Buckle on Ling..

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Buckle on Ling..

Post by Plymouth Gull »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17314777" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

Who rattled his cage!!!

:slap:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I was really expecting him to push how he put all in place for Martin Ling to do what he has done.
But fair play to the guy although he did say he had laid some of the foundation for Lingy to succeed he didn't go short in his praise for Martin. And we do acknowledge PB did do some good work here despite him leaving in poor circumstances.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Gloster, he probably would have said that if he hadn't ripped it all apart when he left!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

the guy still an absolute douchebag (look, I'm all American) and the line "I'm sure he wouldn't mind me saying that he's inherited some really good staff in Kenny Veysey and Damian Davey" is total asshattery
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Couldn't care less what he says about us now. The end of the day is he thought he would be better off at a "bigger club" and it proved that he couldn't cut the mustard.

Ling coming in has been a breath of fresh air. The football we are playing at times is just great to watch and playing players in their proper positions has seen us rise up to where we are today.

Rumour Buckle will be at Plainmoor on saturday. Hope he's prepared for the onslaught he's going to get from both sets of fans.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I hope we ignore him. Forget him. He's in the past. He got us up, thanks, but had he not have been thinking about who to sign for BRovers we may be in L1. I hope we don't chant towards him as the lads on the field + Lingy deserve our support.
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

I met Paul last night at a friends house and he said that he wasnt going,although that may change.We did say that he would be in for a lot of stick from all sides if he went!I had a good chat about him leaving Rovers and he did say most of the problem that he had at the club were down to Cambell and there is a piece in this weekends football league paper about it.He is off to Chelsea on Wednesday to do some coaching with their youngsters as well. :clown:
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

Let him talk. He needs to big himself up to get another job.

He had his chance at Bristol Rovers and failed. We're much happier with him gone, as are BRFC.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Gulliball wrote:Let him talk. He needs to big himself up to get another job.

He had his chance at Bristol Rovers and failed. We're much happier with him gone, as are BRFC.
Just as Cambridge fans, it seems, were happy when Martin Ling left their club. Funny old game..!

I actually like Mr Buckle. Yes, he was ambitious. Most of us are. Yes, he made a few wrong decisions. Most people do. Maybe he even got up a few people's noses on occasion. Don't we all? On a personal level he's a likeable decent fellow who is passionate about football. The same can be said of Steve Evans at Crawley.

He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone..
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

Cambridge fans don't seem very happy to me.

Although you lost me at Steve Evans is a decent fellow.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

I like Buckle as much as rubbing myself against a porcupine like a dog on a leg. The guy is gone and we have someone better in Ling. Buckle can say all he wants about the foundations he laid but when he came here he was given a massive budget, Ling has done what he has on a very small budget. Buckle will have a CV on the table of the FA and Chelski because thats the kind of tool he is (sorry Chaka Demus and Pliers)
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

What the F##k has TUFC got to do with Buckle? He's history. Of course he can't keep his mouth shut as he tries to grab some fallout glory. It must be galling for him to witness what a proper Football League Manager can achieve. You never were and you never will be a proper FLM. So I suggest you start applying for jobs more suited to your level and refrain from commenting on Mr Ling who quite frankly you are not fit to lick his boots!!
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
budleigh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by budleigh »

It is often the case that ex-managers of clubs get asked for quotes, especially when two of his old teams are playing each other. Paul Buckle didn't go in search of this, he was asked, and in the circumstances he seems to have given a fairly well balanced view of the situation at Plainmoor in that a foundation had been laid down and Martin Ling has taken that and built a side capable of gaining promotion. He did well to also praise, and bring forward, the work that some of the guys behind the scenes do.
A good read.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

He says a lot of the success at Torquay is down to the foundations he laid at Plainmoor.
??

Missing: and then took half the team with him to Rovers!
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest