BucklandAthletic v Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
buckland gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Tom Kelly

BucklandAthletic v Torquay United

Post by buckland gull »

Last year's winners of the st Lukes bowl, Buckland Athletic take on Torquay, on Tuesday 21st February at Homers Heath with a 7.45 kick off in the quarter final of the st lukes bowl.

Buckland take on Torquay again, after playing the gulls last year, at the same stage when Buckle played 7 1st team pros in his line up, but Buckland came out winners by beating the Gulls 2-1.

Carparking is available in the ground but on a 1st come basis, but there is lots more parking 500yds down the road at Decy industrial estate.

The bar is open and piggys pantry will be open selling all the usual food and hot drinks.

should be a good night as the forcast is good and a healthy away support is always welcomed at the Heath.

maybe Torquay can get revenge on last year.....
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Will be heading to this one. with a couple others. I'd imagine it will be mainly youth with maybe a couple fringe players like Macklin,Leadbiter and Rice aswell possibly?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Went last season enjoyed the game, fair few gulls there I knew aswell, not sure yet whether to go this time around see how the land lie's tuesday, shame it was not a Wednesday as last season would have gone for sure.
Formerly known as forevertufc
buckland gull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by buckland gull »

Draw for the next round drawn this morning winners will play Cullompton or Exeter city
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

So, Cullompton then.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
buckland gull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by buckland gull »

Gullscorer wrote:What's all this about Buckle and Athletic..?? Torquay Athletic? Charlton? Oldham?
Technically, Buckland Athletic as holders of the St Lukes bowl can call themselves the best team in Devon,

im sure Torquay will not want to loose to lowly Buckland Athletic again

oh and by the way i have supported TUFC for over 30 years going up with my dad on the popside and standing on the half way line , on the rail.

Thats why i cant loose tonight

COYY, COYB,

Heard Buckland are playing in Blue, as Torquay were not allowed to play in their away Black kit.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

prices for tonight:
£5 adults
£3 concessions
£1 children

note: Torquay play exeter city in a friendly at plainmoor next monday afternoon
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Buckland 1-0

Half time, end to end
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Have we put a decent side out?
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

3-0 down
The gulls are going up
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

stevegull wrote:Have we put a decent side out?
4-3-3:
Rice, Nardiello, Leadbitter, Palmer, Rowe-Turner, Macklin, Kewell, Craig, Thompson, Yeoman, Halpin

LRT just been sent off too.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Quinn and kudi on
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

FT 3-0
The gulls are going up
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Decided last minute to take a wonder down to homers heath as I live only 5 miutes drive from the ground, as said fairly strong line up, and I believe that Buckland are not as strong this year as they were last, maybe Buckland gull can confirm that.

Was Expecting to see our team take control of this game, however we never did, Buckland played with a lot spirit and deserved to win, if I remember right our team was already 2.0 down when LRT was sent off, frustrating to think we had enough first team squad players out there, who like last season did not really show any thing, apart from Macklin who made a few positive runs, but lacked a finish, yes its only the Devon Bowl, however one or two players out there you expect to use this game to stake a claim for the starting 11, sadly chance missed for a few of them.

Nice to see CP gull, saw Alex up in stands, enjoyed having a laugh with a few faces I knew, good evening out.

EDIT, forgot to mention, first time I had seen Nathan Craig play, yes you can see why Martin Ling is having a closer look at this lad, as reports suggest, has a sweet left foot, however on that evidence, would say he was a long way off the first team.
Formerly known as forevertufc