Mark Ellis Contract

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

AlexGulls wrote:We may aswell close the forum if were not allowed to talk about rumours. Eventually they are either proven right or wrong. Its what a forums for at the end of the day. No ones trying to harm anyone by mentioning it.
"We may aswell close the forum" Oh please talk some sense! Forums aren`t all about rumours, there about discussion and support! Or should forums be all about fictitious non-sense? If this rumour is of any value as a rumour then why isn`t it in the rumour room?
Also harm can be done without trying very hard, a bit of forethought wouldn`t go a miss sometimes i.e. `if I type "........." and it isn`t true how would that effect who it was about?` Consideration for whom you are talking about might be looked upon as a good virtue, or you could phrase it in such a way that it is considerate instead of just passing on crap!
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Southampton Gull wrote:Aussie, we've been down this road before. If members want to pass on a rumour they've heard then that's fine by those that run this forum and also by most of the people that enjoy reading them. If you come on here quoting a conversation you've had with Mark Ellis or even his Father there is a small chance they don't want the fans knowing their business and maybe weren't quite truthful with your good self. This might be entirely bollox also but you have your views and Tauntongull has his.

What we don't want on here is you shouting him down and generally insulting him. This isn't the other place, on here we like to allow people to say their piece. Disagree by all means but there are people that know a little more than an assistant groundman (apologies if that isn't your job description) would know, even allowing for the fact that you occasionally speak to the players.

After saying all that, it's just my own opinion on what has been written on this thread and is in no way any kind of unfriendly post from an Admin ;-)
I apologise if I have insulted Tauntongull, that was not my intention, correcting a crock of bollox was my intention! Why do we have a rumour room if it doesn`t get used for this kind of shit? Then everyone would be clear that what ever is typed is probably not worth reading! Might not offend as much!
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

NickGull wrote:How do we know they weren't having you on though?! :P
How do I know who wasn`t having who on?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Seeing that this is the hot topic of the minute, I'll chirp in with my whisper . . .

Women gossip . . .

. . . men have intelligent conversation. :lol:

Maybe this should have been posted on the rumours thread. ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Aussie wrote: I apologise if I have insulted Tauntongull, that was not my intention, correcting a crock of bollox was my intention! Why do we have a rumour room if it doesn`t get used for this kind of sh*t? Then everyone would be clear that what ever is typed is probably not worth reading! Might not offend as much!

If you read the OP it wasn't a rumours thread. It was a post that questioned details of Mark Ellis signing and a small section of it contained something the Poster had heard. If it was soley based on a rumour then one of us would have moved it.

If it wasn't worth reading as you suggest, how come you've posted so frequently on a thread full of shit? ;-)
Dave

cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Aussie wrote: "We may aswell close the forum" Oh please talk some sense! Forums aren`t all about rumours, there about discussion and support! Or should forums be all about fictitious non-sense? If this rumour is of any value as a rumour then why isn`t it in the rumour room?
Also harm can be done without trying very hard, a bit of forethought wouldn`t go a miss sometimes i.e. `if I type "........." and it isn`t true how would that effect who it was about?` Consideration for whom you are talking about might be looked upon as a good virtue, or you could phrase it in such a way that it is considerate instead of just passing on crap!
Aussie, as much as he said "We may aswell close the forum" in a fairly sarcastic/ridiculous way, he's actually got a vague point. The whole point of a forum is to allow free speech about any subject (apart from illegal ones) and this is one about Torquay United. We are allowed to talk about any matters TUFC, this includes rumours that we have heard and there is a free right to say this. If a rumour was stated as fact (which this one isn't) then it can become the subject of a Libel suit and any posts I believe would legally have to be removed.

If you take away the ability to talk about rumours and solely talk about fact, then you might as well look at the media for that. Feel free to try the websites below for that:-

http://www.torquayunited.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe the BBC especially has comments boxes where you can discuss the facts :na:

That was obviously sarcastic but in it's very basic form, it's about free speech of which the Internet and your local pub are one of the few places you can ever do that anymore, and considering there aren't any Torquay fans in my local pub, I fully intend to carry on talking about rumours on here!
Last edited by cambgull on 26 Mar 2012, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Southampton Gull wrote:
If you read the OP it wasn't a rumours thread. It was a post that questioned details of Mark Ellis signing and a small section of it contained something the Poster had heard. If it was soley based on a rumour then one of us would have moved it.

If it wasn't worth reading as you suggest, how come you've posted so frequently on a thread full of sh*t? ;-)
It was always a rumour, right from the start and I`ve only been responding to questions asked so folk understand this isn`t gospel! Come on mate remain neutral. You must be able to see my perspective on this. I mean if Tauntongull has heard something from someone and this person isn`t bonifide then it must be rumour, therefore the whole thread should be in the rumour room. Feel free to correct me, if it was in the rumour room it would take on a whole new angle!
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

cambgull wrote:
O.k then answer this " Why the **** hell do we have a **** rumour room? " :O
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Aussie wrote:O.k then answer this " Why the **** hell do we have a **** rumour room? " :O
Because it's for rumours that are the entire point of the thread, such as "I've heard that John Smith is going to sign for us this week", not for legit topics which then have rumours posted within them.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

cambgull wrote: Because it's for rumours that are the entire point of the thread, such as "I've heard that John Smith is going to sign for us this week", not for legit topics which then have rumours posted within them.
You couldn`t recognise legit if it jumped up a bitch slapped you! Or was that your aunties, sisters, uncles, mum that you shared your pasty with you, shit did I say pasty I meant .............! Now that`s a rumour! Can this threrad please be put where the **** it belongs? And it ain`t the rumour room! :red:
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Isn't the weather marvellous for the time of year?
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

yellow wrote:Isn't the weather marvellous for the time of year?
The weather is awesome and that ain`t no rumour! I like your tact there mate, lets just drop it due to the fact that it is now completely pointless, couldn`t agree more! Wait a minute, I`ve said that before somewhere! o:)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Calm down Aussie, go for a walk around the block, chill out.

The above is not a rumour, it's an observation of what's been happening here and the remedy. You'll come back refreshed and calm and then hopefully feel f*ck*d after the exercise so will crash out without any further comment. ;-)
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

The thread is fine here Aussie - I would suggest that if it is causing you that much distress that you stop looking at it.

Currently you are the only person who has informed any of the Admin team that it "offends" you.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Trojan 67 wrote:Calm down Aussie, go for a walk around the block, chill out.

The above is not a rumour, it's an observation of what's been happening here and the remedy. You'll come back refreshed and calm and then hopefully feel f*ck*d after the exercise so will crash out without any further comment. ;-)
Can I have my own naughty step please? Don`t have to walk as far then!