swindon town v torquay united - 20/3/2012

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Come on Rovers FFS !!!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Dutchgull wrote:God Steve Breed is so bloody annoying !!! He's critical of Lingys tactics....Yeah right... who is the manager and who is waffling crap on the radio !! Compare our budget to Swindons ! DURRR
hes a great co comm and a great servant to us fans

just waiting for bradford goal to muck up my one remaining acc tonight
still keeping the faith
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be fair to Steve Breed all he said, we may have got our tatics wrong, he also said we are playing off a third of thier budget, and we are losing to Swindon's class, so not a lot wrong to be honest.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Dave Thomas anyday. Steve is best at running coaches.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well result is pretty much what I thoguht it may be before the game, I thought after the weekend results that a defeat here would not be a disater, Swindon away, out of the way, and we are still 2 nd.
Formerly known as forevertufc
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

oh well, game over, disappointing only in the method of the goals conceded, back to the training ground tomorrow to work on set pieces

staying second by looks of it, only 8 games left, its still largely in our hands??

night all
still keeping the faith
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Hey ho. Swindon are a good team so not overly disappointed. Lets just hope that normal service is resumed on Saturday.
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by tattooedjackass »

Gutted! Hopefully the lads will let rip this weekend against Port Vale and keep us near the top!
My Life To Live!
COYY
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:oh well, game over, disappointing only in the method of the goals conceded, back to the training ground tomorrow to work on set pieces

staying second by looks of it, only 8 games left, its still largely in our hands??

night all

it is bix - and get to bed! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Damaged limitations. We are 2nd in the league still. 8 games to go. Whats the problem with that. No disgrace tonight. COYY
Lucy
Jaxx_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Jaxx_Gull »

that's why they're top of the league, gutted :( respect for the travelling Gulls
still a very good chance of automatic though with the upcoming games.TUFC TIL I DIE. No Fear
plymuff out of the bottom 2
LOVE.LIFE.LIVE.TUFC.
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

Although looking at the teams around us.. games in hand etc.. We just have maintain focus and worry about ourselves, and take each game as it comes. Roll on saturday!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

oh well. not a good day at the office. But it was swidnod and we didnt expect to win but hoped. Nothing gained Nothing lost. Enough points to still be in the automatic places. Provided we start another winning run again we have no problems. and I think we still look strong. We can't win every one. We will win most. 6 out of 9 is a good haul.
. not too disapointed with our journey. at least we are not Leeds, Bristol City. Excretia, Pluymuff fans lol. Back to bed and rid of this sore throat and chesty virus. Hopefully to rise and cheer us on again.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Beaten by the better side tonight. Gave it half a go for the first 15mins but then wilted badly. Today we looked like a team who had played 3 away games in a week. Lots of sloppy passes, silly mistakes and second to pretty much everything. Maybe if we'd played this game at the start of the run we'd have had more of a go. Slightly Worrying that we didn't really have a plan b after we went behind. Rather like the Gillingham game earlier in the season.

Results didnt go 100% for us, but we're still second. Pressure still on Shrewsbury and Crawley to maximise their games in hand. We've got our worst fixture out of the way now, 8 winnable games left so it's still ours to lose.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Frustrating to concede from two set pieces - thought we might get something when I heard they were playing Connell and Benson up front.
Very frustrating commentary though. Well done Radio Devon providing die hard Swindon fan Prick Morgan as commentator and congratulations to Steve Breed for spending all match licking Morgans ring piece.
Yes Swindon are brilliant Torquay are crap blah blah blah - pair of tossers.