Eddie Mitchell does it again.......

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Eddie Mitchell does it again.......

Post by Awayday »

Not sure who else listened to 606 last night, but Chappers interviewed Eddie. The topid of conversation was about the wife of the largest share holder had asked if she could go into the changing room at half time and wish the players luck for the 2nd half. News spread that she was giving a team talk. Anyway Eddie was banging on about how the Cherries are a small family club, and if the largest share holder wants to see the team at half time, she can. Chappers questionned why the manager would even let anyone in the changing room at half time when you were 1-0 down, and Eddie carried on going on about how it is a family club whether you contribute a penny or a pound.

The reason for the post was in the end Chappers stopped the interview because Eddie wouldn't stop swearing live on air. So much for a "Family Friendly" club when the chairman can't even contain himself in the public eye.

I want to continue by saying how proud I am of being a Torquay fan, and how I feel it is one of the best family clubs in league football. How many clubs would you feel safe taking your 6 year old daughter to an away game. The lady who stood next to us was great with Emily and even lent Emily her gloves.

If I was an AFC Bournemouth fan I would be very embarrased about my chairman right now.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

I would echo this wholeheartedly. It would have been very easy for the atmosphere to turn sour yesterday given the poor performance and result, and the pathetic display of officiating on show. However, as is so often the case, the Yellow army kept at it as best they could despite not having a roof over our heads. So often you see supporters of their own clubs at odds with eachother but that it very rare with Torquay. There seems to be quite a healthy number of young children being brought to games and that can only be a good thing.

I have used the supporters club for a number of games this season, and have had many interesting conversations with a variety of different people and not once have I felt like the person I was talking to was clueless, out of order or a nasty piece of work, as a result I have made many new friends this season. The away support in particular is such that you recognise nearly everyone who turns out.

Paul, your little girl was very well behaved, and I can only hope she enjoyed it, however surely making her witness that must go down as some sort of bad parenting ;-) ? Also, i understand you had a run in with the referee when you went to retrieve the drum which had been so pointlessly confiscated?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

At least Mitchell is proactive. By the way who is our chairman again?
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

brucie wrote:At least Mitchell is proactive. By the way who is our chairman again?
Colin Lee.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

brucie wrote:At least Mitchell is proactive. By the way who is our chairman again?

Proactive...??? That's pathetic. Going onto the pitch and threatening to beat up the fans, going on radio and being abusive to the presenters.
We have a club showing profits of £160K, nothing but positive press with regards to a good run of wins and a manager who seems to be able to put players in their playing positions rather than playing them where they cannot play.

We are a league 2 club, which is doing better than the largest club in Devon (I mean Plymouth just in case any Exeter fans get any funny ideas) financially and league status. So I put it back to you Brucie what has our Chairman done wrong???
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

Awayday wrote:
Proactive...??? That's pathetic. Going onto the pitch and threatening to beat up the fans, going on radio and being abusive to the presenters.
We have a club showing profits of £160K, nothing but positive press with regards to a good run of wins and a manager who seems to be able to put players in their playing positions rather than playing them where they cannot play.

We are a league 2 club, which is doing better than the largest club in Devon (I mean Plymouth just in case any Exeter fans get any funny ideas) financially and league status. So I put it back to you Brucie what has our Chairman done wrong???
is actually £116k but spot on with comments awayday.....think we are in a good place at the moment despite just 2 lacklustre performances....
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

Yeah you are right, not sure where I got £160K, maybe wishful thinking lol
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Proactive getting kicked off a national radio show for making an absolute helm of yourself. Embarassing more like, I'd want him out of the door today.