Who's off to the Don Valley?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Who's off to the Don Valley?

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Any of you motley crew going to the Don Valley on saturday? I know the place is a bit grim but i'm hoping we can get more than we did against Macclesfield a few weeks ago. Forecast up here is for a bit of snow on saturday so don't want to put anyone off. I'm actually expecting a decent match despite the pitch being shite. It's £18 adults and there is a small but decent pub on the corner near the ground that allow away fans. Not that i go in many pubs prior to games these days but i remember it from last season when loads of us were in fancy dress.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

The topic so good you posted it twice!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I'll be there with a couple others. Wander if I can find a cheap pair of binoculars before Saturday to have half a chance of seeing whats going on this time!

Looking forward to it though dont hold much hope with our woeful record against Rotherham.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

I shall be there for my first and probably only visit.

Been told its a stadium to endure, not to enjoy, nonetheless with us being in such good form, its not one to miss. COYY!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i'll be there, its a home game for me after all, really cant wait for the match to be over and rotherham to go back to rotherham, its been a horrible place to visit every time, evening games, mid winter games etc

their new ground taking shape nicely, the chuckle brothers showed us round it on late kick off last week!!

in tap at station from 12 then supertram out to the ground as pubs and general area there are cack, the less time spent there the better!!

me and a weds mate, plus 5 or 6 from devon who are meeting me at the station
still keeping the faith
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I'm afraid I can't go to this one =Z

I've never been to the Don Valley, but hoping for another 3 points!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

i'll be there :) persuade 2 mates from Leeds to come with a possible 3rd, we're starting drinking in Leeds Station at half 10 and then get the train to Meadowhall for one-ish and then get tram to the ground, 11 quid return all in. should be a decent day no matter the result because i'll of had a few :) looking forward to this one, hopefully no scumbags nick the copper wiring from the train line this time like they did before my attempt to get to Macclesfield.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Scottish Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Scottish Gull »

i'll be there, going by what everyones saying i may have made an error with the train times arriving at half 11 but who cares we're getting another 3 points :)

COYY
DJAF
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Check before you go. Could be called off tomorrow (Friday). Ground is frozen and snow forecast for Rotherham Saturday pm.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Where did you get the confirmation of the state of the ground Gullscorer?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

austrianandygull wrote:Where did you get the confirmation of the state of the ground Gullscorer?
Theres an interview with the Rotherham Groundsman on there Player. He said hes confident the game will be on and they have the frost covers on which may or may not work due to the fact frost covers only protect down to -2 and the latest they'll try to make there decision to weather the game will be on or not is friday due to the distance (some) of us have to travel to get to the game.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Cheers Alex. It will be touch and go and it all depends on how wrong the forecasters are. ( They're always wrong it's a question of is it gonna be colder or warmer then they predict?!). From being out and about up here yesterday and today i'd say the game is more likely to be off but i don't know the effectiveness of their covers. Just popped my head out the door a minute ago and it came back in with icicles on! It IS freezing!!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

austrianandygull wrote:Cheers Alex. It will be touch and go and it all depends on how wrong the forecasters are. ( They're always wrong it's a question of is it gonna be colder or warmer then they predict?!). From being out and about up here yesterday and today i'd say the game is more likely to be off but i don't know the effectiveness of their covers. Just popped my head out the door a minute ago and it came back in with icicles on! It IS freezing!!
If there going to call it off I hope its tommorow dont want a wasted journey on Saturday! Its freezing down here and I'd imagine its worse up there,

There groundsman said there frost covers protect as low as -2 so if its -5 then its basically pointless anyway! Dont really want to go on a Tuesday night but would rather that than sliding around on the pavements around the ground trying to get in!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

AlexGulls wrote: If there going to call it off I hope its tommorow dont want a wasted journey on Saturday! Its freezing down here and I'd imagine its worse up there,

There groundsman said there frost covers protect as low as -2 so if its -5 then its basically pointless anyway! Dont really want to go on a Tuesday night but would rather that than sliding around on the pavements around the ground trying to get in!

and that's BEFORE you've been to the pub! :lol:
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

austrianandygull wrote:

and that's BEFORE you've been to the pub! :lol:
:lol: Exactly! Never a good thing when its like that!