atmosphere. It was so much better today. I get to lots of away games and am always shocked by the contrast in vocal support at home vs away. However, today was brilliant. I sit in the family stand and sing my heart out on away days. Today, the whole crowd were involved. When the 'singers' are by the away end, the noise is lost. Today, everyone could join in and it made a real difference. Please please please, stay as you were today. It encouraged everyone to join in and I really think it can affect the outcome of games.
gulltastic
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: o'kane

Post by gulltastic »

Me and my brother moved to the middle for the first time usualy at witchever end we're shooting and will be staying its great to have evryone singing
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

First time at Plainmoor today so i have no experience of what the noise levels were like when the singers were down the bottom end but i was stood down the bottom end today near the away end and the noise didn't carry very well as i kept thinking to myself the atmoshphere isn't great. This may be the case when the singers go down the bottom end and those stood in the middle / other end of the pop can't hear much and so think the singers aren't making much noise when in fact they are. It must be an acoustics thing but i suppose it is better for all the noise to be generated in the middle of the stand so it can disperse evenly giving most fans a chance to hear it and maybe join in.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by tattooedjackass »

Today's game was great (not the first half though lol) the atmosphere was outstanding and I would without a shadow of a doubt say that was due to the singers being in the middle, I was pretty much in the singers area and I loved every minute of it, well done everyone it really does help not only getting the fans involved but he players too I'm sure of it!
My Life To Live!
COYY
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: okane

Post by tufc4life1 »

I'm one of those singers who went down the end with our group however yesterday we decided to go back to middle for a game see what atmosphere was like,
as it was so good WE ARE STAYING IN MIDDLE from now on :)