1000 to cheltenham?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: okane

1000 to cheltenham?

Post by tufc4life1 »

Reckon if we get wins in our next to games which would be some achievement with it being rotherham away and shrewsbury home, if this happens could we sell out at cheltenham?
We took 468 there last year on Tuesday night however with the possibility it could be 1st v 2nd and schools and collages having the week of which we play them there's a good chance we could bring 1000+ ;-)
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

I'll be there as my daughter lives just down the road and I can drop by for tea before and after the game. May drag her partner along too. Not a footie fan but if he wants my daughters hand and all that!!!! :devil: Been there on a few occasions and never had any problems as the locals are ok. Friendly club Cheltenham so I'll look forward to the short drive from Oxfordshire. :nod:
Oblivion!!!!
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Closest game to home for me now I live in the Forest of Dean. My two lads coming too now I've told them how noisy our away fans are.
Come on you yellows
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Anyone know if this is all ticket or not? I know theyve sent tickets down but they havent said weather theres an option to pay on the day or not I assume there is I'm just asking as I'm sure they didnt send tickets last season.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

I'll be going to this one. Can't wait. Lets hope we can get 6 points between then and now.
cosmic74
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by cosmic74 »

Not sure if it is all ticket, however it wasn't last year and we filled the allocation. I think they were surprised by our numbers and that is probably why they have sent tickets to the club. I got mine on Monday to be on the safe side, and like TUFC4life1 says, it is half term which should swell numbers. However it is Valentines day which may mean a few fans will have a morale dilemma!!! Not for me though as the other half is working abroad this month!! <3 =D
I live for matchdays!!!!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

cosmic74 wrote:Not sure if it is all ticket, however it wasn't last year and we filled the allocation. I think they were surprised by our numbers and that is probably why they have sent tickets to the club. I got mine on Monday to be on the safe side, and like TUFC4life1 says, it is half term which should swell numbers. However it is Valentines day which may mean a few fans will have a morale dilemma!!! Not for me though as the other half is working abroad this month!! <3 =D
Nah no real dilema. Just get her a ticket.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I'll be going to this one as well. I haven't been to Cheltenham since 2004 (that was a great day!!) and I'm looking forward to the game on the 14th. As for 1000 to Cheltenham? There's a possibility, but I think it'll be more like 700 odd. If we do bring 1000, that will be brilliant and quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised due to our fantastic away support. I just think we will bring around 700 (which is a good following anyway).
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Need to try and get this one off work as I'm working until 6 on that day. Always enjoy trips to Cheltenham, been 3 times now; 2004, 2006(? The year Connell scored the only goal) and then last year, where we bottled it big time. Should definitely have won that game..
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

Thinking about going to this one too. Anyone know what time the supporters coach leaves from Torquay?
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

i would ring steve breed of the travel club...on the tufc website...number is 07861 907090....can you do us a favour and post times and costs if thinking about :-D
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

For a moment I thought the missus was going to be on holiday over this game, meaning I would have gone. But then she told me she'd be here, and my chances of going to the game rapidly dropped to zero................
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Jeff wrote:For a moment I thought the missus was going to be on holiday over this game, meaning I would have gone. But then she told me she'd be here, and my chances of going to the game rapidly dropped to zero................
Who wears the trousers? =D
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Gullscorer wrote: Who wears the trousers? =D
Going to go ahead and guess that you're not married :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

I've only been with my girlfriend a couple months, but I got in there right at the beginning with the "What do you think of Valentines Day" question. She gave the standard "Oh I think its a load of corporate rubbish and don't see why we need to be told when to be nice to our loved ones" answer, which is almost certainly not how she feels about it, but I jumped on that with "Brilliant, me too, I'm taking you to watch Cheltenham v Torquay that night".

Not sure how delighted she is but I am, living in Brizzle its only down the road.