difference when scoring first under ling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: okane

difference when scoring first under ling

Post by tufc4life1 »

I was looking at all of our results just now and correct me if I'm wrong i don't think we've dropped a single point after taking the lead all season.

Also if you look at amount of points we dropped from winning positions under bu**le this is a huge difference.

points thrown away last season

crewe away 1-3 up finished 3-3
southend home 1-0 up finished 1-1
gillingham home 1-0 up finished 1-1
morecombe away 0-1 up finished 2-1
northampton away 1-2 up finished 2-2
burton away 0-2 up finished 3-3
cheltenham away 0-2 up finished 2-2
Hereford away 1-2 up finished 2-2

This is 16 points that i can think of top of my head dropped in the last 20 minutes so we would of went automaticly up if we held on like we are under ling.

my point is under Martin ling we have been holding on and grinding out victories which last year we dropped points in and look where we are,
Its almost as though me personally feels more confident going into last 20 minutes with a lead than last year where i was chewing my nails and waiting for the equiliser to come ;-)

:)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This thread is probaly a bit to close to the thread done by Bengull if I am being honest..http://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3719" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Some of the good points made on there , fit nicely in to what your saying.

In the end I actually think Buckle became to much of a tinker man, for me a team should keep doing what got the lead in the first place, and let the other team figure out how to get back into the game, Buckle had an awful habit of bringing on Oastler to shore up the defense and dropping the team back, we seem to conceed every time he did.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

One stat I forgot to put in, we have scored first in 17 games so far this season according to football 365, and have won 16 , drawn 1 lost 0.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

All down to our magnificent defence, and suggests automatic promotion this season. I have a feeling we'll see a striker on a loan signing brought in around the end of the month, to tie in with that three month rule, to boost our attack. Then we'll see a top three finish of Swindon, Torquay and Shrewsbury.

Barring accidents, injuries and suspensions !!!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Interestingly, we are also top when we've failed to score. With a record of 3 draws and 2 loses we have gained the most points per goaless game with 0.60, the closest team being Oxford with 2 draws and 3 loses and a ppg of 0.40.

Interestingly, Southend are 3rd last on that table with a record of 0 draws and 6 loses.

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D3/failtosc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"