At Last!! Hallelujah!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

At Last!! Hallelujah!!

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

After nearly 7 years of supporting the Gulls and after a few near misses i am finally, FINALLY going to Plainmoor for the very first time ( for an actual match - i've been before a few times but only en-route on holiday ). Saturday's game against the Vale will give me my first taste of a Plainmoor matchday. There are reasons why i haven't made it to Plainmoor yet and i maybe could and should have been there already but thats the way it is although i'm a bit embarrassed having supported them for so long and not been.

Anyway, hopefully i'll be forgiven and be greeted on the popside with open arms. I'm making a weekend of it, driving down in the battered Picasso and staying in a guest house in Babbacombe. If i may trouble the TQ1 based yellow army for some advice then it would be most appreciated. Firstly, not knowing in intimate detail the layout of Plainmoor my decision on where to stand / sit kind of relies on what you guys say. Those that have met me know i like to sing, wave a scarf about and have the odd bizarre rant and with that in mind would it be more appropriate for me to go and stand on the popside? I am led to believe that the popside is an area of terracing along one side of the ground and it is where all the singers and banter goes. If i'm wrong then please put me right. Is the popside down the side of the ground that Boots and Laces is on or on the other side?

Secondly, is the ground walkable from the main road in babbacombe and if so how long will it take me to get to Plainmoor?

Thirdly, is there anything around the ground such as shops, pubs, bookies?

Fourthly, how much is it to get in the popside and can i just pay on the gate?

Finally, it would be great to meet up with some of you guys before the game, i'll be on my own and probably a bit intimidated out of my comfort zone but it would be good to meet some of you at last and maybe you can save a space for me on the terrace?! I'm pretty much just a normal everyday northerner with austrian tattoos! :-D

Cheers anyway and i hope to see you all soon and i can't wait!!! Roll on saturday!!!!! :scarf:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Yeah, yeah, heard it all before (coming down this way for the Argyle away match and couldn't get out of the stained wank pit early enough). :lol:

See you in Boots & Laces Saturday. :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:lol:

I'll never live that down!

If i go in B&L how the effin hell will i know who anybody is?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

Plenty of shops in Plainmoor, theirs a William Hill on the main road, you can pay on the gate for the Pop, go through the turnstiles, walk past the Burger bar, up the steps turn left and then on the first steps on your left is where the singers are. Plus the lino down that side gets an earful so you will be encouraged to have a rant :lol: as for the walk from Babbacombe, i dont know pal.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Cheers Gazza. Hopefully i might see you at Oxford mate if you're going? I'm going with a Barnsley fan mate i think if he's up for it. Can't get to Barnet so Oxford is my next away game.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular

Depends on the train prices to be honest, i love going to Oxford, we have a pretty decent record there and it will be a crucial game. I really should of learned to drive instead of pissing my money up the wall with Beers, Holidays, Girlfriend, non Girlfriends ;-) and Egg chasing. i'll enquire about the trains now.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

austrianandygull wrote::lol:

I'll never live that down!

If i go in B&L how the effin hell will i know who anybody is?

Wear a short sleeved shirt and we'll know who YOU are.

Tha'll be reet easy ta spot cock. :lol:

Will be bringing ma mate from Leeds ta game so wha I donnt see, tha mate will hear. :clap:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Never been to the Kassam so it'l be a first. I tried egg chasing, i used to play for the school but only because i was quick. We used to play teams from Cas, Wakey and Ponty - i didn't know how to tackle and didn't even know the rules! My first tackle got me a bust nose! Happy days.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Trojan 67 wrote:
Wear a short sleeved shirt and we'll know who YOU are.

Tha'll be reet easy ta spot c**k. :lol:
Will be bringing ma mate from Leeds ta game so wha I donnt see, tha mate will hear. :clap:

ENOUGH OF THE YORKSHIRE PISS TEK TROJ! :lol:

I suppose wearing a short sleeved t-shirt will do the trick mate, i'll try it. That and standing on my own in a corner like i'm on my own at a nightclub might also be a dead giveaway!
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular

austrianandygull wrote:Never been to the Kassam so it'l be a first. I tried egg chasing, i used to play for the school but only because i was quick. We used to play teams from Cas, Wakey and Ponty - i didn't know how to tackle and didn't even know the rules! My first tackle got me a bust nose! Happy days.
I was in Wakey at 8 this morning doing some removal work, The town is really on the way up! Trinity walk is fantastic :lol: and the train for Oxford from Leeds at the moment is £88 return, so i imagine for you it'll be about 70 (ish).
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Jaxx_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Jaxx_Gull »

Walk from Babbacombe to Plainmoor will be about 10 minutes tops.
There's shops and a bookies a 2 minute walk from the ground and as for pubs Boots and Laces of course! There are a few more around there if you dare haha.
Pay on the gate for popside not sure how much it will be for you (I always pay concession price, being a student and all that!)
As Gaz said half way line-ish at the back of the terrace is where the singing and banter happens although some of the yellowarmy youths have started standing closer to the away end.
The popside is the same side as B&L so you can have a pint at HT if you wish.
Absolutely Gutted I won't be there :(
but will be at Southend and Crewe at home and hopefully Hereford away :)
LOVE.LIFE.LIVE.TUFC.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Cheers Jaxx. Most helpful.
Jaxx_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Jaxx_Gull »

having grew up on Marnham Road (stones throw from B&L) for 17 years I know the area from the back of my hand, eyes closed :)
LOVE.LIFE.LIVE.TUFC.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

austrianandygull wrote:After nearly 7 years of supporting the Gulls and after a few near misses i am finally, FINALLY going to Plainmoor for the very first time ( for an actual match - i've been before a few times but only en-route on holiday ). Saturday's game against the Vale will give me my first taste of a Plainmoor matchday. There are reasons why i haven't made it to Plainmoor yet and i maybe could and should have been there already but thats the way it is although i'm a bit embarrassed having supported them for so long and not been.

Anyway, hopefully i'll be forgiven and be greeted on the popside with open arms. I'm making a weekend of it, driving down in the battered Picasso and staying in a guest house in Babbacombe. If i may trouble the TQ1 based yellow army for some advice then it would be most appreciated. Firstly, not knowing in intimate detail the layout of Plainmoor my decision on where to stand / sit kind of relies on what you guys say. Those that have met me know i like to sing, wave a scarf about and have the odd bizarre rant and with that in mind would it be more appropriate for me to go and stand on the popside? I am led to believe that the popside is an area of terracing along one side of the ground and it is where all the singers and banter goes. If i'm wrong then please put me right. Is the popside down the side of the ground that Boots and Laces is on or on the other side?

Secondly, is the ground walkable from the main road in babbacombe and if so how long will it take me to get to Plainmoor?

Thirdly, is there anything around the ground such as shops, pubs, bookies?

Fourthly, how much is it to get in the popside and can i just pay on the gate?

Finally, it would be great to meet up with some of you guys before the game, i'll be on my own and probably a bit intimidated out of my comfort zone but it would be good to meet some of you at last and maybe you can save a space for me on the terrace?! I'm pretty much just a normal everyday northerner with austrian tattoos! :-D

Cheers anyway and i hope to see you all soon and i can't wait!!! Roll on saturday!!!!! :scarf:
Get tha' A ta' Z aht, then use in conjunction with street view and tha' will be al' reet c*ck. ;-)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Now you're talking my language flower! :-D