New Signing - Ryan Jarvis --- Merged Thread

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
knh31667
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: dave caldwell

Post by knh31667 »

depends on the formation next season.if eunan goes we might play 442.does he play as a lone striker or could he be part of a partnership with rene? if they are too similar to play together then it would be a high wage for the bench.i know our squad was short of quality last season so i guess it would be an option.would i sign him?yes i would providing we get a different style striker with more pace to play alongside......should we sign easton would he play in the eunan position just behind the lone striker?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Offered a permanent deal.

Disappointed, personally. Unless he's taken a rather large paycut as he is not good enough to be one of our top earners. I hope Ling has got his contract down from what I'd expect was at least £1,500, to around £700.
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by tattooedjackass »

I think its a great thing if he has signed a permanent deal he is a good striker and im sure playing with the guys more and more is only going to make him better too, watch this space mate i predict lots of goals from him next season!
My Life To Live!
COYY
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I think its a decent signing. If he can get his confidence back he would certainly be a better option than Atieno. Who's too hit and miss for my liking.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

me too, I def think he's got the potential to strike up a great partnership with rene, is this a sign that we may be seeing 442 next season?

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 43,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 21 May 2012, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Not signed. The article says 'offered'.

28 days to decide, so I guess he will be looking around for the best deal. As will any other players 'offered' a deal.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

28 days? Give him a week tops to decide, we gave him a chance and he should respect that, 28 days could see many potential signings signed up
Lucy
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I know, I said offered, Steve. ;-)

Can't see him being awash with offers though, personally.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

I think Lingy's got it spot on again with the one year "prove yourself" deal.

He wasn't outstanding when he was here, but I think he showed enough and was unlucky with a few of his chances. If one or two of those in the last two games had gone in we'd all be a bit more enthusiastic. Mr Ling also says we haven't seen a fully-fit Jarvis yet, so there's that.

It's a calculated risk, and providing he's taken the pay cut we all think he'd need to take, I'd be happy to have him on board. Maybe not as a starter right away, but probably ahead of Atieno, who may or may not himself be back next year.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
ROIGull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Gary Nelson

Post by ROIGull »

Do Jarvis and Howe really offer Ling a 442 option. Whose got the pace to run the channels and feed the main target - whoever that may be. Certainly worth a 1yr contract but would definitely be looking for an alternative to Atieno.
Brez60gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brez60gull »

So Jarvis has been offered a contract I think he was average at best. Mcleod from Barnet or Kuffour from Gillingham those are the sort of players we need proven goalscorers not waste money on more fringe players. Get us a goalscorer Mr Ling please.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

lucy6lucy wrote:28 days? Give him a week tops to decide, we gave him a chance and he should respect that, 28 days could see many potential signings signed up
The 28 days isn't for his benefit, it's for ours. We will retain the full 28 days and allow ourselves a chance to see if something better comes along. We won't allow him to sign it until we are happy that it is the best deal for the club.

As to the idea that he will form 50% of a Jarvo/Howe double act, I sincerely hope not. Jarvo might well be the slowest player in the Football League, followed shortly by Rene. No, I see Jarvo as a better alternative than Danny or Morro if we need more attacking intent or direct goal threat. We need to start rotating the squad, we need to have, effectively, two completely interchangable first XIs. Jarvo is a big part of that.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

NickGull wrote:I know, I said offered, Steve. ;-)

Can't see him being awash with offers though, personally.
I know you did Nick, but people are talking as if these players have been signed already. None have so far!

I'd be a bit disappointed if Ellis leaves it until end of June until he sits down to discuss next season. I'm sure he can spare a couple of hours in an afternoon.

Else we are missing out on potential replacements and increasing the risk that he could sign for someone else....
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Brez60gull wrote:So Jarvis has been offered a contract I think he was average at best. Mcleod from Barnet or Kuffour from Gillingham those are the sort of players we need proven goalscorers not waste money on more fringe players. Get us a goalscorer Mr Ling please.
Nope, I won't have that. Both your other shouts are EXCELLENT, McLeod would be my first choice full stop, if we only made one signing all summer, I would like it to be him.

However, thinking back over his time here shows that Jarvo was very unlucky not to have bagged 5 or 6 goals. He won us two games, with his goal against Vale and his setting up of Rene against Accrington and he certainly hit the woodwork 3 times (fecking twice against Chelts), plus the other chance which he knows he should have put away against them and would have done on a different day. There's six goals straight away, that's more than Eunan got all year.
RJ has been out of first team action for a while, it must be hard being a loanee, so to have done as well as he has is pretty good if you ask me.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tattooedjackass »

Brez60gull wrote:However, thinking back over his time here shows that Jarvo was very unlucky not to have bagged 5 or 6 goals. He won us two games, with his goal against Vale and his setting up of Rene against Accrington and he certainly hit the woodwork 3 times (fecking twice against Chelts), plus the other chance which he knows he should have put away against them and would have done on a different day. There's six goals straight away, that's more than Eunan got all year.
RJ has been out of first team action for a while, it must be hard being a loanee, so to have done as well as he has is pretty good if you ask me.

He is a work horse mate and i truly believe that with more time working with the others he will be a great asset for us with plenty of goals!
My Life To Live!
COYY