Gillingham v Torquay United, League 2, 25/02/12.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Gillingham v Torquay United, League 2, 25/02/12.

Post by ferrarilover »

Chat about the game please chaps, I'll amend this post later with a proper OP.

Love to all

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

ferrarilover wrote:Chat about the game please chaps, I'll amend this post later with a proper OP.

Love to all

Matt.
you're being too camp....man up fl
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Well I will be there and taking my daughter. Hate the place to be honest, worst away end (apart from standing at Hereford) cr@p stewards and sod all atmosphere due to no roof.

Can someone remind me why am I going.........?
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Awayday wrote:Well I will be there and taking my daughter. Hate the place to be honest, worst away end (apart from standing at Hereford) cr@p stewards and sod all atmosphere due to no roof.

Can someone remind me why am I going.........?
To bang the drum hopefully ;-)
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I'll be there; it'll be my first time going to Gillingham and probably my last (due to the reviews that fans give to the place). But I'm a Torquay United fan and will go anywhere to see my team play (hey, that’s why you are going Awayday!).

Prediction?

Gills 1 v 1 Tqy (FT)
Gills 1 v 0 Tqy (HT)
First Tqy scorer: Mansell

But obviously hoping for the 3 points! COYY!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The Gulls will win.

Not saying it will be easy; they will need to be on top of their game. Gillingham have been on a poor run (lost 5, drawn 1) and will be looking to start winning again. They are not as bad a side as their recent form would indicate, and manager Andy Hessenthaler has been making changes to improve the team.

But the Gulls will be determined to bounce back after the Bradford defeat. I think that defeat - and Shrewsbury's recent defeat at Swindon - was a blip. In fact I'll stick my neck out and say that Swindon, Shrewsbury and Torquay will finish the season in the top three. If I had a spare £ I'd bet on it! Play-offs will be between Brighton, Crawley and Cheltenham - who have all been showing signs of nerves lately - and either Oxford or Rotherham.

Gillingham 1-2 Torquay :scarf:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

brighton??!!
still keeping the faith
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

First time up for me as well. Not looking forward to being in that away end, however I'll be determined to try and get some sort of atmosphere going. Be interesting to see how we bounce back from defeat. On paper, we should beat Gillingham, their in a poor run of form, however football isn't won on paper.

Nervy 0-1 win for the Gulls.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

bixieupnorth wrote:brighton??!!
is this the new Sarfend ?!!
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Yeah, new ground for me too, can't wait, I love away days. Hopeful that Bradford was just a blip against a well organised team with a manager who had done his homework on us. Andy Hessenthaler is not too popular at Priestfields at the moment and I am hopeful we can use this to our advantage. First goal of the game decides it for me.

Lets get behind our team and make as much noise as we can, just to keep warm if nothing else. Alarm set for 6am, see you all there.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Never been to the Priestfield and that won't be changing tomorrow sadly. For me, the south east corner of England is the least accessible and i've NEVER been to any ground in that area. In fact i've only been to the south east once in my whole life on holiday to Battle. I mean to visit Battle the small town in sussex, not to go on holiday to get hammered on san miguel and fight the locals! :lol:

Anyway, merriment aside i honestly don't know what to expect from this game or have any strength of feeling as to the scoreline. It depends which Gillingham turn up on the day i suppose, the one that capitulates defensively and gives goals away or the one that scores for fun. Often they do both in the same game! Either way i believe that this is a game where one goal will not be good enough and that is my major worry. It will be interesting to see how we approach the game having been unexpectedly beaten by Bradford and i hope the lads have written that one off and are up for another good run of results. Hessenthaler is under a bit of pressure from the home faithful and if we stifle them the fans will get on his / the players backs which will help us. I'll go for a 2-2 draw. Hoping that Nathan Craig might get a few minutes to impress.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

bixieupnorth wrote:brighton??!!
I meant of course Southend! I've made that slip before. I know they're both seaside towns, but why do I keep saying Brighton when I'm talking about Brighton? I mean, Southend!! :|
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

By Gullscorer » Yesterday, 22:38
meant of course Southend! I've made that slip before. I know they're both seaside towns, but why do I keep saying Brighton when I'm talking about Brighton? I mean, Southend!!
You must have met my wife,
On the way to Sarfend she asked why were not on the road toward brighton as Sarfend must be on the south coast. along with Southport and Southsea. not to mention Southam and Southbourgh.
As uf that was not enough she wanted to know which exit to take off for Torquay whiles't on the M1 north near Sheffield.
So don't feel too bad. I just need advise on how to fend off loads of Angry Northerners who want to know why they have had to leave Lancashire. Now wheres my black pudding cosh
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Glostergull wrote:By Gullscorer » Yesterday, 22:38
meant of course Southend! I've made that slip before. I know they're both seaside towns, but why do I keep saying Brighton when I'm talking about Brighton? I mean, Southend!!
You must have met my wife,
On the way to Sarfend she asked why were not on the road toward brighton as Sarfend must be on the south coast. along with Southport and Southsea. not to mention Southam and Southbourgh.
As uf that was not enough she wanted to know which exit to take off for Torquay whiles't on the M1 north near Sheffield.
So don't feel too bad. I just need advise on how to fend off loads of Angry Northerners who want to know why they have had to leave Lancashire. Now wheres my black pudding cosh
:clap: Ah well, at least neither of us is confusing Portsmouth with Plymouth; now what could those two places possibly have in common..?? 8/
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

0-1 rene howe, 211 gulls
still keeping the faith