New Signing - Ryan Jarvis --- Merged Thread

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

New Signing - Ryan Jarvis --- Merged Thread

Post by hector »

I have a tip-off that he is joining us on loan from Walsall.

Think we had him before when he was with Norwich!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Believe you're thinking of Rossi Jarvis.

Also going to move this to the rumour mill as it's only a rumour thus far.
loyalgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by loyalgull »

A little bit of research suggests it may well be Ryan Jarvis. He is currently at Walsall as hector says, but was at Orient under Ling. He is a striker, so fits the bill. Where as, Rossi is a midfielder, and although has played for Cambridge (and still is), he was not there at the same time as Ling.

Ryan Jarvis has scored (a belter by all accounts) in the Prem for Norwich, but looks like he cant make the Walsall bench at present (unless he is injured).

I think this would be a good signing. Think he is good technically and Ling must know him well.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Yep, not denying it isn't Ryan, but I don't think we've had him before? Definitely had Rossi, who wasn't anything special..
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

This rumour could be a distinct possibility. I believe ML took him on loan whilst at Leyton Orient and he scored 6 in 14 and was subsequently signed by them. I also seem to remember that ML was scouting for Walsall before coming here and might well have recommended him to them prior to him signing a one-year contract for them in June 2011. Earlier in his career he gained Premiership experience with Norwich and has represented England at all levels up to U-19. We should know in the next 24 hours I would imagine.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yep it was Rossi Jarvis who played 4 games on loan for us, Ryan Jarvis, the older brother has not played for Torquay, Ryan played 10 games on loan at Orient in 2007 scoring 6 goals, and then joined in 2008 scoring 10 in 84 games.
Formerly known as forevertufc
rumurchap
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by rumurchap »

To sign on 3 month loan deal
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

That's two separate threads now, seems to be gathering a bit of momentum..
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

This "rumour" wouldn't come as any surprise. I did wonder whether we might have been in for him in the summer as Lingy (as pointed out above) has signed him before. In the end though he ended up in League One with Walsall - where Dean Smith is the Manager - former assistant to Ling at Leyton Orient and a good friend of his.

We, of course, had his brother Rossi with us at one time. He wasn't up to much in truth, but at the time I can remember hearing how much more highly rated his brother Ryan was. In the end it didn't work out for him (Ryan) at Norwich and it doesn't seem to have done at Walsall either. I think the general concensus is he has some quality about him but just doesn't find the target enough for the liking of the Walsall fans.

It would certainly be good news if we could add another striker to the roster though as we certainly need another option, if only from the bench, in my opinion.

Edit: To add weight to this speculation there is a thread on the Walsall fans forum which suggests one of their players is about to leave on loan and there seems to be a strong body of opinion that it's most likely to be Jarvis! For those of a nervous disposition it would probably be wise to look away now though as their opinions of him don't seem (cough) great! :-/

http://upthesaddlers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39607
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Every players differant really. How many times have we had players come here who were never rated by fans of there previous clubs saying there rubbish and come here and do a job? And the other way where people come here and be complete dross and go on and do well elsewhere (Such as Ashley Barnes and Mikkel Anderson for example),

So if he does sign lets give him a chance and (hopefully) proove the Walsall fans wrong and do a job.
rumurchap
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by rumurchap »

Ryan jarvis to sign 3 month loan deal before weekend
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Lokk at the rumour mill thats what its there for.......http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3794" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known as forevertufc
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

Good signing if this goes through.
Looks like dinger had him at leyton so knows plenty about him. england u19 caps too.
just what we need
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

All this talk of the Jarvis boys is reminding me of the awful state of affairs that was the relegation season.

I'm 99% certain that during that season, we came out in the Herald and said that we approached Norwich to try and sign Ryan when he was hot property. We promptly got rejected by Norwich, who said that they wanted him to go to a L1 club (he was subsequently signed by Ling at Orient), but would we like to take his younger (crapper) brother Rossi? To this we agreed, and Norwich chanced their arm by offering us to take another loanee in Matthew Halliday - to which we accepted. So we contacted them trying to get Ryan Jarvis, and ended up signing two players we had no idea about! Typical of that season.

I'd be o.k with the prospect of Ryan Jarvis coming in. I always had him down as a second-striker sort of a player who would be comfortable in a 4-4-2, so he would fit the bill. Solid signing at this level. Just need someone to play wide-right when we play 4-1-4-1 and we'll be in much better shape.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Who's Ryan Davis?