The next, next two games......

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

The next, next two games......

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

BRADFORD at home and GILLINGHAM away to round of February. Having won 6 points from the last two when i would have been happy with 2 or 3, does this mean we can expect wins in these two matches? I'd like to think so but i've a feeling if we are going to relinquish this unbeaten run it will be when we least expect it and against a team we wouldn't have thought it possible. Bradford fits the bill and although i need to stay positive, i have worries for this one. Gillingham away could be a free for all with us gaining that much deserved 4,5,6 goal trouncing of somebody OR the real Gillingham could appear and turn us over. What is predictable at the moment is our predictability of winning matches but i honestly believe that these next two games are as unpredictable as you can get. I would be happy with 3 points.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Booooooo Booooooooo Booooooo. Brucie. Brucie.Brucie.
Sorry couldnt resist it. But in all honesty, the lads are really up for it. The team spirit is incredible and it will be something that knocks them out of their stride that affects performance to lose against Bradford i reckon. For me if it's any of the next ones It could be Gillingham. I reckon a draw there is realistic.
If you look back to the Wimbledon match way back on 25th October. we have since played 17 games in the league. out of those 17 we have lost only one (accy) drawn 2 (Port Vale and Oxford both of whom failed to score against us. and won 14. By any reckoning that's incredible for any team. I doubt that there is any team outside the premiership who has that record at the moment. I can't see what can stop us barring injury and suspension. we avaraging 2.47 points per match. How often have we ever done that and when was the last time.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
highweekgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by highweekgull »

I'll take 4 points now

I think Bradford might be the hardest game.

As shown against Northampton and Daggers, the guys didn't quite seem so up for against a "lesser" team (by the way have you seen Bradford's average gate?) and we had to grind out a result

Can we keep doing it?

I hope so and would love automatic promotion but obviously if the teams below us get points from their games in hand then suddenly we are 6th!

Keep surprising us United!