If we sign someone who should it be and what position?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

If we sign someone who should it be and what position?

Post by doogull »

I know we are not exactly smashing the down the doors of clubs bidding for players but we are light and to go for the push on the playoffs or auto then we will need a bit more guile in our squad so with that in mind who is that player for us?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Guile isn't really a necessity doogull but someone who can find the onion bag more than Tai, Danny and Ian is. No brainer, the rest of the squad is fine. I've been banging this drum for months now and with the loss of Bodin, another attacker became a necessity. It hasn't happened yet and we've been winning games by the skin of our teeth with goals from other areas.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

How about Tim Sills? I always rated him and can't understand how he's ended up at Basingstoke. He should be well within our price range.
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by doogull »

would love to see us poking around the tottenham ressies again and picking up a pacey front runner
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Tim Sills parry are you sure ? Released by Aldershot who have not been able to buy a goal of late (apart from the 2 they got Saturday)Sillys went out on high and I would rather keep my happy memories of Tim Sills.

For me the defence is working well and midlied is supplying chances and weighing in with more than enough goals, it has to be a forward , like to see us rescue Jakey Robinson.
Formerly known as forevertufc
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by doogull »

romone rose
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

It's gonna be Robinson, I'm pretty sure of it. Not Mr Anonymous sure, but pretty sure, it all fits, all the little evidential things.
Sills, no thanks, love the bloke, I'd let him shag my sister, but he'd never make it back at a Football League club.

So, it needs to be a deeply attack minded winger with some pace and an eye for goal. Think Joe Kuffour, but not Joe Kuffour shaped.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by doogull »

oooooooooooooo you tease
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

doogull wrote:romone rose
...is now playing somewhere within Asia!
popside_yidlad
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by popside_yidlad »

Nathan Craig highly likely to sign. Would love to see ronan murray again but dont know length of swindon loan
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Bobby Charlton. Heard he is a young uo coming attacking midfielder.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

a good reliable striker, we still dont have one, tai and rene do all the hard work but they dont hit the net regularly enough, luckily everyone else is pitching in this season, but neither of them looks like they'd ever be a 25 goal a season man, which a lot of other teams seem to possess
still keeping the faith
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The fact that our goals are coming from all over the team is one of the reasons other teams will be fearing us. If most of our goals were to come from a high-scoring striker who was then injured or suspended we could be in trouble. That said, we certainly need someone to score more goals and perhaps a loan signing to guard against suspensions and injuries.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

usagullmichigan wrote:Bobby Charlton. Heard he is a young uo coming attacking midfielder.
Oh come on. We can do better than that.. We have our own Trojan67. He can be left outside. Matt the girly guy with the orange laces can play right behind. And I have no doubt John Bartlett Can play Back to front with Westbay Up the rear. although she would find it hard to resist coming on without her barbed wire whip
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Glostergull wrote: Oh come on. We can do better than that.. We have our own Trojan67. He can be left outside. Matt the girly guy with the orange laces can play right behind. And I have no doubt John Bartlett Can play Back to front with Westbay Up the rear. although she would find it hard to resist coming on without her barbed wire whip
I know that the thread title talks about ‘in what positions’, but have you thought this one through properly? :bow:
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)