Panorama FIFA Corruption - Thoughts?

General chat about anything else goes here.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Re: Panorama FIFA Corruption - Thoughts?

Post by Awayday »

Even in the vote isn't corrupt, the fact you have 22 individuals making the choice on behalf of their respective FIFA establishments beggers belief. Surely each contry should visit each establishment (EUFA for example) and a set number of people from EUFA should give that bid a score. The scores are then averaged or added up to give a total score for that country from EUFA. Once all the establishments have seen all the countries then the total scores are calculated and the winning bids should be announced.

If you do it that way you automatically generate an audit trail. So if the average score from EUFA for Qatar was 10 but someone decides to give 20 or 3, then you will then have the chance to single out that scorer and question his or her integrity.

Either way it's Russia and Qatar, nothing is going to change that now, and whether the BBC were to blame or not we will never ever know. To be honest the BBC has gone down in my expectations, I thought they were bigger than the usual tabloid press, but it goes to show it's all about the money, therefore making the BBC just as bad as those suspected of corruption within FIFA.

Just to add a final point, I am not massively keen on our International team any way. Yes I want them to do well, but I would rather see Torquay beat Exeter 1-0 on a wet and cold winters night, than see England win the World Cup on telly.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I thought it was good.

People can blame it all they want, but all it is is the truth. Fifa, and Blatter are pathetic. Its so corrupt, yet Blatter doesn't care.

It's totally wrong, and makes me glad that at the level Torquay are at, we never really need to be associated with the tossers in that organisation.