Whinge, Moan, Rant And Anything Else Put It Here ...

General chat about anything else goes here.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Southampton Gull wrote:
The Event - Enjoying what I've seen so far, I have high hopes for this one too.

Not really a moan I guess, certainly not a rant, so I'll attack those that go off-topic, bloody nuisance they are :Oops:
Dave

Have changed the thread title to include "anything else" which could be, well, "anything else" for example likes/dislikes of TV series. :)

Also "anything else" could include strange/weird ranting raving stories/analogies. Oh, we've had some of those. :Oops:

Am also watching The Event, V the new series and The Mentalist. :rofl:

The object of this thread is to keep the Main Football Board clear of crap. :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

happytorq wrote: SG - i thought 24 was great the first time round but after that it all got a bit silly.

I actually watched the movie first, the one released betwen series six and seven so decided to give it a try, was hooked pretty quickly and saddened to see it end but like most series it did run out of ideas, I particularly liked what they did by bringing back characters from previous series, thoroughly enjoyed it though.
Dave

EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

'Friends' yesterday.
Tall, dark haired gormless looking one walks into a room where four older people are sat.

TDHGLO "Hi"
1st older person "Hi"
TDHGLO "Hi"
2nd older person "Hi"
TDHGLO "Hi"
3rd older person "Hi"
(4th older person is missed out, so she taps TDHGLO on the arm)
TDHGLO "Oh Hi"

Audience erupts into hysterical laughter.

It was so funny I thought my spleen had split! :(

Somebody kill me
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Asian shoppers in my local Morrisons.
About an hour before closing, they start to reduce perishable foods like the cooked chickens, bread, cream buns, doughnuts etc, and there is a couple of families who come in and fill entire trolleys with the stuff, even taking stuff off the shelves before they start reducing them and hovering around the deli counter waiting for the lady to come out and thrust them into her face to reduce them! Its not a one off (they were there this afternoon) but a regular occurence. Ive nowt against Asians in general, just these vultures. Maybe other people would like to get a bargain (me included) every now and then, but if they're in forget it!
Everyones of the opinion that they have a corner shop and sell the stuff on, they couldn't possibly eat everything they buy before it goes stale.

Gercha :@
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Happy Crimbo Emet, my lovely :) xxxxxxxxx
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

westbaygull wrote:Happy Crimbo Emet, my lovely :) xxxxxxxxx

dont you just love him??? :rofl: :lol:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Thankyou followers, have a great day tomorrow and hope all your Christmasses are blue and yellow :) :) :mrgreen:
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Oh I forgot'
I really do hope the horrible kids i have to work with (not all of them, just the horrible ones) have a feckin miserable Christmas and get nowt, 'cos thats what a lot of 'em deserve.
Im not really Scrooge , but some of the kids are vile and deserve little more than a kick in the scrotes. (If only.........)
:(
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

A special Merry Christmas to all the whinging moaning ranters who have supported this thread with special thanks to Emet. :clap:
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Trojan 67 wrote:A special Merry Christmas to all the whinging moaning ranters who have supported this thread with special thanks to Emet. :clap:
That's a bit too chirpy for this thread, please move it to the main board :)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

westbaygull wrote: That's a bit too chirpy for this thread, please move it to the main board :)
I'm having an amnesty, it's Christmas Day. (D)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Dave, couldn't agree more about 24, probably my favorite programme on TV, it was a bit daft sometimes, but then, if I wanted real life, I'd watch the very programmes about which so many on here are rightly indignant.
Lost was worth it IF one simply accepted the reality with which one was presented. A bunch of people on a mysterious island on which anything was possible. To my mind, the final 10 minutes or so of Lost was the finest piece of television I have ever seen. Many won't agree, but it's that, then two Top Gear gems, the Ayrton Senna piece and the Aston V12 Vantage.
I can't get into Lie To Me, I just don't really care enough.

I'll add House M.D. (to give it it's full title) to the list. I didn't watch it initially, then a mate lent me the DVDs of series one, one slow weekend and that was it, I was in and in I shall remain.

As for all the other rubbish floating about, I just try to avoid it all. There are some good programmes out there, The Mentalist is worth a watch, as is Burn Notice, but all the 'reality' guff really is bottom of the barrel nonsense. Quite which reality it is in which a gay, a nazi, a black fella, a cross dresser, a mental, a pikey and a series of other assorted nutters, freaks and gutter scum are bundled together in a house full of cameras for the 'entertainment' of the nation, I'm not sure, but it certainly is not the reality which I inhabit.

Congratulations to Simon Cowell, no, really, he has taken the wasters, low lifes and mentally deficient and found a way to extricate their dole money for his own personal gain. Well done to him, I wish I'd thought if it. My only regret is that it isn't £3,000,000 every time you vote (on or off, I'm never sure) such that these idiots would spunk all their money calling the show and have none left for crack or lager or fiberglass bodykits for the inevitable Vauxhall Corsa.

