New Signing - Ryan Jarvis --- Merged Thread

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I will be contacting my link with Walsall and see How he was viewed up there. Nick will give a pretty fair assessment and I should hopefully know what we have got on board. Thats assuming he isn't on holiday or something else. see ya ll later
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Glad to welcome Ryan to the dark side :scarf:
At 6ft and change probably more of a cat in a hat than fox in box
Ling sounds keen on him, curious to see how we set up with ryan and looking forward to upsetting creepy on sat
Another great day to be a gull!
:engflag:
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

A decent signing - at least he has actually played league football.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

brucie wrote:A decent signing - at least he has actually played league football.
:O :O :O :O

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
TorquayBoy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by TorquayBoy »

Any signing in the forward department is welcome- it gets everyone on their toes to try and keep in the team :)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Had a longish talk with Nick this morning. (Another 40 mins out of my monthly total. Thats a big bill this month.)
He said Jarvis has been in and out of the team all season. He started and then got injured after a couple of games. He got fit and the team was doing badly, Nick thought that with the moral in the dressing room it was really difficult to come back and turn the team around. He reckons they havnt paid a transfer fee for a player for many years and it now shows. Too little investment too little return. I did remond him that most teams are in the same boat. Don't think we have paid out much on any player for a little while and what was paid was small.
He seemed very useful but with the team struggling and things going wrong on the field it didn't seem to matter who came into the side nothing went right for the team.
Nick though he had been used in various positions. He hasn't played striker much, it was more right wing or even right wing back. he was also used as a right back on at least one occasion. I would be surprised to see him used in this position and feel his best position will be up forward. whether it comes in the middle or from the wing I don't know but it's more likely to be more central in my opinion.
Nick reckons if we don't go up we will be playing Walsall next year. they are failing to make any sort of impact and its only time before they go down. he said the moral of the fans is falling to new lows as they have a great chance to make a good team but all the effort seems to be going into marketing the facilities at the Bescot and no real investment in the team. They got a new advertising board overlooking the M6 and don't even bother to advertise the forthcoming matches on it. He reckons the Chairman hasn't even been near the club in a year.
So there you have it. in a larger nutshell than I originaly intended but enough info to chew on for the next day or so.

Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Glostergull wrote:Had a longish talk with Nick this morning. (Another 40 mins out of my monthly total. Thats a big bill this month.)
He said Jarvis has been in and out of the team all season. He started and then got injured after a couple of games. He got fit and the team was doing badly, Nick thought that with the moral in the dressing room it was really difficult to come back and turn the team around. He reckons they havnt paid a transfer fee for a player for many years and it now shows. Too little investment too little return. I did remond him that most teams are in the same boat. Don't think we have paid out much on any player for a little while and what was paid was small.
He seemed very useful but with the team struggling and things going wrong on the field it didn't seem to matter who came into the side nothing went right for the team.
Nick though he had been used in various positions. He hasn't played striker much, it was more right wing or even right wing back. he was also used as a right back on at least one occasion. I would be surprised to see him used in this position and feel his best position will be up forward. whether it comes in the middle or from the wing I don't know but it's more likely to be more central in my opinion.
Nick reckons if we don't go up we will be playing Walsall next year. they are failing to make any sort of impact and its only time before they go down. he said the moral of the fans is falling to new lows as they have a great chance to make a good team but all the effort seems to be going into marketing the facilities at the Bescot and no real investment in the team. They got a new advertising board overlooking the M6 and don't even bother to advertise the forthcoming matches on it. He reckons the Chairman hasn't even been near the club in a year.
So there you have it. in a larger nutshell than I originaly intended but enough info to chew on for the next day or so.
Gloster is their manager related to Buckle?
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

funny Aussie. lol. I doubt it. He gets a fair bit of flack for the team not performing, but to be fair to him he has his hands tied behind his backa lot of the time. Poor support by the board and trying to make do with few facitilties. Now if he was managing a team of waiters then they would be all over him as the retaurant is very important to them when they have a conference or banquet. We all know Buckle couldn't organise one, so he would have one up on him there.

CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Not unexpectedly, he has been released by Walsall and so is available to us.

Realy not sure what to think about him, I thought a lot of his approach play was very good and that technically he is a very good player. But during his time here, he failed to find the back of the net too often for my liking - although he must have hit the woodwork at least half a dozen times during his brief stay here as well as missing a number of other "takeable" chances. He just seems like one of those "strikers" who never seems to have a lot of luck in front of goal. That said, I wouldn't be disappointed if Lingy decided to offer him a 1 year deal. We shall see.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I'd take him, but I think he's on a lot of mony at Walsall, and he would have to take a huge wage cut to represent value for money for us next season.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

very difficult to assess him properly when hes not had the chance to have a decent run in the side, he certainly had a few decent chances in both games v chelts

we'll leave the decision up to st martin and see what transpires after tuesday when hes spoken to every squad member
still keeping the faith
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Agreed that I liked the look of him. Did a lot of running and worked hard for the team.

Plenty of opportunities for him to grab several goals in those last few games though. A lot of that is just luck, the Cheltenham keeper played really well over both legs I thought and he hit the bar etc. But imagine if he'd have put those 3 or 4 great chances in the net, we'd all be snapping Walsall's metaphorical hand off. Funny how thin the margins are.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

stevegull wrote:I think he's on a lot of mony at Walsall, and he would have to take a huge wage cut to represent value for money for us next season.
This. He was one of the highest earners at Walsall, so I'd imagine thats pushing £2k p/w. Even if he halfs that he'd still be one of our top earners, I'd imagine we could get someone to hit the net more, for less.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Bit of a catch 22 for me, do agree nick their are players out their that would fit the budget and offer more, however Jarvis would also fit the budget and has shown he can do a good job for us,listening to Nicho's interveiw , he said at this level a 2 year contract is security, which to a league1-2 player is priceless as club are cutting down and not holding such big squad's.

If offered a contract with no doubt it would be lower wages, can't see him not taking it, can you ?
Formerly known as forevertufc
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by tattooedjackass »

I hope he stay's seen nothing but good things from him and his headers are fierce, he has only played for us for a short time but you can already see the passion in him for the team and the club itself, fingers crossed for me.
My Life To Live!
COYY