rene v tai

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

rene v tai

Post by bixieupnorth »

looks like rene is gonna be first choice striker tomorrow?

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 97,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i think this is about the right choice, but i'd still like to see them both play, especially in home games
still keeping the faith
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

I think Saturday's game was crying out for them to play together, and was surprised Ling didn't do that at half time, and then even more surprised when he did a like for like swap 15 minutes later. We haven't been as effective as an attacking force recently at home, scraping wins against Northampton and Dagenham from set-pieces. If the 4-5-1 wasn't keeping the goals out in the first half, I think it should have been changed. It didn't help that the Bradford centre halves were so dominant on Saturday, the lone striker didn't stand a chance throughout.

I would like to see Rene back in the first XI this week, and then given a run of games like at the beginning of the season. He's not a player that is going to come on and effect a game from the bench. He appreciates starts, we know he has quality and he is more likely to take advantage of a Gillingham defence that hasn't been solid recently.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

We all felt the same saturday that in the second half if things didnt change then brine Howe on and play up front with Atieno, would have given there centre halves something to do. We could have taken off Mcphee as no need for a defensive midfielder when your 2-1 down. Just hop we dont turn into a one trick pony and only play with one up front.

Would start with Rene myself, let him put himself around and then bring Atieno on to run at them.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Agree dazgull, i'd go with Rene up top and bring Tai on later. I would also consider giving Craig a short run out. Although i believe Tai deserves to start ( not been too impressed with the efforts of Howe from reports following his return ) i feel Rene is a true goal threat and we should persist and hope he clicks again.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.