Right, so that's it for now, unless I get really angry before lunch and decide to have a pop at Christmas, Religion, Brits abroad, Steve Wright, idiots, elderly people driving cars S L O W L Y, SuperNickyWroe, crooked MOTM voting, Sepp Blatter, apostrophy misuse, the f*****g phrase "lol", poor people, badly modified cars, ignorance, The Labour Party, smoking, 20p to have a wee at Reading railway station, misuse of the third person singular personal pronoun. I would go on, but lunch is ready.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my readers. :bow: This thread must have been tailored especially for me, I can get it off my chest then laugh for the rest of the day! :win:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

ferrarilover wrote:Right, so that's it for now, unless I get really angry before lunch and decide to have a pop at Christmas, Religion, Brits abroad, Steve Wright, idiots, elderly people driving cars S L O W L Y, SuperNickyWroe, crooked MOTM voting, Sepp Blatter, apostrophy misuse, the f*****g phrase "lol", poor people, badly modified cars, ignorance, The Labour Party, smoking, 20p to have a wee at Reading railway station, misuse of the third person singular personal pronoun. I would go on, but lunch is ready.

Matt.
Doesn't really narrow it down a whole amount, dude..
What do you mean by this? Ex-pats? (me) Or Brits on Holiday abroad?
Yeah, this annoys me, as does bad spelling, for example of the word "apostrophe" ;-)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

This weather. The snow was fun at first, but now, it's shit. Absolute rubbish. It isn't even nice snow. When its fresh, its nice, but now it's all muddy, icy and rock solid. So you can't throw it at people as it hurts. Its not nice to look at, and now we've just got loads of ice all over the place. It doesn't seem to be melting, either, so its just sat there, being a massive inconvenience. Its ruining plans, and I am not looking forward to my driving test in a few days if its still snow/ice everywhere.

While I'm here, I hate the stupid rules you need to follow in order to pass your driving test. Like going actually around mini-roundabouts (the ones that are a blob of paint in the centre of the road - Kingsteignton is like mini-roundabout heaven). I mean, yeah obviously you're supposed to go around them, but as soon as you pass, you'll do what 99.9% of all other drivers do and just drive straight over it. So stupid.

Also, other drivers opinion of learners. On several occasions I've had cars pull out infront of me on a lesson, meaning me having to stop immediately. Sooooo annoying!

I was going to stop there, but I've thought of more, and as I'm here, why not.

Adverts on TV. Channels like ITV, Dave, Channel 4 etc are about 50% adverts these days. I was watching the Simpsons the other day. 5 minutes after it started, there was a break. 5 minutes of adverts. It came back on, and then about 10 minutes later, there were another 5-minute break for adverts. I mean, a 30-minute show with 10 minutes (approx.) of adverts is beyond a joke! Absolutely ridiculous, and it's why BBC are my preferred channels.

TV itself. I mean, years ago, there was decent things to watch on tele. These days, its all reality tv, and if you dont like reality tv, you're pretty screwed. X factor, Britains got Talent, Strictly come dancing, I'm a celeb, etc etc are all wank, in my opinion. Borrring. The best part of it all are the auditions for shows like X factor, as they can be quite amusing at times (for example, when Susan Boyle came on, and Simon Cowell started off by thinging she'd be absolutely shite. Nice humble pie, Simon?). I know others like them, but I hate them. Again, on the subject of TV, I'll add the whole 'Dave' channel. I mean, when its not adverts, its top gear. Its ridiculous. I like Top Gear, but even I couldn't watch hours upon hours of it.

Errm...

Fifa. I won't go into detail but how corrupt is this 'organisation'? Winter World Cup? No thanks. No thoughts for the possible problems that'll cause - they should have thought about the heat before they gave it to Qatar. Stupid Sepp Blatter doesn't realised just how much corruption is in the business - or he does, but chooses to ignore it.

Chavs. Hate 'em.

Putting on weight. I know its Christmas so theres a given excuse for eating lots and not exercising to burn it off, but I hate how its so easy to put weight on than it is to get fitter. Seriously, trying to get fitter is hard, especially at Christmas, when you get about 10,000 boxes of chocolates and nice food. I'm doing a charity bike ride next June which will see me do 80 miles per day for 3 consecutive days. Thats a bit of a challenge in itself, so I need to get fitter and get alot of practice as at the moment I can do 30 miles p/day tops, probably.

Rotherham fans. Still moaning about us calling the game off without letting them know, apparently. Apparently going to report us to the FA. It happens to all of us. Jesus wept. Overreaction to the highest order, there.

No football. I'm bored now without anything to do. I'm glad I went to Chesterfield even though it was shit, because if I hadnt it would be over a month without football. Nightmare. I have considered going to Hereford but having seen their ground, which looks absolutely rubbish, I won't be going.

The lottery. Why can't I just win it. It'd make my life muchhh easier.

People who are racist. I dislike racism, and don't like anything that comes with it. Words like 'ni**er' and such.

Also, exams and revision. Boring, waste of time. Just give me straight A's already.

Wow. :O