Mansell

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Mansell

Post by Richinns »

2011 - 2012 Season
38 games / 12 goals
A goal every 3.2 games

Torquay Career (before this season)
191 games / 7 goals
A goal every 27.3 games

Buckle - you are correct - he is a right back!!

Phenomenal effort from the Captain.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Mad stats they are!! Just goes to show, a proper football manager playing his players in their proper footballing positions gets results!!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

He is a man-machine. A complete beast, keep it up Captain Marvell!

Now we just need a goalscoring right winger and we'll be beating teams 2-0 and 3-1... crazy scorelines like those!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

To be fair before joining us he had 8 in 47 for Luton (5.9 per game) and 1 in 44 for Oxford. It wasn't just Buckle who couldn't get the best out of him.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

PhilGull wrote:To be fair before joining us he had 8 in 47 for Luton (5.9 per game) and 1 in 44 for Oxford. It wasn't just Buckle who couldn't get the best out of him.
8 in 47 isn't bad (although 5.9 goals a game would be awesome ;-) ) for a midfielder, and wasn't that Oxford team he was in relegated?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Should be player of the season although Bobby will run him close.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
DonnyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Halstead

Post by DonnyGull »

cambgull - Perhaps Martin Ling should go for Kevin Nicholson as your 'Goalscoring Right Winger', what a crazy partnership that would be - Mansell and Nicholson, let alone crazy scorelines!!!

Only Joking!!!! :lol:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

austrianandygull wrote:Should be player of the season although Bobby will run him close.

That statement has given everyone food for real thought.

We are where we are because of massive contributions from both players.

I had Captain Marvel nailed on as my nomination for Player of the Season without question, now I've got some real bones of contention to chew over, to inwardly ingest and then when the time comes to dump, the nomination sheet paper will be marked.

There was probably a better way of putting that. :-/
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

Trojan 67 wrote:
That statement has given everyone food for real thought.

We are where we are because of massive contributions from both players.

I had Captain Marvel nailed on as my nomination for Player of the Season without question, now I've got some real bones of contention to chew over, to inwardly ingest and then when the time comes to dump, the nomination sheet paper will be marked.

There was probably a better way of putting that. :-/
Gunna be an interesting player of the season this year, so many contenders but think on current form and like ability it's gotta be manse so far!!

Will be delighted for who ever receives it this season though, anyone and every one will deserve it!!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Plenty of candidates for POY
I would probably go for:
1. Bobby Olejnik
2. Lee Mansell
3. Eunan O'Kane
4. Damon Lathrope
5. Kevin Nicholson
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

hector wrote:Plenty of candidates for POY
I would probably go for:
1. Bobby Olejnik
2. Lee Mansell
3. Eunan O'Kane
4. Damon Lathrope
5. Kevin Nicholson
That is probably the top five leading contenders, although not necessarily in that order.

Don't rule out those yet to make a late challenge (Oastler, Ellis, Saah, Howe, Stevens, Morris). ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Ellis has to feature in the running, as does Oastler, who has been almost totally unnoticed, but at least the equal of any of those illustrious names already mentioned. Equally, Danny has to get a mention, and from what I've seen of him, Jarvis might well be the man to take us to that next half step up from playoffs to autos.

Basically, I'm voting for everyone except fecking useless Atieno, who really needs to be cast asunder, miss against Rotherham was just about as amateur hour as football gets...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Agree with all points Matt. Oastler has been immense this season which has gone unnoticed in some quarters, not by me though.He is often the unsung hero and gets through a lot of work. Same could be said of Nico and Damon really. Danny has done well too but is nowhere near my top 5.

Jarvis was unlucky not to score on tuesday evening and he looks a good addition right at the business end of the season.

My final word is that if Jarvis had been on the end of that Tai header we would have been 2-0 winners. It was pretty bad but i've never rated Tai as everyone knows although has got a couple of vital goals for us. He just isn't good enough for us at the end of the day.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.