NEXT THREE GAMES (ALL AWAY)

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
biffo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: rene howe

NEXT THREE GAMES (ALL AWAY)

Post by biffo »

Three Tough Away Games on the trot...
What do you think we should realistically be looking for in terms of points.
personally i think any more than 3 will be a good return....
(but then again, maybe Lingy can cast his magic again, and we could have 4,5,6.....9 !!!!!)
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Swindon away is going to be very tough, anything from there is a bonus. So from the other two games, 3 or 4 points would be decent enough.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: okane

Post by tufc4life1 »

Id happily take 5, with a win at burton draw at rotherham and a sneaky draw at swindon :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

6 please, with wins at the obvious 2 and a closly contested loss at Swindon.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Will be disappointed if we don't get at least four points - I fancy five or six. The next two are very winnable, especially Burton, they are in shocking form and I will be backing us to win there and probably end Peschisolido's reign.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Obviously the first prediction is about 4 points from those 3 games (1 from Rotherham, 3 from Burton and nothing from Swindon). But as we all know, football isn't played like that and being Torquay United fans (especially this year) you can never tell how we're going to play. We might get nothing from Rotherham or Burton and get a shock 3 points at Swindon. You just never know and that's what I'm enjoying about us this year, we are very unpredictable (something I'm having trouble with in the prediction league 8/ but that's a different story! :-D ). Let's take each game as it comes, which is what we have been doing ever since the season started and see what happens.

COYY!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

We've never won at the Don Valley and we need to put that right on our last ever visit (thank God) on tuesday night. We have scored in both our games there though so there are positives. The pitch is dreadful and are a jekyll and hyde team who could easily brush us aside and i personally think we'll get beaten. Burton are the side who will be on the wrong end of our biggest away win of the season 4-1 or 5-1. They are in woeful form and we have a good record there. We are due a big win and it will come on saturday. At Swindon i think we will be beaten but wouldn't at all be surprised if we won. I'll take 4 points gladly or 3 at a push. Anything less than 3 points from these three games would be a spanner in the works of our automatic promotion charge. Roll on tuesday night and hopefull we'll get weather up here like it is now, a beautiful sunny afternoon.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

With that missed penalty by Cheltenham, Swindon were lucky to get all three points yesterday. We beat Cheltenham away, we can also win at Swindon. In fact, there's no reason why we cannot win all three games. I shall be more than a little surprised if we do, though..
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The system the team plays probaly suits more away from home, and as the pressure of a promotion run in mounts being away from home is maybe not a bad thing, as it is often harder to play on your own ground with the wieght of expectation.

We have have 11 games left and 7 of them are away from home, so lets hope I am right, as for the next 3 away games, a minium return has to 5 points and I see no reason why the team can't achieve this.
Formerly known as forevertufc
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

9 points :keepie:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

stefano wrote:9 points :keepie:
I like your thinking Stef :clap:
Formerly known as forevertufc
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i'll be at two of them!! tuesday cos its just down the road, supertram after work and hopefully time for a couple pints before ko, and burton, couple stops down mainline, a few in the burton bridge and coopers (if its open) and then the burton beer festival after!! i wouldnt go to swindon even if i could get there, a protest needs to be made, letters should be written, its absolutely disgraceful charging £25 for 4th div football!! how much will they charge next year??

anyway onto the points, i'd be happy with 4 i think, we could beat (and have beaten) swindon but i just think they're on a massive roll at the moment, a big squad to pick from, and they are riding their luck. maybe we'll be the team to derail them as we have done several times this season, altho the other "top" teams have been in bad spells when we've met them in 2012 i think? rotherham i'd def take a point just given our dreadful record there, and if we dont beat burton i'll be truly gutted even if we do beat rotherham

we shouldnt be afraid of anyone, letting in two goals was a freak, the deflection on harrolds shot was hardly discernable on tv but bobby wouldve surely held a shot from 30 yds 99/100?? as for zebs goal, an 85 yd run with only one half tackle made in all that distance, i bet we dont see that happen again in two seasons?? altho didnt someone else do that earlier in the season, gills??

4 points = satisfied
5 points = well chuffed
6 points = amazing
7 points = playoffs guaranteed
9 points = automatic!!

anything less and we'll be looking over our shoulders with a slightly concerned look on our face!
still keeping the faith
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

bixieupnorth wrote:4 points = satisfied
5 points = well chuffed
6 points = amazing
7 points = playoffs guaranteed
9 points = automatic!!

anything less and we'll be looking over our shoulders with a slightly concerned look on our face!

I think that's a pretty good summary, that's how I'd put it as well.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I can see us winning at Swindon! 1-0 it'll be :)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Bix, give your liver a rest man!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.