Rotherham United vs Torquay United

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Rotherham United vs Torquay United

Post by Plymouth Gull »

To start, I just want to say cheers to everyone who did one in my absence over the past few weeks, but I'm better now so alls well. I've just done this now so nobody writes one up as I'm going to do this tomorrow, but I thought I'd get it out now so nobody wastes their time writing the same as me!

:)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Just wanted to let everyone know that up here it is snowing and it is minus 4 outside. The temperatures are forecast to be even colder overnight tomorrow with snow daytime saturday. I'm not in Rotherham but only 15 miles away, sadly, wish it was 350! Anyway lads and lasses, please please just check before you set off to make sure the game is still on. I don't know what sort of precautions Rotherham will be taking or whether the stadium has undersoil heating but there could be a real chance of a frozen pitch. The ground has been rock hard all day today and there will be little chance of it warming before saturday. Hope the game is on though as i'm lookig forward to it AND i don't for the life of me want to go there at NIGHT for a rearranged fixture. It's bad enough in the day!

ADMIN / MODS - please feel free to move this to another thread if need be. Didn't know where to put it so the most people could see it. Cheers. :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Don't mention snow and Rotherham. :(

Anyone remember the called off game at Plainmoor in December 2010 ?

Cleared all that snow off the pitch, then the ref called it off due to the ground beneath the snow being frozen. :( What an effin waste of calories that was !

The good thing was getting free tea, bacon butties and meat pies for turning up and showing willing. :) :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I don't think the snow will be a problem Troj, there will probably be only a dusting but it's the frozen ground that will be the issue like you say.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The pitch is frozen solid and the match will probably be called off tomorrow (Friday). Temperatures will remain around freezing and snow is expected for Saturday afternoon. (BBC forecast for Rotherham).
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Just to be completely selfish, I hope it is off as I can't go on Saturday but have plenty of leave to burn up for a midweek trip. Plus a midweek night will make it all the more random and bleak in that massive bowl of a stadium.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Dammit!! With you not being able to go Jeff AND Danny not being able to go then the pressure and the glory was all on me to deliver a match report! I was about to wallow in the glory and exclusivity that is being the only 'official' TUFC fans forum match reporter in Rotherham. Looks like my big chance might have gone with the prospect of postponement. Boohoo.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

I am planning on going and was hoping to post something vaguely resembling a match report, didn't want you succumbing to stage fright or pressure Andy. :)

At this rate though I imagine I will be reporting on nothing more than the traffic on the M5, the quality of breakfast at Strensham and the increasingly difficulties of the Daily Star's Football Crossword.

I'd much rather be describing my depressing experience at the world's least appropriate Football Venue though.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Great bengull. Your reports are are great read and full of twists and turns so it will be good to have another angle on the match. My reports are a bit bland and practical! :'( . I tend to focus on how crap the bogs were or how expensive the pies were rather than the game :lol: . I know a lot of members enjoy your reports. I enjoy danny's and jeffs too but they can't get. In all honesty i'd be amazed if the game was on, it was -8 here last night and the ground is frozen solid here.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Whereas I enjoy reading your reports, clearly a very passionate and direct bloke. If something's crap, you will call it crap! I imagine if the match is on, there might be a lot of that in your report! :lol:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I'll do the write up nearer the time.. :-D
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

No need!

GAME OFF!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16778977" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

I'm devastated at the news that was fed thru to me at work earlier! my whole day is in tatters now, weds mate going to see weds now so I can't start drinking til 4 and gone!
also i work til 7 most nights so it's doubtful id even be able to make the rearranged game, and certainly wouldn't have time for a few liveners beforehand!

also means I'll spend more money on rubbish bets and I've got to drop and pick her up from the hairdressers!
on the plus side it may snow!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

oh well, shes at the hairdressers, matildas been walked, and i'm sitting here trying to work out which games are on or off today, probably better for me that there are so few games to choose from as i always go a few games too many, last night i was restricted to a double and they both won, borussia dortmund and heereveen, who came from 2-3 to win 4-3, only a small win, but a win nonetheless!!!

negotiated a 3pm kick off today, weds mate decided to come drinking instead, so meetin big dave on the bus, and him at the gardners rest, a few there then a totter thru kelham island to finish at my 2011 pub of the year, the shakespeare. hopefully the snow will be here by then too!!

so back to todays bets then

enjoy yr day everyone, i will, and hopefully this match will be rearranged for a day convenient to me, and the rest of you travelling gulls!

cheers
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

fiver on
schalke
ajaccio
st etienne

two quid
sunderland
swansea
southend
Borussia Mönchengladbach

good luck to all you gamblers out there, hope everyone enjoys their day!
still keeping the faith