New Signing - Ryan Jarvis --- Merged Thread

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Haha yeah just read back on this too!! Totally contradicting himself, plonker!!
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

brucie wrote:A decent signing - at least he has actually played league football.

You mean this one Scott?

Brucie's meds must have run out again today. :~D
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yep its really actually enlightening when you see players actually play. Its actually something of a novelty I suppose for you pair of tossers who seem to spend your time like a couple of rats scurrying around your keyboard, trawling thru pages and pages of old messages. It really is quite hilarious though. Ben needs a girlfriend and Snotty and Usa need to get out in the sun more.
Anyway Crewe 2 Cheltenham 0 - I did tell you all that Cheltenham had no chance. Mohammed and the other diving litle runt on the other wing are actually a pair of headless chickens. Bet Yates most have choked on his chewing gum.
Still hate to say it again but I'm right again :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Not quite Brucie - it was on the same thread, and only two pages back at the time.

Nice, mature comeback though - snotty...must have taken you a long time thinking up that little beauty.

Funny how you are posting again, given the rather somber end to the season....you were nowhere to be seen when you were proven wrong....convinced we were going to be in a relegation battle at the start of the season and, suddenly, when Ling pulls rabbit after rabbit out of the hat you go scurrying off, only really surfacing when we lose a game (which meant we had rather a nice season with you somewhat disappearing from the board for long periods of the year).

Face it Terry, you love it when we lose as it means you can unleash all of your negative energy onto this board.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

brucie wrote:Yep its really actually enlightening when you see players actually play. Its actually something of a novelty I suppose for you pair of tossers who seem to spend your time like a couple of rats scurrying around your keyboard, trawling thru pages and pages of old messages. It really is quite hilarious though. Ben needs a girlfriend and Snotty and Usa need to get out in the sun more.
Anyway Crewe 2 Cheltenham 0 - I did tell you all that Cheltenham had no chance. Mohammed and the other diving litle runt on the other wing are actually a pair of headless chickens. Bet Yates most have choked on his chewing gum.
Still hate to say it again but I'm right again :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Sadly, you were telling us something we all knew and agreed with. Crewe were a vastly superior side and we all knew it, hardly a ground breaking prediction. That's a little like me claiming to be a gambling God because I had £10 @ 7/1 on Powell to score first and Crewe to win.

Make a bIg call, tell us Bodin is on his way (rather than the 99.9% option of telling us the he's not), tell us that Olejnik is going to United for £5,000,000, tell us anything that isn't blatantly obvious, make it impressive.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Actually Snott sorry Scott - on the subject of getting things right its actually sombre not somber. The quote about Jarvis was tongue in cheek, because we had just signed Archie MacDougall from Reading who had been playing in the Western League.
Footbal forums are all about opinions. Everyone is right sometimes and everyone is wrong. Of course Ling proved me wrong (and I bet quite a few other people too) and good luck to him.
I have seen Jarvis a few times. He isn't fit and doesn't look much like a goalscorere to me. As someone else says he looks average at best which is probably spot on the money. Take that with the Walsall fans opinion of him and that and my assessment of him is probably more accurate than yours because you have never seen him play.
A few people need to lighten up a bit and not take everything to heart. Its far too easy to be wound up.
As for gambling god - no, but I do actually make consistent money from it.
Actually not as much as some - you would be suprised what some people are making out of Betfair. But Cheltenham were a gilt edged lay yesterday @ 3.15 before the game. Their price was actually short due to their comprehensive victory over us in the semi (scoreline at least) so easy to trade tem out for a big profit once thei first goal went in.
Actually I use a correct score method to make decent money on betfair. Its not my method but was taught to me by a full time betfair trader.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Brucie is always right. I like him.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

If you are going to pull me up on spelling Brucie, make sure your spelling is also correct in your post (football has two "l"s for example)

I have seen Jarvis play for us this season, but thanks for the assumption that I haven't.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Wow I need to get out in the sun more? Sorry I wasn't here last night to reply as I was actually out at a BBQ in the sun and that is true brucie as crazy as that may seem. You say about Walsall's fans opinion on Jarvis well surely Ling's opinion is better than than ours and Walsall's as he has now managed him twice.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes fair comment of course. Maybe Ling will get something out of him. i am really just basing my opinion of what I have seen with my own eyes - he doess not look like a natural goalscorer to me.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Right, bored with Brucie now, used to be fun, but constant counter culture is draining and meaningless and clogging up an otherwise excellent board.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

ferrarilover wrote:Right, bored with Brucie now, used to be fun, but constant counter culture is draining and meaningless and clogging up an otherwise excellent board.

Matt.
Agreed. Funny how Brucie has forgotten that he passed judgement on the team during their bad run with such a supreme 'all-knowing' opinion without having seen them.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Scott Brehaut wrote:If you are going to pull me up on spelling Brucie, make sure your spelling is also correct in your post (football has two "l"s for example)

I have seen Jarvis play for us this season, but thanks for the assumption that I haven't.
And 'eyesight' has more than one eye, but only one i (quite irrelevant, I know).. :~D
sadlad
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Tynan

Post by sadlad »

brucie wrote:
I have seen Jarvis a few times. He isn't fit and doesn't look much like a goalscorere to me. As someone else says he looks average at best which is probably spot on the money. Take that with the Walsall fans opinion of him .

That was our opinion of the lad, Brucie. He never looked like a goalscorer.

Hope Torquay brings him better fortune and he has a better season for The Gulls.