February

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Interesting to see that in our last seven games we have conceded only three goals - from Plymouth, Morecambe and Macclesfield - all conceded after we built up two goal leads, and from teams who are hardly setting League Two on fire this season. It's good to see that we've kept a few recent clean sheets and hopefully that will continue.

Apart from occasional blips such as Accrington (1-3) it is our defence which has been the basis of our success this season. If our strikers can step up a gear (and if we can avoid suspensions and injuries) there's no reason why we should not aim for an automatic promotion place.

The big fear of course is more suspensions and injuries. So I'd love to know what Martin Ling's thoughts are right now to guard against these possibilities and to improve our 'goals for' tally. A loan signing or two in the near future? Billy Bodin? Or will our current squad be good enough?
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

As spirited and confident the squad is, some reinforcements in the shape of a loanee or 2 will be necessary (with shooting boots please)
46games on a squad as small as ours is a big big ask
And we need Bobby to stay healthy and fit. That man is a rock at the back make no mistake - signing of the season by Emporer Ling
:-D
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Wisconsin_gull wrote:As spirited and confident the squad is, some reinforcements in the shape of a loanee or 2 will be necessary (with shooting boots please)
46games on a squad as small as ours is a big big ask
And we need Bobby to stay healthy and fit. That man is a rock at the back make no mistake - signing of the season by Emporer Ling :-D

You're not wrong there WG. Bobby is Austrian so he is obviously better than everybody else :lol: but even so, he has been an absolute colossus between the sticks this season and is definately Championship level as we speak. Ling's finest signing by a country mile and it won't be long before he leaves us sadly. I just hope it won't be another zillion years before we see another Austrian in a torquay shirt though i suspect it will be. :'(
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Bobby said in a programme interview that he thinks of himself as Polish. His Dad was a goalkeeper for Poland and Bobby hopes that one day he will also be the Polish goalkeeper.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Don't like him anymore now. :( :'(
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.