Ling out! Sack the Board! Sell the lot of them!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

cambgull wrote: This is probably the most brilliant case of making assumptions and looking like a d*ck whilst doing it. :-D

Firstly, being dead behind the eyes and dead between the ears means pretty much the same thing, there isn't much in there. So thank you for proving my point, you are a moron! As for the "Sun reader types", far from it, I run my own business and considering the amount of work I have to do to run it, I'd have to be quite a way from being a "Sun reader" to be able to do it.

And then, in the last couple lines you managed to look like one of those opinionated old fogies who doesn't really understand anything about the 'youth of today'. Don't worry Grandad, the more intelligent of us will be perfectly capable of rinsing idiots like you and your fellow knuckle draggers for every penny you've got when you've gone senile! :na:

That's more like it, comedy. Nice one Camb. :)
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!
the_shredder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by the_shredder »

To be fair, i run my own business too, 6 years now, and i only work 5 hours a week, it's not hard, and i dont read a paper - if i did it would be the sun.

Also, i tend to sympathise with DTG's point here.
While i see where the OP is coming from (we do have a history of grumpy people round here) since our bad run ended, the only negative words have come from brucie, and even he has been very high in spirits lately! I think what DTG is saying is, if you don't like moaning - stop moaning about it! The 'comedy' doesn't change the fact you're bringing something up that isn't and wouldn't have happened ... so looks like having a moan, about moaners...? ^.^

I guess it was funny after all, if you like irony :na:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its a pretty ridiculous thread to be honest though. We have had to listen to the "punching above our weight" line ever since Buckle got here. However now he has gone it is for once actually true.
I have seen the Dagenham,Northampton and Cheltenham games but missed the Bradford macth.
Only a fool would be carping about getting beat by Bradford. A realist would probably say that a lineup containing Chris Mcphee and Ashley Yeoman was probably quite likely not to win (this is afterall professional football).
i would be suprised if we could maintain our form and get to the play offs but a mid table position with the resources that the manager has at his disposal would be an admirable achievement in my view.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Not from here it wouldn't. Regardless of your pre-conceived ideas about the squad, they have shown that they are capable of picking up 56 points from 31 games. The squad which you believed existed before the season began simply does not exist, so to vase your expectations upon it is akin to taking out insurance against a unicorn attack.

Yes, we have a couple of 'squad fillers', but in almost every position, we are greater than or equal to last year's quality. I'm really not sure how far we are going to have to progress before you (and others) take us seriously. We are 2/3 through the season, every team is in its current position on merit. Dagenham, Northampton and Plymouth are crap, Swindon, Crawley and Cheltenham are exceptionally good. This is a fact, not one of your usual 'facts' (which are almost always opinions) but a real fact which can be proven with a quick look at the BBC website.

On the present argument about whether this thread is funny, I'd like to suggest that it is. I like to have a look about on the boards of other teams and often, one thread in three is of this nature, except serious. Petty arguing (unlike the very serious arguing that Camb and I do on here) is rife, and it makes me very glad that we can have a thread like this one on here, taking the piss out of all those who would take it seriously.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I see no problem with this thread,having the ability to have laugh and a joke, more so at yourself, or in this case your football club and some of it's fan's, is a real quailty thats sadly dying out.

Yes nobody had moaned or goaned after the Bradfod game, however moaners and groaners are part and parcel of supporting a club like Torquay, and we have more than our fair share of them,chippygull quite clearly having a joke at the expense of our many moaners and groaners, so please stop letting life make you feel.. :@ And just have a.. :rofl:
Formerly known as forevertufc