NEXT THREE GAMES (ALL AWAY)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Three difficult games really .

Rotherham- We have a woeful record against them especially away. But then the same could be said about Crawley/Chesterfield and a couple others. We'll have to be at our best to get the win though.

Burton- Out of form but how many times have we had these sort of games and lost? We cant go in over confident though to there current bad run we have a so so record up there and there better than the run there on currently suggests. As they showed when we scraped a draw in the home fixture on the first day of the season. Again we cant under estimate them.

Swindon- Champions elect a game which to me is no pressure we go in with everyone expecting us to lose and all we can do in this one is prove everyone wrong...Like we have done all season.

All we can do is get behind the team the best we can and starting with Rotherham lets have 3 top notch atmosphere and get behind the team and show them how much we believe we can achieve this.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

I think we will draw with Rotherham , win at Burton and then get some sort of result at Swindon.

Swindon, i think, have won their last ten league games at home and only conceded one goal in that run. The reason i think it will end is that the sunday after they play us they are in the final of the JPT at wembley and usually before a big cup game clubs tend to put in a performance a little below the norm and some players not wanting to get injured.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

dazgull wrote: usually before a big cup game clubs tend to put in a performance a little below the norm and some players not wanting to get injured.
Dee canny old fella won't put up with that nonsense. If they don't perform against us, expect dee canny old fella to go animated ballistic. :rofl:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

mr ling just reminded me when I read his quote on OS that last time we played three away on the trot earlier this season we won all three!
still keeping the faith
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

stefano wrote:9 points :keepie:
One down .... two to go! ;-)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Well done Stefano. We have believers
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

I had last night down as a draw, and the team prove me wrong again.

I know Swindon are on form, especially at home, but.............
I was 50/50 about going to Burton and 70/30 against going to Swindon.

I am now 100% for Burton and 50/50 for Swindon. My reservations for Swindon is more about the club, why do they still think they can get away with £28 for league 2?

If we win on Saturday you will see me at the back of the stand for Swindon ;-)

Right now Torquay to finish in the automatics, and Crawley to drop out of the play offs on the last game of the season away to Accrington :)

If we can get 20 points from the remaining 10 games I can see us finishing in the automatic promotions.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

They "Only" charge £25 to get in ;-).

Just go we need all the surport we can get for the rest of the season now. Get behind the team and push on for one of the Auto places.
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

My farmer maths tells me we can't get to 100pts this year - bummer
I'm with Stefano on 6points from the next 2 games
Burton will be harder than we think...but Lingy will give the lads the Gettysburg address for that game I'm sure
Swindon will do the talking on its own
What a season, what a team, what a skipper!
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well I thought 5 points was the minimum return, thats 6 so far fantastic this season just keeps getting betting, do we dare dream of beating Swindon.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

6 points is a very good return from 3 tough away games. Anything at Swindon is a nice cherry on top, fingers crossed they have one eye on Wembley.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

We'll beat Swindon on Tuesday. Their minds will be half on their JPT Final game. And after today's results, they'll be looking on Tuesday as a must-win game for them, and they'll be nervous as hell..
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

JamieE wrote:The next two are very winnable, especially Burton, they are in shocking form and I will be backing us to win there and probably end Peschisolido's reign.
Can't teach that.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

JamieE wrote: Can't teach that.
I :bow: down to your genious :)
Formerly known as forevertufc