The away end

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: okane

The away end

Post by tufc4life1 »

I've talked to a few people in the pop side and many have said that they would like to be able to have the option to go in the away stand on match day for next season.
I wondering if there was any way of this happening when the new stand is built as we could give away fans half the pop or bristow bench and put our singers in the away end to create better atmosphere as we all know its the best stand to make noise in.

I would like to know what other people make of this and does anyone know if there is a way of making it happen? :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What an original and never before suggested idea... :whistle:

We have this discussion on here every few months and we are in universal agreement that the away end belongs to us and that Bristow's should be 50/50 home and away. I think we usually conclude that it would be ace, but that we won't do it because we really need to offer the away fans some standing space.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

tufc4life1 wrote:I've talked to a few people in the pop side and many have said that they would like to be able to have the option to go in the away stand on match day for next season.
I wondering if there was any way of this happening when the new stand is built as we could give away fans half the pop or bristow bench and put our singers in the away end to create better atmosphere as we all know its the best stand to make noise in.

wonder what other people make of this and is there anyway of making it happen :)
You`ve partially started the process already because the club read the forums for feedback, there is a request also for suggestions to go into TQ1 programme :- [email protected] this is where you pose your idea, maybe you could put a piece together for the programme asking for peoples thoughts on it and whether the club can do it. If say you started a poll on here then added the data collected, with comments, to the webmaster, it may work as an idea for the programme. Just a thought!
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tufc4life1 »

Yea that true and i know but just think it about time we all got together and made on big argument for it ;-)
yes we need to offer them standing then why not give them half the pop side as it not near family stand so won't complain about language and obviously its standing then for seating maybe offer them quarter of bristow bench :)
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

I'd quite happily give away fans the pop side if it meant we could have the babbacombe end. The atmosphere has been pathetic at Plainmoor of late and I can't see this ever being rectified unless we get given the babbacombe end.
In regards to given the pop side to away fans, I admit it's impractical and would cause outrage amongst many supporters but i'm just saying i'd prefer it that way.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think the club is missing a hugetrick by not giving us the away end if i'm honest. Firstly it would benefit the team in terms of support and atmosphere having the noisy and partizan yellow army singers behind there complete with flags, banners and drums. Not only could we make it an audible hothouse but we could also make it an aesthetically yellow and blue sea of paraphernalia and shirt-wearing fans. Actually, the more i'm thinking about it, the more i'm drooling at the prospect. :Z

It makes economic sense too as the away end will be full ( hopefully ) of the yellow army instead of 8 fans from Accrington or another club who don't bring many to Plainmoor. We can force the 8 fans, or fans from other clubs to go and sit in the seats, like many clubs do to us, as there will be no terracing and we can then charge them more for sitting down. They won't have any other option. :-D

In addition, i wouldn't mind paying a tad bit extra on the ticket price to go and stand in the away end and i'm sure many of you wouldn't either so the club could make a bit extra there.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tufc4life1 »

Thanks aussie i will try that :)
Will take time to set up but i feel strongly about it as our group go down end of pop and we can only hear family stand nothing else and same for the middle group who can't hear us down the end even when we loud where as family stand and whole of pop can easily hear away end even if there only 5 in there so :)

and true parry you can make a great noise in there compared to pop with 10 or 110
So :/
Only thing which would need to be solved is where to stick the away fans now there's the two options
1- half of pop but traditionally its always been ours
or
2- half of bristow and offer no standing but then they close to the families so
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

tufc4life1 wrote:Thanks aussie i will try that :)
Will take time to set up but i feel strongly about it as our group go down end of pop and we can only hear family stand nothing else and same for the middle group who can't hear us down the end even when we loud where as family stand and whole of pop can easily hear away end even if there only 5 in there so :)

and true parry you can make a great noise in there compared to pop with 10 or 110
So :/
Only thing which would need to be solved is where to stick the away fans now there's the two options
1- half of pop but traditionally its always been ours
or
2- half of bristow and offer no standing but then they close to the families so
Look if you put this to the webmaster as a `fans wish list page` in the programme, with views and suggestions it might well get printed. It`s got to be worth a go!
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Half of the popside and seating in the bristow would be fine for big away followings. It would completely revolutionise the match day experience at plainmoor. Unfortunately I can't see it happening :-/
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

If the Babbacombe End on occasion becomes available to home supporters then I won't be one of them. Straight away I can think of at least five reasons :

1. On fine days the sun will be in my eyes. :(

2. A wet day with a roaring westerly will put rain in my eyes. :(

3. I won't be able to have a pre match chat with Aussie. :(

4. No refreshment in Boots & Laces at half time. :(

5. If half the Popside is given over to away fans it means more annoying sods at the bar preventing me from getting in a half decent slurp in the little time available. :@
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tufc4life1 »

Okay your 5 points fair enough but think of the atmosphere we could create if we got 250/300 willing singers in there would boost the players and hopefully lead to greater things.
we could for little teams just give them seating so you could still go boots with voucher system then if big away crowds such as swindon/rovers could open up pop as well

aussie how to i create a voting system on here to start with? this my first post so all new to me :)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I've rarely used the Babbacombe End over the years with the exception of bunking in when it was an open terrace. :clap:

I will however be sitting my arse on a seat in Bristow's Bench when it opens just so I can say been there done it. :-D
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tufc4life1 »

See that's the other whispers I've heard about going in the new stand to create atmosphere but personally i would rather be behind the goal whole stand to your self and we already know it loud so :)
ill wait to find out how to do a vote on here then i will start getting results to send club :scarf:
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Can we have another suggestion when the new stand is built?

If we have SWINDON visit could we,,,,, 1. Only let them have seating 2. Charge them OVER twice as much as the home support 3. Tell them WHERE they have to sit and treat them like sh1t when they object?

Do unto others and all that !
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I always said no to the idea of the away end being given to the home fans. But TBH I have changed my mind! With half of the singers being in the middle and half of them at the end, no atmosphere is created whatsoever. The singers need to be in one place and the Babbacombe End is the best place to create the best atmosphere (and we all know this due to the Histon game). I think the noise inside Plainmoor would be quality if all the singers were in the away end. As for the singers being in the new stand? Waste of time and a waste of terracing IMHO.

The only problem we face is where to put the away fans. Giving them half of Bristow’s Bench and half of the pop side for a larger away following (e.g. Plymouth, Bristol Rovers etc), is a good idea. But you would have to think about their facilities.

Something to think about and if we did get the away end, I would be very tempted to follow the singers to the Babbacombe End.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.