Record sixteen game run

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
northharrowgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Record sixteen game run

Post by northharrowgull »

Heres one for all you statisticians. Have we ever scored more than 41 points from a run of 16 games in the league? Answers on a postcard please. BTW I can't let the moment go without singing the praises of all at TQ1. The board, Martin, the back room staff and of course the players. You all make me look forward to every Saturday COYY!!!!!
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Indeed.. is 7 league wins in a row a record too?? Surely some statto out there knows? :|
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Torquay record number of striaght wins I belive came in the 1997/1998 seaosn under Kevin Hodges, Torquay had 8 striaght wins that season, which came to an end with a 0.3 home defeat to Cambridge, after then loan striker Jason Roberts was recalled by Wolves.
Formerly known as forevertufc
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

forevertufc wrote:Torquay record number of striaght wins I belive came in the 1997/1998 seaosn under Kevin Hodges, Torquay had 8 striaght wins that season, which came to an end with a 0.3 home defeat to Cambridge, after then loan striker Jason Roberts was recalled by Wolves.
Absolutely right forever so one more will equal the record, although Cambridge were in a similar position as Bradford are now when they stuffed us 3-0 at home. 41 points in 16 games is a record even allowing for converting back to when you only got 2 points for a win and giving 3 points for a win instead.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The run started on Jan 24th, thats season ended with 1 point needed from Leyton Orient away I remember the drive back, god that was torture, a poor run of results in March cost Torquay certain promotion, hope history is not about repeat it self :'(

http://www.torquayunited-mad.co.uk/resu ... ndex.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

forevertufc wrote:The run started on Jan 24th, thats season ended with 1 point needed from Leyton Orient away I remember the drive back, god that was torture, a poor run of results in March cost Torquay certain promotion, hope history is not about repeat itself :'(

http://www.torquayunited-mad.co.uk/resu ... ndex.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
History never repeats itself, but human beings do. :nod:

History never repeats itself, but human beings do. :nod:
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Ah, this looks nice!!

http://weekendfootball.co.uk/analysis/f ... escount=16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

chippygull wrote:Ah, this looks nice!!

http://weekendfootball.co.uk/analysis/f ... escount=16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is there a website anywhere that does the form table for the entire football league? Be interesting to see where we are on that.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

happytorq wrote: Is there a website anywhere that does the form table for the entire football league? Be interesting to see where we are on that.
Top. Doesn't matter about anybody else ;-)

But, the TOP team in each of the other divisions is as follows:-
LEAGUE 1: Charlton Athletic 39 points from 16 games (-2 behind Torquay)
LEAGUE 2: Reading 33 points from 16 games (-8 behind Torquay)
PREMIER: Man Utd 38 points from 16 games (-3 behind Torquay)

=D =D =D
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

forevertufc wrote:The run started on Jan 24th, thats season ended with 1 point needed from Leyton Orient away I remember the drive back, god that was torture, a poor run of results in March cost Torquay certain promotion, hope history is not about repeat it self :'(

I remember that day...... 2-1 down with about 10 minutes to play (or was it 1-0) we hit the cross bar, post and spent 5 minutes scrambling the ball around their goal mouth. A certain My Alex Inglethorpe was playing for LO that day (who went on to take City to Old Trafford).
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yep, it was 2.1, and if I remember right it was McFarland hit the post, was gutted.
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

I thought Alex watson hit the post, deep into stoppage time.
Gutted and it was a long drive home that day. :'(
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

You may well be right, all I remember is the ball hitting the post, us fan's jumpimg up and then holding are heads as the ball was cleared away after one hell of a goal mouth scramble.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Awayday wrote: A certain My Alex Inglethorpe was playing for LO that day.
Also in the O's side was the genius that is Martin Ling!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Chris B wrote: Also in the O's side was the genius that is Martin Ling!
Total segue, but did anyon see the 'teammates' section of TQ1 from the Shrews game? Shaun Taylor was choosing his XI and names ML "because I don't want the sack." :~D

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"