guy branston

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
knh31667
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: dave caldwell

guy branston

Post by knh31667 »

available on a free,formed good partnership with ellis and was at plainmoor on saturday.use some of robbo fee for wages till end of season,maybe the experience we need for the final promotion push :~D :-D
SDYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The next scorer

Post by SDYellow »

I thought Guy was a good quality defender but he wasn't a footballer and would struggle to keep our passing game from the back, although, he would definitely help keep the defence solid. 50/50 in terms of do I want him back. Can't have it all else he would be playing higher up the league.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Although Guy was great for us in the time he had here - I would be worried to get him back now. There is a reason he is a free agent and it could be he has now gone as a player and cannot keep up with the pace of league football.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Surely Ling is unlikely to want to fill the squad with Buckle's old pals! Ling will want to prove has the contacts and the know-how to pull off a decent deal in this league. Thanks, but no thanks.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

stevegull wrote:Surely Ling is unlikely to want to fill the squad with Buckle's old pals! Ling will want to prove has the contacts and the know-how to pull off a decent deal in this league. Thanks, but no thanks.
I'm not sure. Branno was solid when he was here only half a year ago and had an absolutely formidable partnership with Ellis at the back. I'd be concerned if we didn't bring in a replacement and had to start Saah, as i'm not convinced he's good enough.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

gullsflyinghigh wrote: I'm not sure. Branno was solid when he was here only half a year ago and had an absolutely formidable partnership with Ellis at the back. I'd be concerned if we didn't bring in a replacement and had to start Saah, as i'm not convinced he's good enough.

Wouldn't surprised to see him retire, tbh. He's doing some kind of university degree, so it might be a good time for him. I'd have him back, but only because I'm sentimental.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I don't want our club to go anywhere near Branno now. In his time here he was successful and i loed him and thank him for everything but we had the best years of him without a doubt. He left us, went to Bradford and looked like a donkey, then went to Rotherham and looked like a camel! His deficiencies as a footballer brutally exposed. Like i said, legend for me but he isn't good enough for us anymore.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I may be wrong, but didn't Branno actually play more times at the back with Robbo as his partner than Ellis?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I and my friends spoke to him on Saturday and he said he was coming back because Robbo was off to Notts County. Well the last bit was wrong but the first bit is almost certainly right.

Can he do it for us again? I'm not too sure but he is probably being considered as cover for Saah/ Ellis.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

So why no announcement?

I for one welcome him back, he was quality last time, adored by the Plainmoor faithfull in a short space of time.

But I still dont understand why no announcement if he was a free agent?

:sleep:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Forest gull wrote:
But I still dont understand why no announcement if he was a free agent?

:sleep:
They're probably still negotiating how many puppies he gets to eat before each game.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

he said on twitter he'd be seeing out his 18 months at bradford
The gulls are going up
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I would like to see Guy back. He did a cracking job last time he was here, he has a great footballing brain and doesn't do much wrong when he's on the pitch. He enjoyed his time here last and wouldn't be suprised if he wanted to come back.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

I wouldn't mind seeing him back but maybe only as someone to replace Ellis or Saah if they were injured as Saah will hopefully now come good. Interestingly if not somewhat ironically the new BBC Sport website has a story on the League Two page about how new signing Guy Branston wants to set Bradford buzzing. Still some kinks to iron out on the new website i think!!
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Is this deal even possible? He has played for both bradford and rotherham this year. Im 99% sure that means he is unable to play for anyone this season. I hope im wrong tho lol