End of Emergency Loans

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

End of Emergency Loans

Post by hector »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16925942" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the basis of how Martin Ling has operated it may not effect us as badly as it would have done had Buckle been in charge still. A club like Yeovil and Plymouth this year, would be struggling though.

Apologies if this has already been covered.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Emergency loans are ok, provided they're just that, EMERGENCY loans. If we lose both Bobby and Ricey late on Thursday night, then we need to loan in a 'keeper in an emergency for Saturday's game.
If, however, we haven't really got the money to sign anyone on a 4 month loan, but we fancy having another midfield option on the bench, we do not need an emergency loan, we need better financial management, or to make do with what we have, and this is the difference.

As usual, the few abusers have spoiled a perfectly good system for the majority.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

I have been given good word that Ling is waiting to get someone in on loan but at the right time. As if we signed someone at the start of the month then that player wouldnt be avaliable for the play offs if we got to that stage, as the number od days would be up. So that is a clever move to hold on and get someone who would be around if we are in the play offs come the end.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

tufcbrett wrote:I have been given good word that Ling is waiting to get someone in on loan but at the right time. As if we signed someone at the start of the month then that player wouldnt be avaliable for the play offs if we got to that stage, as the number od days would be up. So that is a clever move to hold on and get someone who would be around if we are in the play offs come the end.
Does this 'someone' have the initials JR by any chance Brett????
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Richinns wrote: Does this 'someone' have the initials JR by any chance Brett????
I dont believe so, that deal fell flat since northampton wanted to much of his wages paid. but never say never, i wouldnt rule it out. But should be someone else.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Would be great if we did get JR back for the play-offs so he can blast most of our chances over the bar as he usually does when he can't be bothered to pass it.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

cambgull wrote:Would be great if we did get JR back for the play-offs so he can blast most of our chances over the bar as he usually does when he can't be bothered to pass it.
Agreed.

He seems to be held in some high power by some fans. However, for me, he was wasteful and selfish and not much of a team player. Add to that and inability to cross or track back and you have yourself a bog-standard League Two winger. He's okay, and i wouldn't throw my toys out of the pram if we were to have him back on loan, but I don't think he's much of a game changer.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

stevegull wrote: Agreed.

He seems to be held in some high power by some fans. However, for me, he was wasteful and selfish and not much of a team player. Add to that and inability to cross or track back and you have yourself a bog-standard League Two winger. He's okay, and i wouldn't throw my toys out of the pram if we were to have him back on loan, but I don't think he's much of a game changer.
Pretty much spot on, apart from the bit in red. I'd actually say that it's the one thing I would say about his game. He is great on the counter and when one of his long shots does come off, it can be a goal out of nothing. The thing is, we've already got someone doing that in Danny Stevens, it's whether we want two of them...
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

In the same camp as Camb and Steve here. Nothing special. Could pull out the odd piece of magic but far too inconsistent for me and went missing alot.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Trying to come up with a name or two of who I'd like to see come here as we certainly won't be getting Bodin back and it seems a bit unlikely to me that it will be Robinson either - particularly given that he started last time out under Boothroyd and he also spoke about the importance of him in the squad to their Official site, just 10 days ago ...

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 67,00.html

Not only that, but since then they (NTFC) have also sent one of their strikers (Tadgh Purcell) out on loan for the rest of the season and so it (the return of Jake Robinson) seems even less likely to happen now I would have thought.

One name that I came up with was Jennison Myrie-Williams who I seem to recall gave Nico a pretty torrid time at Port Vale a while ago. I believe Micky Adams was really keen to do a deal for the player but finances at Vale Park are in such bad shape that he had to let him go (along with Guy Madjo) back to Stevenage. He still doesn't seem to be getting a look in at SFC - even after the change of Manager - and for me at least would be just the type of impact winger that we need. Another name that I came up with was ex Argyle winger Yannick Bolasie, who likewise seems to be well out of favour at Bristol City. Just like Myrie-Williams, he also has bags of pace and a few tricks too. Pure speculation but I would love to see one or other - or at least someone similar - added to the squad before the weekend as I think we have started to really miss Bodin over the last few games .... yes, even though we have been winning games (up until Saturday anyway) I still think we have missed him!

I'm not saying he (Bodin) would even have started over Morris and Stevens, but at the very least he would have been an impact sub who would have been capable of changing games and I think we really need someone like that now. I think I'm right in saying that if we bring someone in this Friday then under the max 93 day loan rule they would still be eligible to play in the Play Off Final should we reach it again this year - so let's hope we hear some positive news this week - particularly if as seems likely we may also be without Taiwo Atieno for this weekend, although I have seen no official confirmation to that effect.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

cambgull wrote: Pretty much spot on, apart from the bit in red. I'd actually say that it's the one thing I would say about his game. He is great on the counter and when one of his long shots does come off, it can be a goal out of nothing. The thing is, we've already got someone doing that in Danny Stevens, it's whether we want two of them...
I suppose I understand your point, when he does get it right it is certainly a moment of skill. But that's all it ever is from him, moments. Littered moments of decent play in a dump full of mediocre performances. I also agree with your point regarding Stevens. If he hadn't upped his game as much as he has this term then perhaps i would be a lot more receptive to a Robinson loan but with Stevens having a good season I really do think that now, on current form, we have the better player in Stevens.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

Not much of a game changer, only has moments! So 15 goals a season when not even playing most of those games that season is "only has moments" or "not much of a game changer"? When he was here for us and was actually given the ball he nearly always looked dangerous and sh1t the opposition up, sometimes when your on the wing you don`t get the ball as often as you would like depending on how the game is panning out. When given a supply Jake more often than not did rather well in my opinion, what you have to remember is that he was here under Buckle and quite often the game plan didn`t suit Jakes strengths, you all saw what happened when it did suit his strengths! For example Billy Key, the winger, left us to go and play in a situation that suited his strenths and was bangin` `em in for fun, sometimes it ain`t just the player that the focus should be on but the manager, the formation and the game plan. Sometimes when evaluating a situation you really should take into account ALL of the influencing factors and not just single one aspect out!
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

One I wanted in was gavin tomlin in, wanted him since start of season. Now look at him : (.

I think bolasie would be good, Michael bryant who plays for bournemouth res other week looked decent but tbh would like to see the enigma that is macklin given a decent chance or even niall Thompson on the bench just for his pace and trickery, strong too for someone his age
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I had actually forgotten all about Macklin. I take it he has done nothing in training or the Reserves to pique anyone's interest?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Aussie wrote:Not much of a game changer, only has moments! So 15 goals a season when not even playing most of those games that season is "only has moments" or "not much of a game changer"? When he was here for us and was actually given the ball he nearly always looked dangerous and sh1t the opposition up, sometimes when your on the wing you don`t get the ball as often as you would like depending on how the game is panning out. When given a supply Jake more often than not did rather well in my opinion, what you have to remember is that he was here under Buckle and quite often the game plan didn`t suit Jakes strengths, you all saw what happened when it did suit his strengths! For example Billy Key, the winger, left us to go and play in a situation that suited his strenths and was bangin` `em in for fun, sometimes it ain`t just the player that the focus should be on but the manager, the formation and the game plan. Sometimes when evaluating a situation you really should take into account ALL of the influencing factors and not just single one aspect out!

Will you kindly stop creating posts that I agree with ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com